Rant Thread

SpeedDemon

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok so when i installed the short shifter last night i got it too tight. so its tough to shift. no biggie. but now it clunks whengoing in gear. grrr. i think its because i didnt use the correct ammount of spacers. the bottom of the shifter is narrower than the oem shifter. so there is some play in the linkage. i fixed that with some zinc washers(TEMPORARY!) i went and got grade 8 washers today, along with a new grade 8 bolt and nut. so hopefully that will fix it all.

thats my rant lol

ok so when i installed the short shifter last night i got it too tight. so its tough to shift. no biggie. but now it clunks whengoing in gear. grrr. i think its because i didnt use the correct ammount of spacers. the bottom of the shifter is narrower than the oem shifter. so there is some play in the linkage. i fixed that with some zinc washers(TEMPORARY!) i went and got grade 8 washers today, along with a new grade 8 bolt and nut. so hopefully that will fix it all.

thats my rant lol

yeah hopefully it gets fixed because like i said....my buddies crx was freaking hard to shift to 5th.... it wasnt impossible just not smooth at all, gets annoying really quick

its not hard. just stiff from where i tightened it too tight. its hard to go from 2-3. but the rest is fine. i think its just because i have it adjusted too far right(shifter leans left in the car).

that may all be from the washers i used. i used 3 different ones lol. but now i have all grade 8 washers hahahahaha

did an all over inspection on the del getting ready for summer

1) found a scratch on one rim.. :(.. its like close to microscopic but still annoying.. guess its bound to happen after being on there for a year and 3 months

rotated the tires.. well moved front to back and back to front.. cant ROTATE them cause they are directional tires.. front passenger was a little worn on the inside.. i think from the tie rods being messed up previously

anyway brakes look almost not worn at all.. so no replacing there which is cool

anyway on the the rant.. been hearing a popping.. all bushing look good cept the brand new tie rod!!!!! wtf

3 different washers wow.... lol its ok sometimes you need to improvise, well just let us know if the grade 8s worked... im pretty sure they will... if not... wd-40 that bitch LOL

yeah its not good. im gonna try to get to it tomorrow evening. i need it fixed asap because its making my 2nd gear grind. if i dont get it fixed the oem one will go back on.

yeah its not good. im gonna try to get to it tomorrow evening. i need it fixed asap because its making my 2nd gear grind. if i dont get it fixed the oem one will go back on.

id go back to oem... im not a big fan of short shifters...

hes new and a little slow

hahah

i has a question.. but not a huge super serious one... you do nissans trannys too right? (pretty sure you do everything but just checking)

yeah just a little :D

boo on drag

i wanna do road course (carolina motorsport park is right down the road), and autocross, and drift, and gymkana stuff

i kind of have to practice but im pretty sure it wont take me long lol

ive never had a toyota or really know anyone whos had one so ive been trying to research them.. well research the mk3 at least lol

CMP is right down the road from you? lmao. I was there in mid-November. I'll be there a couple times before the end of the year. I'll hit you up when I'll be tracking my car so you can do a ride-along to see if you want to get into it or not (you will).

I'd start basic though. A cheap stock Honda (with decent tires like Azenis, RE-11, etc though you can use regular all season or summer tires) and good front pads is all you need (plus a helmet) to get started. Stock first then modify once you stop getting faster from driver improvements.

OR i can get a rwd with good brakes/tires/suspension and get into that AND start learning to drift because a smaller dragstrip down highway 15 is paving a nice skid pad ill be able to play on before going to large events and what not

i live in sumter (right down 261).. go to school in columbia (im sure you know where that is).. and i have an internship with BMW in spartanburg/greenville over the summer :)

my bf has an 04 350z hes been meaning to start racing.. but getting enough races in nasa and redline gets pricey :(

It's not really practical to use a car for both, as the setup needs to be pretty different (from the suspension to the LSD), though it can be done if you can compromise. I have some friends in Greenville (all ITR trackwhores, one photog (you might have heard of him, Ben Howard aka stunna BEN)). If you haven't been to the area much, Brix is a must. Best brick oven pizza I've had anywhere (I've driven down there for it once versus the shorter drive to Knoxville Brix, it's just not the same). The we-todd Expo at CMP should have two dates (summer and fall) so you're bound to be home for one of them. Tell your bf to come out and track, they're piggybacked onto TurnOne HPDE's so anyone can come out and drive.

i know you normally only have a car made for one or the other but i want a simpler car (compromise in some areas) so i can do what i want with it and only building it to stay in classes i'll still be some what competitive in.. i know the odds of me getting into for a living is pretty slim anyway..

ive only been up there about twice.. i would like to meet as many ppl as possible in the area (if you know any good meet points/forums for the area plz share lol).. they seem to be a lot better people vs the ones down here.. people in my area now occupy themselves with trying to street race and stealing other peoples stuff and dont really know what they're talking about lol i'm moving on the 22nd and ill be there until august then its back to sumter/columbia for my senior year

i wouldnt mind taking the del out but im scared of hurting it (i tend to be hard on my cars when im racing lol i baby them all the other times though), i need to find some cheap 14's or 15's though.. i dont wanna track it with the wheel/tire combo i have now.. just ASKING for a fender hit lol

be nice to start in the del though.. get used to the turns in the track then start with the RWD.. the build the RWD but i've always liked RWDS better.. just like how they handle better.. i think oversteer is fun vs understeer being annoying

Archived