Nate's 91 Civic Hatch

CleanGSR

when you get time and cash, it needs an exhaust IMO :thumbsup:

::EDIT:: "broken style" FTW! :p

I disagree. Exhaust on a 62hp car is both dumb and pointless. Maybe, a small exhaust tip or having the current exhuast sprayed black, but wasting money on an actual exhaust setup on an 18 second car would be pointless.

The car will get a new exhaust setup when I do the turbo D16 swap in a year or two.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
apexi n-1 or ws2 FTW!

Read above. And neither of those is going to best suit a turbo D setup. I'll be doing a vibrant flat black muffler and vibrant resonator (possibly 2) with custom piping. Haven't researched yet to see if 2.5" or 3" is better for around 200-210whp but I'm guessing probably 2.5".

Here's a couple new pictures after the alignment. -3.7 degrees camber FTL..lol. However I've talked to a bunch of people who have run that much with toe at zero with now irregular wear so I should be fine.

2009-01-02_2web.jpg

2009-01-02_4web.jpg

Oh yeah, and I found a guy that is going to give me (for free) his entire a/c system from his 90 civic sedan. All I need to buy is the a/c lines and get it charged and I should be able to get a/c. Yay for not burning this summer with crappy vinyl seats.

haha, damn, 3.7 camber huh? im going to be running 3 in the front and i thought i was nuts :laugh:

i'll probably end up running 3.0f/2.0r, or if i can somehow get 2.0f/1.5r but i dont see that happening.

looks good though.

Nate, that is stupidly nice man. Can't believe how good you got the paint to look! Wheels suit it extremely well, just keep those chrome lips (as I read u were thinking otherwise). They set the car off nicely.

Some nice photos too!

yeah seriously...his paint looks better than mine :laugh:

nate, wanna detail my car? lol.

Nate, that is stupidly nice man. Can't believe how good you got the paint to look! Wheels suit it extremely well, just keep those chrome lips (as I read u were thinking otherwise). They set the car off nicely.

Some nice photos too!

Thanks, I'm still undecided on the lip idea. Since the tire shop would screw the paint up anyway, I'll probably stick with the polished lip until after I get new tires (not sure when that will be). Then I might consider a repaint....still not sure though.

Paint came out really nice and the pictures are more than kind to the paint. It's not without it's defects (shown in the original detail pictures), but for 18 years old, I'm not gonna complain.

Dang Nate, looking good. Keep up the good work man.

Thank you.

yeah seriously...his paint looks better than mine :laugh:

nate, wanna detail my car? lol.

Thanks Joe. I would love to detail your car if we lived closer to each other. I would take a lot of joy in detailing something as nice as your STI.

I think one of the top next "upgrades" (besides the passenger mirror) is going to be the rear hatch/cargo cover w/ side panels. I get a lot of road noise coming through the trunk area so I'm thinking that would help some. Plus I hate that anybody walking by can see what's in my "trunk"...although window tint will help with that when I get around to it.

I think one of the top next "upgrades" (besides the passenger mirror) is going to be the rear hatch/cargo cover w/ side panels. I get a lot of road noise coming through the trunk area so I'm thinking that would help some. Plus I hate that anybody walking by can see what's in my "trunk"...although window tint will help with that when I get around to it.

funny, i didn't notice that you had no passenger mirror until you mentioned it!... but as for the noice in the trunk i get that a lot too and people can see what i have back there too.. i hate that as well.. i was planning to do the same thing you are planning to do but i also noticed that the trunk panel was lose and that was causing some noise, so you might want to check small details like that :thumbsup: ...maybe you already did so dont think im trying to tell you what to do haha.. im just trying to help a little

I know the road noise all to well in my crx with the cover. I would suggest getting some rubberized spray on liner and spray that under the rear carpet.

I know the road noise all to well in my crx with the cover. I would suggest getting some rubberized spray on liner and spray that under the rear carpet.

Have you tried that? Does it actually work to reduce road noise? I've thought of doing that but was unsure if it would actually work. I've also seen spray on sound deadeners at Walmart, but again, know little about their effectiveness.

Have you tried that? Does it actually work to reduce road noise? I've thought of doing that but was unsure if it would actually work. I've also seen spray on sound deadeners at Walmart, but again, know little about their effectiveness.

is that the spray that leaves like yellow spongy material all over the place?? wouldnt that look kinda ugly?? i think im wrong though

Well, it doesn't matter much what it would look like since I will be putting it behind interior panels and under carpets.....but no..the stuff I'm talking about is a black sound deadner spray....looks similar to the truck bedliner.

oh! well that makes sense.. and i think i know what youre talking about now.. either way if you decide to try it and if it works i might do the same to mine since i get a lot of road noise as well... hope it works out for you though... and the hatch is looking mighty sexy by the way :thumbsup:

STD Hatch. I've also heard of people using the roofing asphalt sheets to aid in sound deadening. They said it works really well but in the really hot weather the asphalt can melt and run. Not a problem on horizontal panels (flat) but on vertical surfaces can be a problem.

STD Hatch. I've also heard of people using the roofing asphalt sheets to aid in sound deadening. They said it works really well but in the really hot weather the asphalt can melt and run. Not a problem on horizontal panels (flat) but on vertical surfaces can be a problem.

this is basically the same as the cheaper sound deadeners. i found some stuff that is used to insulate AC ducting for homes, sticky asphalt mat with a heavy foil backing, all self adhesive. it was $18 for a roll that barely did all of my trunk, except for the lid. made a difference but the aread that need it most in my car are the doors and roof. get new seals for all your doors and windows too, this would help a lot.

Archived