Nate's 91 Civic Hatch

CleanGSR

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I found a set of wheels. Guy's dropping them off at my parents house tomorrow (they'll pay and I'll pay them back Saturday) and I'll head down this weekend to pick them up.

Far from my first choice in rims, but it was a really good deal so I had to jump. Plus I couldn't find a set of HX's for crap....don't know what's up with that.

Wheels are Drag DR-16's in Royal Red with Falken Ziex ZE-512's that have about 85% tread left. Getting them for $350.

I'm probably going to paint them Black but will wait until the suspension gets on to see what the red looks like.

Edit: Here's his picture from the FS add.

DSCN1452.jpg

they look like my VX's and rota GT3's, but i love all three they look so good

ill trade you my VX's for them?

Shoot, looks like less than that. You'll be fine w/ clearance if et is +38, my 87 si's are 40 not even close to the fender.

That's because your 87 Si's aren't 7 inches wide. 40 offset on a 7" wide rim will stick out farther than 40 offset on a 5.5" rim.

Lol....I'm gonna leave it just to annoy you guys. I'll replace it when I get the suspension and drop and some pics.

On that note, I got my refund check for the Progress coilovers. I'll deposit that tomorrow and as soon as it clears the bank (tomorrow night or thursday) I'll order the PIC Coilovers. Hopefully next weekend (not this coming one) I'll be putting suspension on.

That's because your 87 Si's aren't 7 inches wide. 40 offset on a 7" wide rim will stick out farther than 40 offset on a 5.5" rim.

Even still they will not extend that far maybe .75in, though it is a good point.

Those PIC's will be nice though.

EDIT- I have like 1.6in of clearance on my HF, but I do understand your thought/worry.

Even still they will not extend that far maybe .75in, though it is a good point.

Those PIC's will be nice though.

EDIT- I have like 1.6in of clearance on my HF, but I do understand your thought/worry.

Yeah, it will extend .75" farther on the outside and .75" farther in on the inside. I doubt I'll have any problems as 38 is still a pretty mild offset for a 7" wide rim.

PIC's have been ordered. I was told they should be here either Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. I'm picking up the wheels from my parents' house Saturday and I will try to prep and paint them on Sunday. THen I plan to hold of and not install them until the suspension goes on. That way it's a huge transformation all at once....will be kind of cool.

Good deal man. I'm excited for you.

PS let me know how you feel about the PIC's when they get in. I am planning the selects for mine, so they will be a bit different but still like another knowledgeable opinion.

wanna passenger mirror? have 2 of these sitting at my dads house.. any parts you may need, let me know.

Heck yeah I want a passenger mirror. I'm kinda broke right now but let me know what you have and how much you want for them. Here's a list of factory parts I want/need:

Passenger side Mirror (unpainted)

Rear Mudflaps (have fronts already)

Clock

Center Console (USDM Si or JDM....doesn't matter to me personally)

Interior Rear Hatch cover (also need the panels that the cover mounts too)

OEM Civic Hood "Bra"

88-91 Civic SI Front and Rear Seats (don't plan on getting these horribly soon to be honest)

i have unpainted mirror, and Si seats front and rear. i'll see if it has mudflaps.. heres a pic of when i towed it home..

towinghome2.jpg

towinghome.jpg

has no mudflaps.

That's cool. Send me a price shipped on the mirror to 65559. Also shoot me a price on the si seats and pics of their condition. Of course, I'm guessing the shipping alone on the si seats is going to be as much or more than what they are worth.

Here's a little update. I got the wheels and threw them on. At first I kind of liked the red on red action. However, the more I looked at it the more I hated it. Way too flashy for my tastes I suppose. So, yesterday they got sanded (400 grit), wiped down, taped, and painted.

Pic of them on the car in red

DSC_6489.jpg

If you notice, the lip between the tire and rim edge is red as well. This has posed to be the biggest pain to remove. I finally discovered that if I take my flexible window tint squegee (sp?) and wrap it in sandpaper, it fits in that grove well so I can sand off the red. I've done 3 and will do the 4th tonight. It ended up taking about 20-30 minutes per wheel to sand off that outer edge.

Lastly, the center caps on the steel wheels are black and polished (same as the wheels now) and when I hold them up to the center of the wheel they look incredible. However, they are about 1/4-1/2 inch to small in diamater. I can't figure out how to make them work so if anybody has any ideas, please let me know.

Oh yeah, and coilovers are scheduled to be here tomorrow by my UPS tracking number. I haven't mounted the new wheels back on yet....cause suspension will go on tomorrow night and new wheels after suspension is on. It's icing pretty bad this week so decent pictures may have to wait awhile....(I'll throw a garage snapshot up though).

I like the wheels in red a lot. Shame...

I like those seats too. Car looks amazing Nate.

Yeah....I kind of liked them in red too. One problem.....way too much red for me. To be completely honest, I'm not even that big of a fan of red cars in the first place....with red wheels it was just too much for me.

Funny, but 3 of my last 5 cars have been red and I don't even like red cars that much. Fate I suppose.

I hear ya. I personally hate red cars.

But you managed to make the paint look pretty good and the wheels matched well and made it stand out even more.

Anything else will just make it look like another boring red car IMHO.

As for the centercaps, what's the differenece between the two? Could you just cut the smaller one so that you can glue it on top of the larger one?

Archived