Preston's Del Sol Process Thread

tallhamer88

Well goodluck. Must be hard having to put so much towards just getting your baby back to how she was originally. I'd probably cry if someone hit me lol.

Especially considering it's sitting in a driveway behind a rather large trailer.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yah but im gettin my exterior done how i want it. so then its just interior work and engine work(maybe b16 swap) and 5spd tranny but that will be a few years unless i hit the lottery.:)borednig012.jpg hopefully have that all painted milano red and my radiator fan and crap installed by this weekend

Thats what I'm rolling with. I kind of made the jump over the weekend when talking to my friends. z6's are nice for a d-series but its hard to not be happy with the performance stock or upgraded of a nice b-series.

well it took longer to get my parts.. i got them all today. so i got up with my boy scott and was like got the crap lets roll on it he said i can bank on his weekend so well see. i really hope so. so then i can get it done soon! im thinking august now. but no later then september i hope.

well it took longer to get my parts.. i got them all today. so i got up with my boy scott and was like got the crap lets roll on it he said i can bank on his weekend so well see. i really hope so. so then i can get it done soon! im thinking august now. but no later then september i hope.

are you waiting for parts? whats taking so long?

I miss the days of buying del sol parts... They are so cheap :(

ya ya go enjoy your awd and gobs o torque

Its the guy who is helping me he is busy as hell i cant complain cause hes done most the work on my car with my help for free. All left i gotta buy is my spoiler, and my paint and clear.and whatever lil things we come across while doing the car.

smooth up some welds on the left and right panel set. and prim them. Prefitted the radiator today. Napa gave me the wrong damn electric fan. Hopefully Painting the front end 2marrow.

• 4 weeks later...

well i have not been on here in a while. i dont have a computer anymore mine finally bit the dust. im to too busy saving to finish my car, and having issues with my other car.

yesterday my water pump went on the saturn so i fixed that more money lol soon as its sold i am buying another del sol to be my daily driver. 95 si with 107k miles on brand new clutch maybe 15 miles on it. lol cold air intake, nology hot wires, slotted and cross drilled rotors and a set of wheels. getting a good deal on it. Its in great cond. no rust. and it also has a wing west 3 peice wing

but bak to my sol. i had a guy come out 2 day to give me a estiment on how much to finish it i am looking at $2400. I still have to buy my spoiler which will run me i $433.03 shipped. i need to get me a intake due to the fact i broke my stock one. im goin to be hurting for money even tho i already am. just spent 600 in books for skool in the fall. The guy told me he can have my car done in a month and will need a grand down to get started.

Ouch dude! Those are some pretty nasty price tags. I'd just say you'll have to prioritize your expenses... or get really used to ramen. :laugh:

SATURN IS SOLD! Picking the del sol up thursday night. Will detail it up friday and post pix friday. Now the process on this sol. lol. nothings changed im in need for a relaible car so im also taking some of that to buy this other sol. My friend scott who been helping me said september he promises to get on my sol and finish it. so well see.

• 1 month later...

I can't wait to see it finished, keep the pics coming! It's been a great build so far! I've been looking for another Honda as my project to fully build since the sol is my DD. This build makes me want a Sol for that build :thumbsup: . Props on all your work, it's hard to keep the end in sight when you can't even take it around the block. Keep it up!

Had to throw this out. Idk why anybody would cut the screws for the rotors? There's a tool known as an impact driver. It resembles a screwdriver, and you hit it with a hammer to shock the screws. They come out very easily after this, used it to replace rear rotors on mine.

haha sorry airjordan. when you gonna get pics of the paint color up? im curious to see the green u said u were lookin out. i gotta admit, all of the sol threads that iv seen just makes me want one even more 8) . too bad im broke 2 :(

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BUMPY BUMP BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Bring my thread back to life:)

Finally got back on my car 2nite:)

Painted the front end metals

Installed radiator and electric fan

Painted underside of the hood since vis hoods are not full carbon fiber anymore:(

started modification of the front bumper to fit without the bumper support

Now the pictures

solprogress031.jpg

solprogress033.jpg

solprogress035.jpg

solprogress037.jpg

solprogress039.jpg

solprogress040.jpg

solprogress041.jpg

solprogress042.jpg

solprogress044.jpg

solprogress023.jpg

solprogress027.jpg

i almost paid 87 bucks for a pint for r-81. with my works discount i got it for 60. Going to get my valve cover powder coated, and install my intake. i also need a overfill cover and tube still. then it be next mold passenger side skirt, mold front bumper. then hopefully i have some money saved up. but im also paying my parents off the money i owe them. so hopefully i get my spoiler paint and clear and then it be done. then imma work on a 5speed swap, and either a b16 or b18 engine swap.

List of what i still need to buy: needs and wants lol

Aem Cai

Dc Sport 4-2-1 header

All around new Calipers

Slotted Rotors

All around new brake pads

Various Interior/ exterior parts like windshield fluid squirters

Sebon rear carbon fiber wing

New tail Lights

Omni power cambers

Kyb agx shock and strut set

change oil and oil filter/ and get tranny serviced

thats all i have came up so far. more to come

solprogress001.jpg

solprogress002.jpg

solprogress005.jpg

solprogress007.jpg

solprogress009.jpg

solprogress008.jpg

solprogress011.jpg

solprogress012.jpg

solprogress014.jpg

solprogress015.jpg

So you painted underside of CF hood? You painting other side too?

leaving the other side cf but it will have flake in it like shown in the first picture like i did on the strip on carbon fiber that was on the underside.

the edges are cf the underside of the hood wasnt. it was just grey and didnt look good. when the hood is on the car u cant even tell the underside of the hood is red. that pix is just from what angle i was at and i was shooting for that kind of view.

Archived