All About the Benjamins

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just order explicit performance motor mounts for $478 shipped see------>

IMG_1701.jpg

i'll have $250 on friday for the junkyard.

what i need:

90-93 Accord inner axle joint

wire harness

92-93 civic hatch pedal assembly

ecu (probably got a chipped one already)

looks like it'll be good to go, the only problem is that the mounts will take 10 days to get here...booooo

but the good thing about that is me and Claudio are taking the engine apart to inspect everything, he's taking the head to his school (UTI) and steam cleaning everything or something, i forget what ihe said....

We're also gonna see how the clutch and flywheel look, they could be aftermarket too.

So i'm going down to Philly tonight to put the motor in the shop that we're doing the swap in, taking the head apart, checking everything out, then leaving. I'll be down there a lot until the mounts come, then the swap should only take 3-4 days.

me=excited as hell

YO CHUBS!!!

couple questions for you:

what did you rin un the 1/4 mile with your H22?

do you like it?

ever get it dynoed?

have a lot of problems?

thanks dawg.

We'll here is the motor

Dan was kidding.

It's in and supercharged with 600WHP already!

kennebell.jpg

j/k

Here it is

danmotor1.jpg

danmotor2.jpg

danmotor3.jpg

Dan, I really hope everything goes sweet for you

You worked alot and crap

Good luck man!

ha that first motor is ridiculous...i rode in that truck (S/C Ford Lightning) and it was the fastest thing i've ever been in....omg

but, yeah thanks for posting pics pino, did you see my motor mounts on page 4? they're all jdm'ed out red and black....yeahhhh

H22A FTW!

well, just read further.

a kid in town named bidonka or something has a ls-vtec teg w/ type-r IM, header, test pipe, exhaust, tune and ran a 13.2....

a guy with a turbo accord at 9 psi and open downpipe ran the ls-vtec kid and won by a full car length....keep reading.

my motor was bought from japan and put in a civic originally, who then ran the guy with the boosted accord, and won by a full car length....

therefore, H22A>lsvtec by about .2-.3 seconds in the 1/4 mile...

should be a 13 second flat, maybe 12.9 with slicks set-up.

YO CHUBS!!!

couple questions for you:

what did you rin un the 1/4 mile with your H22?

do you like it?

ever get it dynoed?

have a lot of problems?

thanks dawg.

For the 1/4 I ran a 14.2 with AEM fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator, AEM short ram intake, Apexi N1 catback, BDL 5 bolt cam gears, short shift adapter, Exedy stage 2 clutch and Fidanza flywheel, and an Unorthodox racing pulley kit. That was on 93 octane and regular street tires. Prolly would be in the 13's with slicks and a good tune. I need some head work.

Do I like it ? I love it, the H22 was always my favourate Honda motor even before I bought my Prelude.

I have never gotten it dynoed but I do plan on it soon.

(knock on wood) I have not had any problems at all, and I know its stupid but I change my oil every 1500 miles.

Trust me Dan, you will love it.

My car has never seemed so slow =(

Mofo might go back on it's 70 shot so I can hit low 13's again xD

It's a shame, my sluggish hatch..with a gsr swap..low miles..i/h/e clutch/lsd/civic type r tranny w/ls fifth gear and suspension got beat by an eg6 hatch with i/h/e on the same motor, gsr tranny with the same mods, by two cars. And no, it's NOT the driver.

well, just read further.

a kid in town named bidonka or something has a ls-vtec teg w/ type-r IM, header, test pipe, exhaust, tune and ran a 13.2....

a guy with a turbo accord at 9 psi and open downpipe ran the ls-vtec kid and won by a full car length....keep reading.

my motor was bought from japan and put in a civic originally, who then ran the guy with the boosted accord, and won by a full car length....

therefore, H22A>lsvtec by about .2-.3 seconds in the 1/4 mile...

should be a 13 second flat, maybe 12.9 with slicks set-up.

Damnit!

For the last time

Ba-nock-a!

:laugh:

12.9 would be insane!

When my new IM and header come in im taking my prelude to TPR to have it tuned on Hondata s200, then im taking her to the track, she should run mid to low 13's.

sorry i can't say that buttheads name correctly...i don't like him at all....bindonka.

chubs: werd, how much does your lude way?

my car weighs around 2600 lbs.

Sorry Dan im not exactly sure what it weighs, I would go look but im on vacation right now but when I get back I will check, I can tell you one thing though that H22 is gonna kick it in your Integra, especially if it pulls hard in my Prelude.

....what exactly is done to this motor?

We took the head apart tonight, everything looks great!

JDM H22A

AEM Fuel Rail, RC 370 CC Injecters, AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator, Skunk 2 Stg 2 Camshafts (the lobes are HUGE), AEM Cam Gears, AEM Pulleys, DC-Sports 4-2-1 header....

next week i'll have a temporary HKS exhaust(until the RS*R with a cut-out), a custom CAI, chipped ecu, and Explicit Racing Motor Mounts(i purchased today for $478)

I'm trying to decide whether to go N/A, turbo, or S/C....we shall see, that's a long way off.

Junkyard on Friday, start the swap on Sunday....

oh yeah, i just got back from Philly. We dropped the motor off at the shop and took a look at some internals, and the valve cover is being powdercoated red with silver letters...that is all

Archived