Nate's 91 Civic Hatch

CleanGSR

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm keepin the civic. Can't justify spending the grand when this car meets my needs pretty dang well. Summer will suck with no a/c and vinyl interior, but on really hot days I can take my wife's car since she's a teacher and will be off this summer.

I ordered some Tein S-tech's today so look for my PIC's to be for sale in the next couple of weeks. It will sit a little higher than now, but it will ride so much better that I don't care.

Billy, since these are only 4 months old, I'll probably try to sell them for $600 shipped and paypaled. They are running $792 new on PIC's site plus shipping so that's well over a $200 break from new.

why are they so cheap? i was under the impression PICs were top shelf.

but they're even less than D2s and Ksports.

why are they so cheap? i was under the impression PICs were top shelf.

but they're even less than D2s and Ksports.

They're not less than Ksports. The Apex are the non-damper adjustable (height only) coilovers. The Ksport version of those is closer to $600 new and come with a near garuntee of one blown shock within a week (from everybody I've talked to that's ran them at least).

PIC Selects are height and damper adjustable and run 1100-1200 for a set.

Oh, and PIC's are top shelf stuff.....they just don't charge top shelf prices.

Okay. I got the S-tech's on tonight.....and the stock steelies. Figured while I'd just leave the wheels off so I can refinish them without a rush. I got all the stuff (aircraft stripper, self etching primer, etc...) to do them...might start tomorrow if the rain holds off.

S-tech's ride SOOOOO nice. Very nice to have a comfy suspension again....although my alginment is crazy whacked out now....pulls hard to the right....gonna wait about a week for the springs to settle before aligning again. Ride height is obviously higher than before, but it's not bad. I think I'll be happy with the ride height....pictures will come once I get the wheels done and back on.

PIC's are going up for sale as soon as I have time to clean them up and snap some pictures.

Archived