Preston's Del Sol Process Thread

tallhamer88

nope. he works during the week. sometimes we will work on the car one day a week or none or maybe more. lol i do what i can get done but im not payn the guy jack crap and he already bought me 300 dollars worth of tools like a heat gun and a dl. and said i dont oh him crap. lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

umm.. well the guys dad messed his harley up well a tiny scratch u could not see cuz the swing arm covered it. So that thing has been kicking his ass to get the paint to match and crap. So when he is over here he is messing with that. thank god its done. Hopefully we can get bak on my car this saturday. Ive done lil craps why he has not been teachin me and we been working on it. such as striped the back interior. To get the plastic peice that go around the 3rd break light off. still havent got them off still stuck.lol I have welded the wholes for where my spoiler was. Going to weld the trunk holes from the honda symbol prolly 2marrow day. But crap other then that there has not been much work done to my car. :(

You know getting the plastic vinyl peice off that go around the back of the car and around the 3rd break light. Order my headlights and fog lights last night. I gotta see how much its going to cost to fix my saturn. And run it through exspection then i can start saving up on my new wing.

I dont see this plastic piece you're referring to. I know what piece you're talking about but I'm not familiar with the sols and I dont see it there.

In my 01 Civic, I had to take all of the plastic pieces around it out first because the rear one was partially underneath the side rear window ones.

Stuffduh004.jpg

its the exterior plastic if you mlook my the rear of my sol to the rear of daves. the plastic exterior trim. i cant figure out how to get off immma try and figure it out again this weekend.

here ya go to show u wat im talking about i see that i think somehow it unhooks the middle up ones u unhook everything should pop off but the sides there nothing holding them i can see so do they just come off with like the clips that some of the interior is held onto.here a pix of what i mean heres what im trying to get off and i kinda circled it to show u. I can use the best help ha.

sHOW.jpg

oh and i took some pix of my lowering springs for my car i had on the computer for a while i came across these as i was lookn for a way to demostrate u guys what i mean. Hopefully will be installed this weekend. As soon as my car is back on the road im work at getting cambers ingall cambers all around.

new004.jpg

new005.jpg

new006.jpg

well it now looks like i need front and back lower control arms. I can use anyhelp out here. here are some new pix. you may have seen these pix in another thread.

April30th3008002.jpg

April30th3008003.jpg

April30th3008004.jpg

April30th3008005.jpg

April30th3008006.jpg

April30th3008007.jpg

here are my new headlights still waiting for my new fogs.

April30th3008009.jpg

April30th3008012.jpg

April30th3008013.jpg

im buying skunk 2 lower control arms 2marrow avenue imparts a place where i live siad they can have them next day. So im happy:) ill order then from them 2marrow and have them by friday and have my car sittin on low friday night and hopefully half way primerd up by saturday. yah i think im hoping 2 much but you never kno

i like the ambers. not to make more work for you, but how are all the bushings looking? since you are replacing the control arms you may want to do the bushings at the same time since you will have it all apart anyway.

you might also want to think of cleaning all the wheel wells and suspension parts, even underneath the car, and spray it with some black paint or some sort of undercoating

the ones on the sol are pretty easy. i got my brembo ones for 100 shipped i think. a lot of people have problems with some of the screws though, so you might need an impact gun or torch to loosen them up.

i have some brembo pads that i think will fit your sol if you're interested later on

the ones on the sol are pretty easy. i got my brembo ones for 100 shipped i think. a lot of people have problems with some of the screws though, so you might need an impact gun or torch to loosen them up.

i have some brembo pads that i think will fit your sol if you're interested later on

you think.why arnt they on yours.. also i got a bad ass impact gun lol. piad a good amount for it. well my dad did not me ha

Archived