Nate's 91 Civic Hatch

CleanGSR

toss the steelies back on and wait to get it done right id say.

toe will wreck yo tires like a bastard.

I can't really throw the steelies back on. The tires are pretty bad and one is horrible with amazingly bad uneven wear (diagonal). So, with the bad weather I can't put them back on. I've just decided that I'll drive the car as little as possible and make an appointment for the 2nd.

Oh, and I'm still on the fence, but I'm still seriously considering raising it some. Love the look, but she rubs sometimes. Under normal driving, she doesn't rub.....even at full turn either direction. But if I'm going up an incline (to get into say...a resturant) then the flex on the front wheel (either) plus the turning causes it to rub. So, I'll drive it a few more days like this and see if I can live with it or avoid it by driving techniques and if not, I'll have to raise it some.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'd just wait. unless your driving a ridiculous amount everyday, its not really going to show wear on your tires, if it does at all. hell, i didnt get my car aligned when i dropped it more on my volk wheels with the yokohama tires and i rode on them for like 2 months and i didnt show wear :laugh:

This is my problem. Today I'm only driving 10 miles to work (and 10 back home). Tomorrow and Wednesday it will be 40 miles each way. So it will be 180 miles this week. Then next week, I'm not sure, but figure 80 miles x3 days = 240 miles plus 120 miles to the alignment shop. So, I'll be driving about 540 miles prior to my alignment.

I will try to use my wife's car when possible, but not sure how many days she'll go for that.

i dont think your tires would wear out as much... my old car was only dropped in the front and it wasnt aligned..well i didnt align it. i had it for 2 years and i only switched the tires once but at the same time i didnt drive as much but my car did rub only my left tire did haha...just try to drive it as little as possible id say

DANG!!! that must have sucked!!

definitely did. but got Toyo Spectrums rated at 40k miles for 94 a piece :thumbsup:

I didn't pay for the set that were worn down, they came on the car.

I wasn't too pissed :D

endthreadjacksorrysir.

No pics in 2 pages? wtf mang?

I'll get some new ones soon since I've "leveled" out the suspension. Although, I'm still debating whether to raise it some or not. Love the way it looks, but it rubs (only on inclines or turning on an incline). However, it doesn't rub while taking a hard turn on normal roads so the actual "function" is still there which is what matters most.

I'll probably try to modify my fender liners a little more before raising it though. But if I turn while going up an unlevel surface then it likes to rub the outer fender in the front (Yikes). Maybe I'll research on how to "pull" a fender....whatever that entails.

holy hell nate, car looks friggin awesome!!!! :drool:

only one thing that weirds me out kind of, it looks EXACTLY like my friends gold 91 hatch :crazy:

l_ee16c600b2260dc29c2ce6c328e4bdf3.jpg

ladies and gentlemen we have twins, lol :laugh:

Honestly, flat black slipstreams look better on this car than any other I've ever seen. I'd really like to have that....I just hate the cliche and the fact that everybody has or had a set of slips....especially in flat black.

IMHO chrome slips looks TITS on a 88 - 91 hatch and ive only seen ONE with chrome slips :thumbsup:

holy hell nate, car looks friggin awesome!!!! :drool:

only one thing that weirds me out kind of, it looks EXACTLY like my friends gold 91 hatch :crazy:

IMHO chrome slips looks TITS on a 88 - 91 hatch and ive only seen ONE car with chrome slips :thumbsup:

Thanks.

Okay.....so as most of you know (that have been here long enough), I've never been a fan of black with polished lip wheels. That said, I think mine look excellent and really like the look. However, I can't help but wonder what these wheels would look like in all black and, in all black with red lip. SO........I photoshopped it really quick

Current setup

IMG_1591.jpg

All Black

IMG_1591-2.jpg

Black w/ Red Lip

IMG_1591-3.jpg

Honestly.....I love the look of the all black.....just my style I suppose. Of course, I like the current setup a lot too.....sooooo here's the deal. If the winter is harsh to my wheels and puts very many chips and stuff in them, then I will use paintstripper on them in the spring to get rid of all the red underneath (chips in the black show the red under the chip), then sand them and spray them all black. If they come through the winter in good shape, I'll probably leave them as they are.

as far as i know you can only pull the fenders on a truck bed, do you mean roll your fenders? and i think you could get away with lifting the car up a little bit, the one in brian's post is sitting a little taller and it still looks very nice.

i also like them as is. the photoshop's never look as good as when its done for real, so i'm sure it would look still look good with the other choices. the all black reminds me of a stock steelie or something, but like i said it could just be photoshop playing tricks on me.

Yeah, in person I don't think it would look like steelies. In Pictures, all black wheels tend to get underexposed when the car is exposed right which makes them look more like steelies. In person that's obviously different.

I like them as is too, but if they have to be repainted, I have a couple issues.

1. Using paint stripper might mess up the lip some (not sure how the aircraft stripper effects aluminum)...also not sure if the lip is cleared or not. If it is then that would definitely get messed up with stripper.

2. I REALLY don't want to go through taping off that center portion again. Took about a half hour per wheel (not bad), but it was such tedious work that I don't feel like going through that crap again.

If I did the black, I would pinstripe the red on the lip. Then if I didn't like it, I could just pull off the pinstripe.

aircraft are made out of aluminum. im sure it wouldnt affect it in a negative manner.

yeah, but if they are cleared (i think they are), then it would strip the clear which means I would constantly be polishing the lips to keep them looking nice.

yeah, but if they are cleared (i think they are), then it would strip the clear which means I would constantly be polishing the lips to keep them looking nice.

rattle can on another clear coat. lol.

rattle can on another clear coat. lol.

You put a "lol" at the end of that, but that's actually not a bad idea. Westand with 600 grit to make the clear stick and then I could clear the lip when I clear the repainted wheels. I just don't want to go through taping off the lip again. Maybe I won't have to worry about it, but there's already a couple of minor chips and it's only been about a week.

I'm not gonna lie though. Looking at the pictures, I like the all black better. I think it fits the car better since there is no other "polished on the car. Maybe I'll go some crazy color like a lot of people and paint them purple or blue, or green (ya right). Or maybe I'll do the black and do the anodized red look on the lip (eww...I hate that look actually).

Friend of mine has close to the exact setup on his 91 hatch, except the car is light blue and his gt3's are red with a polished lip..actually looks pretty good together.

Archived