Preston's Del Sol Process Thread

tallhamer88

Well crap heres a story..

Okay well as you all know i been working on my car for for almost a year actually i wrecked this car on december 5th of last year almost a year.During the time i been waiting for parts and didnt touch it for 3months.during the summer or start on it till like march. Me and my friend scott have been working on it he has taught me so much. But sadley he is not finishing my car. Scott is having trouble with keeping a job due to the economy he has got offered a job doing body work over in CA for high in cars. i told him dont worry about me to go ahead and go mean while scott drinks about 2 30 packs of beer a day. Yess he is a alcoholic. He got told 3 days ago by his doctor he has 6months to live if he dont quit drinking.So now he is going away for a while to alchol consoling to try to dry up his body. I had a guy look at my car around july about finishing it before. Everett Body and Paint. I have seen everett work and its great. A plus if i must say myself. He qouted me 2200 before that when the car was only one side was molded rear bumper was molded and what not. now that both sides are molded and driver side has a ruff prime on it and front end it painting im thinkin around 1700ish. i told him im not looking at sprayn the car till around march. he told me when he looked at the car b4 he can have it done in a month. so im thinkn by march i can have the money to pay hima nd the money for my spoiler. He has also agreed to let me come over and give him a hand and learn some more. The guy all together seems pretty cool. So before next show season my car will be done.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well crap heres a story..

Okay well as you all know i been working on my car for for almost a year actually i wrecked this car on december 5th of last year almost a year.During the time i been waiting for parts and didnt touch it for 3months.during the summer or start on it till like march. Me and my friend scott have been working on it he has taught me so much. But sadley he is not finishing my car. Scott is having trouble with keeping a job due to the economy he has got offered a job doing body work over in CA for high in cars. i told him dont worry about me to go ahead and go mean while scott drinks about 2 30 packs of beer a day.

And I thought I was an alcoholic. omg But glad he was able to find a job and begin to clean himself up.

Good luck with the paint and hope she comes back shining. That is quite a while for a car to be left to sit.

So, you're going to pay someone $1700 just for the supplies and labor to spray the car? No deal.

well i was goin to pay a grand in paint and clear coat. and im giving him my supplies so really he is only makingh like 700 dollars extra. but imma wait till he does come out to my house

Waiting for the insurance check and im going to start getting the sol back on the road. As you guys all know now imma need to get it done so i can drive it everyday. But meanwhile imma be looking for a good runing small pickup or honda to make my dd. With whatever money i got saved up and left over from finishing the sol.

Left to do

-Finish passenger side skirt.

-Ruff prime passenger side skirt

-Weld trunk holes shut from honda emblem

-Finish Modiflying front bumper to fit over crash bar

-Mold front bumper

-Custom mount aux lights to fit front bumper

-Ruff prime front and rear bumpers

-Fix bad spots in car that our visable from the ruff prime

-Drill holes for spoiler

-Primer whole car

-Install new Sway bar link(thanks pearce)

-Paint Car Milano Red W/ red flake

-Paint slots in rear bumper black

-Re clear carbon fiber hood and spoiler also add red flake

-Install new tail lights

-Bolt Wing on

-Really clean up engine and interior

-Complain about the auto tranny

-Powder coat valve cover(black with red flake)

-Install CAI

-Install Dc sport 4-2-1 Header

-Powdercoat various engine parts

-Change Oil

-Change Spark plug wires and plugs

-Change brake pads with hawk pads

-Change rotors to slotted rotors

-Check brake lines and brake fluid possible change

-Have auto tranny serviced

-Really detail car

-Post pictures for Hondaforum guys

-Get ready for show season.

First show will be Tuner wars in Harrisburg Pa Which is sometime in febuary

Got to thinking 2nite added up all my receipts for the car:

Total spent so far

Majestic Honda-$432.33

Vis Racing-$1,330

Auto body supply(fenders)-$360

Kunkel Service store(Paint supplies store)-$720.65

Napa Auto parts(rad,hose,fan)- 219.12

Grand total= 3053.1

That how much i got into so far in just rebuilding it.

that is not counting items on car before. Or the grand i spent on a welder, and the like 400 i spent on a heat gun from mac tools.

I will redo all this at the end of the car when its back on the road including paint, clear, spoiler, new tails, and other stuff that comes along the way.

Great God almighty.

I'll have my F150 the way I want it before you're done with your Del Sol and I haven't even had it nearly as long as you have had your sol.

Great God almighty.

I'll have my F150 the way I want it before you're done with your Del Sol and I haven't even had it nearly as long as you have had your sol.

Got very busy this summer. My car will be done in 2 months hopefully if everything goes right.

The bad thing is you're working on something, that if it's exposed to a speedbump; will pay hell.

Speed bumps in delaware i should be alright i been in a lowered del sol ( same springs and drop i got) with a body kit and we rolled right over speed bumps fine. but yah there is not alot of them in de thank god.

Hopefully you don't plan any outta' town trips.

What size rims will you be rolling on?

17inch staying with the wheels that on are on the car for now. eventually there is a set of wheels i love to have but i think they either be really heavy(pointless) or cant get in 4 lug.

Cleaned the garage up some. Picked up the scatterd tools Started looking at what a job its going to be to clean my interior and so on

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

006.jpg

008-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

I honestly cant wait till im done with this car, Imma need to detail this mo fo thats for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the last thing i did to my sol today i fiberglassed the holds for the aux lights since they are ment to fit and connect to a oem bumper. Along with i put my euro tails in to take a pix to try to sell them. But other then that. Got my tools out of it. And cleaned up all the parts and separated some of the stuff for what goes to what. One month he said to have it painted and finished then it be cleaning really for me. Interior, engine, and trunk. Along with hooking my sub back up. And adding brembo slotted rotors, and new calipers and brake lines. And a really good tune up and tranny serviced.

get-attachmentaspx.jpg

dude.jpg

Archived