removed mud-flaps

removed altezza's

removed trunk hydraulics

installed OEM tails

installed trunk hydraulics

installed OEM front lip

5 minute wash

rotated tires

Tomorrow's plan: replace my broken rear-view mirror with a really nice one from a Mercury Sable then bitch at the motor mount guy for a couple hours...

What do you guys think? i like it a lot... :D

Why are the before pictures in B&W and the afters in color? You can't really judge the difference, unless the pictures are all in color.

It looks good, but the five minute wash makes me cringe. It's impossible to do a proper wash in 5 minutes.

i like the lip a lot. did you ever get that dent fixed in your fender?

thanks dude, no i might try to pop it out tomorrow....shouldn't be tooo hard.

Why are the before pictures in B&W and the afters in color? You can't really judge the difference, unless the pictures are all in color.

It looks good, but the five minute wash makes me cringe. It's impossible to do a proper wash in 5 minutes.

i dunno, b/c it was dirty and ugly before, now it looks pretty good so i made them color...kind of like an infomercial i guess....

all my buddy had at his house was a bucket, turtle wax car wash, a hose, wash pad, and a chamoise....couldn't do much with that, but i wanted it to be clean for the "after" pics...

i personally like the mud flap look

well my car is very low, and the mudflaps were about 2" from the ground so they scraped everything then just started to look horrible all scraped up. i like it w/o them better.

It takes me 5 minutes just to spray my car down before I wash it.

Nice lip. And tails, too.

How hard was it to install the trunk hydralics. I honestly haven't given any thought to switching mine at all, even though I'm using a yard stick to prop my trunk open all the time. Maybe the time is right...

Good call taking off the mudflaps. Scraped up mudflaps look tacky. Even though I do like the mudflap look.

Why bother popping out the dent in the fender (it will be really hard, by the way -- I have one about the same size in my fender and it's small enough that it's hella hard to get it fully out)? Didn't you say there was a perfect shell at the junkyard you went to? Take the fender off that.

It takes me 5 minutes just to spray my car down before I wash it.

Nice lip. And tails, too.

How hard was it to install the trunk hydralics. I honestly haven't given any thought to switching mine at all, even though I'm using a yard stick to prop my trunk open all the time. Maybe the time is right...

Good call taking off the mudflaps. Scraped up mudflaps look tacky. Even though I do like the mudflap look.

Why bother popping out the dent in the fender (it will be really hard, by the way -- I have one about the same size in my fender and it's small enough that it's hella hard to get it fully out)? Didn't you say there was a perfect shell at the junkyard you went to? Take the fender off that.

i wash cars all day long enery day, i can wash an entire Benz in 3 minutes...it's just a routine now.

Trunk Hydraulics are easy as pie. 2 bolts on each one, prop the trunk up with your hood prop b/c it's heavy without any hydraulics, unscrew, remove, install, screw...sooo easy. took 10 minutes.

i want to at least try and pop it out...the one at the junkyard was teal, i don't want a teal fender, or have to deal with taking a fender off, i don't know how to do that.

im gonna try and pop it out after i eat some food, then install the rear-view mirror b/c it's pimp.

motor mounts?

i ordered at Megan catback outta the drift-spec ......i so wish i could have just paid a 30 dollars extra to be here in three days.....no dice.....woulda been like 114 dollars more......5 days will be just fine!!!

motor mounts?

i ordered at Megan catback outta the drift-spec ......i so wish i could have just paid a 30 dollars extra to be here in three days.....no dice.....woulda been like 114 dollars more......5 days will be just fine!!!

what huh

I think he was trying to say he ordered a cat back from some place called drift-spec, and he wanted 3 day shipping but got 5 day.

But dont quote me on that lol.

Looks good without the altezzas. I'd have kept the splash guards on, though.

If you're planning on going back to the junkyard any time soon, try to get the guage cluster plugs out of that Integra, and I'll send you some money for them. I never have time to get to the junkyard to get them.

i wash cars all day long enery day, i can wash an entire Benz in 3 minutes...it's just a routine now.

I really don't want to start an argument here (seriously), but it's impossible to Properly wash a car in 3 minutes. If you disagree, argue with the guys at autopia.com or detailcity.com who have proven the proper ways to prevent micromarring during a wash. A proper handwash that takes less than 30 minutes from wash to dry is probably not done right. Are you using the 2 bucket method? If not then you're micromarring the paint. I garuntee I could find swirl marks in every car that you've washed in 5 minutes or less, most likely swirl marks from an improper wash. Again, not trying to argue, but there are proven ways to properly wash the car and none exist that take less than 5 minutes.

Autopia

Detail City

Archived