Preston's Del Sol Process Thread

tallhamer88

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First show will be Tuner wars in Harrisburg Pa Which is sometime in febuary

ill be there for that. Ive been going to motorama since i was 4. raced motocross in it to awhile ago. Let me know for sure if you are cause ill def. look for your sol.

ill be there for that. Ive been going to motorama since i was 4. raced motocross in it to awhile ago. Let me know for sure if you are cause ill def. look for your sol.

as it looks now i may or may not all depends on when i get my car back if i get time to clean it and do the brakes, tranny work and so on. But idk i dont see it.

• 1 month later...

Wow. i forgot about this jk. Imma update it for those who are interested in reading the process my car went throught.

Going Thursday to re title the car and inspect it.

Here is the list i had to put together on what went on with my car for retitling reasons

Reconstruction Parts list And Repairs

1995 Honda Civic Del Sol SI

Replaced:

• Panel Set, Right. FR.

• Member Set, FR.

• Crossmember SET, FR.

• Panel Set, Left. Fr.

• Stay, BHD CTR

• Plate, Crossmember

• Hood

• Hood Cushions

• Hood Latch Lock ASSY.

• Hood Latch Cable/Wire

• Front Bumper

• Driver Side Fender

• Passenger Fender

• Upper and Lower Radiator Hose

• Hose Clamps

• Fan Blade

• Radiator

• Fasteners

• Weather stripping around Pillars

• Left and Right Nozzles

• Hoses to windshield washers

• Various Windshield washer clips

• Battery

• Rotors(4)

• Brake pads(4)

• Rear Calipers (Left and Right Side)

• Headlights

• Aux Lights

• Over Flow Tank Lid

• Overflow Tank Hose

Added:

• Fiberglass Side Skirts Covers

• Aftermarket Rear Bumper

• Front Bumper Add On

• Cold Air Intake System

• Nology Hot Wires

• Wing

Then the thursday after i got it back. I changed out the brake master cyclinder. wax my wheels, and changed my oil, spark plugs, and wires. Also detail my engine bay

004.jpg

008.jpg

010.jpg

032.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

Then i took a few Pix of it After wards all cleaned up

022.jpg

017.jpg

016.jpg

014.jpg

013.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

Then this past weekend i installed stock tail lights. fixed my door checkers, and cleaned out my interior

003-5.jpg

010-4.jpg

006-5.jpg

007-4.jpg

016-2.jpg

024-1.jpg

025-1.jpg

Im going to be shampooing my seats here soon.

Future plans

5 speed swap

Boost the d

Finish Suspension work

Custom fiberglass interior work and carbon fiber interior overlay

get seats redone or new ones and lay new carpet.

So check for more work on my build thread.

nah i liked how i went threw inspecton today and they didnt say one word about anything being illegal or me having to stick crap on it like reflectors for that stuff. Im lazy.

Plus its very hard to mold over plastic with fiberglass to make it look right

nah i liked how i went threw inspecton today and they didnt say one word about anything being illegal or me having to stick crap on it like reflectors for that stuff. Im lazy.

Plus its very hard to mold over plastic with fiberglass to make it look right

that's why you cut up an old bumper and just melt the 2 pieces together. :)

i really like your car all except the spoiler it fits your car well dont get me wrong. but i think fins and such make the del sol awkward looking. keep on posting pics tho i wanna see more. hopefully this time next year i will have the motor done and start on the cosmetics

i really like your car all except the spoiler it fits your car well dont get me wrong. but i think fins and such make the del sol awkward looking. keep on posting pics tho i wanna see more. hopefully this time next year i will have the motor done and start on the cosmetics

Seems like there are two types of people when it comes to Del Sol's and wings, some think they look better with, some think they look better without. Personally, I think the fin balances it out a bit when you're looking at it from the side. Granted, I also greatly prefer the stock wing over just about anything else out there. Preston's wing is the only one I think even comes close. You're obviously of the opposite persuasion, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's all a matter of opinion.

Archived