Nate's 91 Civic Hatch

CleanGSR

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I sell them for the Tein springs then I'll probably ask $550-600 shipped/paypalled. They're about 4 months old and sell for $750 + Shipping last I checked.

I've gotten an offer an a pretty dang clean Toyota Camry, fully loaded with cold a/c and a nice stereo plus $500 cash for my car. I'm actually considering this one as it is the exact type of car that I need and camry's seem to go forever.

Nate, it's great that you are thinking of fixing your suspension :) If that's what's not good with your car, then fix that! Much cheaper and easier fix than getting a car and having to fix that car up...

:)

You have the apex ones right?

Yeah, I have the PIC Apex's...P1's I believe. 8kf/6kr rates.

Nate, it's great that you are thinking of fixing your suspension :) If that's what's not good with your car, then fix that! Much cheaper and easier fix than getting a car and having to fix that car up...

:)

Not really. This guy with the camry has done a good bit of maintenance and said he'd get the timing belt and water pump replaced as well as changing to oil pan gasket to see if it fixes the leak. And...he's gonna give me another $500....and for what it's worth, book value on his car is quite a bit more than book value on mine. There shouldn't be anything that I would need to do to the camry to "fix it up" whereas my car needs either a new axle or new axle seal (not sure which) new front rotors pads (warped slightly), new tires in probably the next 6 months.... so my car isn't without it's financial needs either.

Also, I'll be gaining a car that has nice cold a/c, power steering, 4 doors, power windows and locks as well and the a/c could prove useful when it hits 100 a lot this summer.

On the flip side....I am considering trading a car with 52,000 miles for one with 170,000 miles. That bothers me some, but on the other hand toyotas go forever.

your coils can fit an integra..

keep em.

just use EF forks.

I have no idea what you are trying to say here....but I don't like my coilovers...so I can't think of any reason I'd want to keep them to use on another car.

I'm just wondering why you suddenly want to trade/sell/buy again? Is this out of sheer boredom?

IMO you have a car that's in better condition than most newer cars out there, with less miles, and it cost you next to nothing. If you kept that Civic, you could make it last for another 20 years. Give it to Brandon on his 16th birthday lol. In the meantime, you could actually save your money, and buy something you actually want in the future. That's just what I would do though.

I'm just wondering why you suddenly want to trade/sell/buy again? Is this out of sheer boredom?

IMO you have a car that's in better condition than most newer cars out there, with less miles, and it cost you next to nothing. If you kept that Civic, you could make it last for another 20 years. Give it to Brandon on his 16th birthday lol. In the meantime, you could actually save your money, and buy something you actually want in the future. That's just what I would do though.

Honestly. I think 80% of my reasons is the horrible riding suspension (which I can fix for cheap) 10% is fear for living through a hot summer with no a/c and vinyl interior, and 10% is the fact that we are going to try for another kid in august and loading 2 kids into the civic will be a pain.

The guy with the Integra came back (after realizing the mileage on my car) and said that he's interested. I however am having second thoughts now because of the amount of savings we'll have to tap into. We struggled through credit card debt for years and are home free for about 5 months now and have built up about 2500 into savings. It will take 1000 of that to get the teg (4 doors with a/c, etc..). I hate to blow that much of our savings. Plus, my wife has a 4 door that can be the main car so.....anyway.

Also our 52" TV in the living room has been having some problems and might need replacing soon so that will be at least $800 to replace. Don't want to do that with only 1500 in savings cause that will only leave 700 bucks which is not enough to be comfortable with a son, future pregnant wife, and a house (especially a house that can always have a problem come up).

Can you tell that I like to reason out any big decisions about 100 times before actually making a decision.

invest in some birth control too, risky having another kid if ur worried about your finances

Wow.....people either suck at reading or suck at comprehending. Worried about finances? I am far from worrying about financing. I already stated that we have $2500 in our savings account. I'm trying to decide if the advantages of the integra are worth using 1000 of savings leaving us still a decent 1500. The mere fact that we have 2500 in savings to consider this option proves that we aren't "worried about our finances".

I seriously don't see what our having another kid has to do with this at all. I'd like to have 3-4 kids when it's all said and done and my wife will be teaching which will be another $30,000 yearly income at that point. Not to mention that we are putting $200-400 in savings each month on one income as it is and both cars are paid off and our only debt is a mortgage. Again....I'm not sure why I'm even having to explain this in here. It isn't about us being able to afford something or not afford it.....it's a question of if the pros outweigh the cons. I am still undecided as to whether they do or not.

I am so confused as to your completely in-appropriate statement. We are financially great right now and have been married for 5 years with one kid and wanting to have more. Telling us to invest into birth control...? Thanks for the insightful tips. :(

Wow.....people either suck at reading or suck at comprehending. Worried about finances? I am far from worrying about financing. I already stated that we have $2500 in our savings account. I'm trying to decide if the advantages of the integra are worth using 1000 of savings leaving us still a decent 1500. The mere fact that we have 2500 in savings to consider this option proves that we aren't "worried about our finances".

I seriously don't see what our having another kid has to do with this at all. I'd like to have 3-4 kids when it's all said and done and my wife will be teaching which will be another $30,000 yearly income at that point. Not to mention that we are putting $200-400 in savings each month on one income as it is and both cars are paid off and our only debt is a mortgage. Again....I'm not sure why I'm even having to explain this in here. It isn't about us being able to afford something or not afford it.....it's a question of if the pros outweigh the cons. I am still undecided as to whether they do or not.

I am so confused as to your completely in-appropriate statement. We are financially great right now and have been married for 5 years with one kid and wanting to have more. Telling us to invest into birth control...? Thanks for the insightful tips. :(

sry dude i really didn't mean for it to come across like that and after reading it from your perspective i feel like a douche and i'm really sorry.

i guess we have different ideas of what financially secure is. i had over a grand saved just 2 weeks ago and after some transmission trouble i'm down to $200. when i broke my leg playing soccer i remember seeing the bill, just for them to take me into the emergency room to look at me was like $800. we had insurance but we still had a co-pay, which was over $2k just for that one day. i don't want to have a kid until i'm sure that i can take care of something like that without breaking a sweat. i don't know exactly how much it costs to have a kid, but i know that your chances of something big happening increase greatly, and i want to make sure that i don't have to worry about not having enough money to take care of the kid. i'm not saying that you can't, but i want to play is as safe as possible. my soon to be wife is already on birth control (partly for relieving menstrual symptoms) and also to get used to it know so that she can get used to the side effects, so since you had brought up that you had another kid on the way and you didn't want to use up any more money on a car i thought that you were a little worried about money, but i am mistaken and again i apologize. what i should have said was maybe you should stick with teh car you have, make it more comfortable, and save the rest of your money for your kids in case something comes up, cuz something always does.

Yeah, I'm leaning toward keeping the car. We've worked hard to get in as good a financial situation as we are now and I don't want to take any chances on losing that. Plus, I look at the savings account as "emergency" money and getting this integra is not exactly an emergency as much as a convenience.

Archived