All About the Benjamins

Well, the time has come. I got my $1600 in benjamins and $130 extra for a junkyard clutch pedal, hoses, fluids, and food....check it out, this ain't mommy and daddy's money, this is one month of hard ass work.

cashmoneyhoes.jpg

I will take pics before, during, and after the swap. I'm nervous as hell though. Wish me luck!

edit: oh yeah, FYI-i'm driving down to his shop tomorrow morning around 7ish, we'll drop my motor out, then get started after some food probably around 10 am....i'll keep ya posted.

peace.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah they said it should only take 5 or 6 hours with 3 guys working on it...not too bad. i should have it done by tomorrow afternoon/evening and then i'll post pics...but the hard part will be driving home w/ stg 3 clutch and an aluminum flywheel.....*stall* *stall* *stall* all the way home lol

yeah they said it should only take 5 or 6 hours with 3 guys working on it...not too bad. i should have it done by tomorrow afternoon/evening and then i'll post pics...but the hard part will be driving home w/ stg 3 clutch and an aluminum flywheel.....*stall* *stall* *stall* all the way home lol

Haha, then good luck with the driving... my brother had a 90 integra a while back. We had to pick him up from the local courthouse one night, which meant I had to drive it home with whatever crazy ACT clutch he had in it at the time. Somehow, I managed to only stall it twice lol.

Then again this was a little after I learned to drive stick, and hadn't had to use a cable clutch before.

so how hard is the act clutch to drive? what do you think will happen with stg 3 aluminum flywheel?

It's been a few years. You might have some trouble at first, but you'll probably get used to it quick. I don't know if you going with a cable or hydro trans. Hydro shouldn't be a problem at all.

Hydro.

i was gonna go with cable but a lot of people talked me out of it, so i'll just take the hydraulic tranny...i've driven sti's, srt-4's, a s/c rsx-s, and a 3000 GT, so i can't imagine it being too much harder than those.

Hydro.

i was gonna go with cable but a lot of people talked me out of it, so i'll just take the hydraulic tranny...i've driven sti's, srt-4's, a s/c rsx-s, and a 3000 GT, so i can't imagine it being too much harder than those.

My brother's was cable. I doubt you'll have a problem with hydro.

Hey thanks for the clean lude comment :D I guess I am lucky to have my beautiful car an my motor but I worked hard for 2 years for that car, I saved 9k for it and my parents gave me 3k. But if your Integra is all you could afford at the time when you bought your car and you started at 200,000 miles then I think your some kind of hero for bringing it back to life and giving it enough love to swap a new motor etc.. Most people with a 90 integra would be pissed that they didn't get a new eclipse or some bullcrap but you made the best of what you got, I look up to you for that :)

haha thanks, the thing that sucks is that i put over $3 G's just to keep it running over the last year...but i always loved the DA body style so that's why i'm taking pride in what i got. it'll be painted and some dent removal is goin down late august. black with a tiny bit of blue flake so in light it will look pretty nice.

total invested into DA as of tomorrow: $7700.00

damn, that's a heluva a lot.

$$$$$$$ into my DA > Evo

yeah sunnnn

.....you keep thinking that :laugh:

good luck with the swap. if you have any left over money send it to me.

.....you keep thinking that :laugh:

good luck with the swap. if you have any left over money send it to me.

i will always think that!

i'll pass on the money thing.

the guys gonna call me soon, then i have to head down to dirty jersey to do this thing.

90 got f-ed in the a. He called me today and told me that the guy who was supposed to do the swap was MIA. So he talked to the guy's dad and he had no clue where he was. 90 tried calling the guy but he wouldn't answer his phone finally after a while of trying he got a hold of him... The guy said that he wants to meet 90 in Philly tomorrow to do the swap. Now Dan doesn't know wheather to drive all the way to Philly because this dude might d*ck him over again. The end. (Dan asked me to post this for him). Keep us posted man. Sorry this guy dicked you. SolLes and 99 I was thinking maybe we could help this kid out when we meet if he can't get this crap taken care of. Do you guys have access to an engnine crane?

there are some shady people in this world...i would love to help if you guys want, but i'm in wv...i'm up for a good drive though. if i were you 90, i wouldn't drive to philly for a guy that didn't show up the day before. but if you know he's cool, then it's all you. just sh*tty to hear that you saved all that money for it to be delayed even more.

Well. I'm at my friends house on his computer...after driving 5 hours today back forth from PA to north jersey, i'm f*cking pissed the f*ck off. i called andrew (gunit) and yelled for like 10 minutes (sorry dude, i had to vent and i couldn't think straight)...haha i was stuttering and sh!t...sooo pissed.

i've seen the engine, checked the VIN, everything's legit. I'm just real pissed he stood me up today. He's gonna call me tonight after work around 9 and let me know if we're gonna start the swap tonight at a shop in Philly, which is closer to me, so that's a positive...

If he doesn't call tonight or tomorrow morning i'm gonna be real pissed that i worked my ass off for $1700 this month, but then i'll just keep saving i guess.

if this particular swap doesn't work out, i'm still gonna do the GSR swap, it will just take a few more months b/c i'll prolly have to save up about 3K extra...i hope that's not the case though....

*expletive*

Archived