Rant Thread

SpeedDemon

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I told my roommate I intend to move this month. Evidently he wasn't aware.

I gave our landlord (who is his fvcking mother of all people) notice in MARCH that I'd be out by the end of may.

Well, it's now early June. I offered to pay through the month of June, but that she had better get a want ad out in the paper for a respectable tenant or something. Dude got buttsore as hell over it. I'm tired of looking out for other people the way I do. A few of my friends have said it's a downfall of mine, too loyal. Don't know, but I'm seriously done with it. Went to where I'm moving last weekend and will be going later today to get things straightened out for when I start to transfer things from where I'm at now to where I'll be. Worthless roommate I have now bitches about never having money -- yet won't work weekends or even some weekdays when the opportunity arises. I work 4/10's, and then possibly friday, saturday (worked today..prime example) and possibly even sunday.

I hate worthless people.

So I told my roommate I intend to move this month. Evidently he wasn't aware.

I gave our landlord (who is his fvcking mother of all people) notice in MARCH that I'd be out by the end of may.

Well, it's now early June. I offered to pay through the month of June, but that she had better get a want ad out in the paper for a respectable tenant or something. Dude got buttsore as hell over it. I'm tired of looking out for other people the way I do. A few of my friends have said it's a downfall of mine, too loyal. Don't know, but I'm seriously done with it. Went to where I'm moving last weekend and will be going later today to get things straightened out for when I start to transfer things from where I'm at now to where I'll be. Worthless roommate I have now bitches about never having money -- yet won't work weekends or even some weekdays when the opportunity arises. I work 4/10's, and then possibly friday, saturday (worked today..prime example) and possibly even sunday.

I hate worthless people.

me and you both. i hate people that cant do sh1t for themselves. the kid i go to school with bitches about money. its like.."dude i work 3 days and make close to $325 a week." hell i worked friday and saturday this week and got 25 hrs, and that includes the time took out for lunch

im starting to get really fuccking pissed off. ive been requesting days off of work because of finals and never got any. so i request the 12th off so i could go do a friends wedding. i was first on the damn list and they pass me up. i say something and the managers reply is "sorry, we cant give you any off days". pisses me off, another employee is requesting 1-2 days off a week to see his girlfriend and he gets every one of them. this sh1t keeps up and ill have her ass in there with the district manager.

i am now first on the list to get fathers day off. in all capital letters. i swear to god if i get passed up again ill most likely walk out

to make matters worse the refuse to do anything but have me closing every friday,saturday, and sunday. i work 12-10 friday, 10-9 saturday, and 9-9 sunday. we are closed at 8 on sundays and i am forced to stay late to clean everyone elses mess up. the week after next they have me scheduled for the following:

Friday: 9am-10pm

Saturday: 9am - 9pm(close)

Sunday: 8am - 9pm(close is at 8)

to cap it off i am only being allowed to take a lunch. any time i ask for my 10 minute breaks i am told that we are too busy and i am needed. fucck them.

im starting to get really fuccking pissed off. ive been requesting days off of work because of finals and never got any. so i request the 12th off so i could go do a friends wedding. i was first on the damn list and they pass me up. i say something and the managers reply is "sorry, we cant give you any off days". pisses me off, another employee is requesting 1-2 days off a week to see his girlfriend and he gets every one of them. this sh1t keeps up and ill have her ass in there with the district manager.

i am now first on the list to get fathers day off. in all capital letters. i swear to god if i get passed up again ill most likely walk out

to make matters worse the refuse to do anything but have me closing every friday,saturday, and sunday. i work 12-10 friday, 10-9 saturday, and 9-9 sunday. we are closed at 8 on sundays and i am forced to stay late to clean everyone elses mess up. the week after next they have me scheduled for the following:

Friday: 9am-10pm

Saturday: 9am - 9pm(close)

Sunday: 8am - 9pm(close is at 8)

to cap it off i am only being allowed to take a lunch. any time i ask for my 10 minute breaks i am told that we are too busy and i am needed. fucck them.

That my friend is illegal!:dry:

yeah i work 12-10(with an added hour to set sale, so its actually 12-11) and i usually get just a lunch and maybe a 10 min break if im lucky. so i just make my lunches closer to 50 min and my 10's are more like 20's.

is it REALLY that difficult to understand availability? If I say I can only work these days, at these hours it's because there's a reason for it. Why schedule me during the times that I say I can't work!? omfg. i swear, its not like it's all that hard to figure out. I have a full time job... I don't get out of there until 4pm. It's a half hour drive during rush hour traffic to get from there to the restaurant... and that's only if there's no accidents or construction on the way. And no, there isn't another route that's quicker either. Why schedule me for a 4:30 shift when I've clearly stated that I can only work from 5pm or later? And why schedule me for days that I've said I can't work? I'm really starting to get annoyed now... especially when I called every day last week to double check and confirm my schedule and availability with the scheduling manager- who ever so kindly never called me back.

Do yourself a favor and quit the part-time restaurant job because it seems to be more of a problem than what its worth.

If it was me, I would quit because I do not tolerate bullsh@t.

Do yourself a favor and quit the part-time restaurant job because it seems to be more of a problem than what its worth.

If it was me, I would quit because I do not tolerate bullsh@t.

i finally got my availability sorted out with them. I'm only working mon & wed through the summer now- no fridays, esp after i called out tonight to cover a shift at the salon. But I have an interview with a bridal store on tues- when I applied I said I had full availability but that was back in feb. now I have 2 other jobs (FT & PT) and I'd have to fit them in around those, or get rid of the restaurant. so we'll see what happens. I doubt I'll get it though. and it's commission based which kind of sucks... I do enjoy the restaurant though... it's fun on the nights when it isn't insanely busy. but davids bridal would probably be a good way to break into the wedding industry too which is what I ultimately want to end up doing in the end...

It's work...

last week, 474 people got laid off. I'm ok for now.....but there is gonna be another one in a few months.

Obama can hit the road just about now!!

I'm fairly certain its going to get worse before it gets better. Nothing you can do about it. And you forgot about every member of both houses except Ron Paul.

Archived