Preston's Del Sol Process Thread

tallhamer88

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i will have a pix 2marrow of them. I would love to have them but after looking at my funding i still got two grand or more to put in my car ebfore its on the road and the old man is pissing a mood because im dropping it.lol

• 3 weeks later...

well from what he told me u work back to front when kitting a car i forget the reason lol.. front hopefully soon we were suppose to work on it 2day but idk what happend to him lol. that is just the pre fitments lol the front is the techno r front or type m or mugen whatever u wanna call it haha

april0508008.jpg

april0508007.jpg

april0508006.jpg

april0508005.jpg

here my list i been slowly working down and knocking out i figure i would share it with u

here my list..

Exterior

-Vis Racing Techno R Front Bumper-Got it

-Vis Racing Techno R Sides Skirts- Got it-Installed

-Vis Racing TSC Rear Bumper- Got it-Installed

-Vis Racing Oem style Carbon Fiber Hood- Got it-Installed

-Oem Style Fenders-Got It-Installed

-Seibon carbon fiber low pro wing

-Spyder Auto Headlights - Crystal-1pc

Engine Wise

-AEM Cold Air Intakes- Silver

-Nology Spark Plug Wires - Red

-HKS Spark Plugs - Iridium Heat Range: 6

-Stock Fan-Got It

-OEM Radiator- Got it

-Greddy Radiators - Sport Radiator Hose

-Skunk2 Battery Tie Down - Aluminum

-Mugen Oil Caps - Aluminum

-Greddy Radiator Caps Type N (1.3kg/cm2)

-Powdercoat Valve Cover-Black- Roshique?

-Paint Header Manifold Cover-Silver

-Member set fr- Got it-Installed

-Panel set r. fr-Got it-Installed

-Panel set L.fr-Got it-Installed

-Crossmember set fr-Got it- Installed

-Plate, crossmember- Got it- Installed

-Stay, bh ctr- Got it- Installed

Suspension

-Roadmagnet Drop springs 2"-Got It

-Ingalls front and rear Cambers

-DC Strut Bars - Front Upper Sports

-DC Sports Strut Bars - Rear Upper

-Skunk2 Sway Bars

-Skunk2 Arm Bars - Rear Lower Arm Bar (Clear Anodized)

-DC Sports Tie Bars - Rear Lower

no they dont have to be molded to fit on. if you can do it right, it looks really good when molded, but then you also have to worry about cracking because of the fiberglass/metal flexing at different rates

yah but i mean this guy knows what he is doing building custom cars is what he does for a living so im sure if my crap starts to crack by it flexing he will fix it or repaint the whole car i mean he is the one who is sponsoring me

yah i spent 350 today in sand paper bondo and the works it would of been alot more if it wasnt for his kick ass discount. still gotta buy paint and clear coats and what not but im back to saving up for my seibon carbon fiber wing lol

thats what i said my dad was just telling me the mix of it. he was the one who paid for it i owe my dad the money lol. im pretty sure i will get the reciet to add to my pile of reciets lol i kno reciet is spelled wrong lol

I'm in the process of the same thing I feel your pain. Luckily yours looks like a higher hit then mine doesn't take much to repair these del sols. I'm kind of curious how the body kit fits I have my body kit in route and have been told they fit like crap? Keep me posted Good luck in your rebuild send us pictures when your done.

I'm in the process of the same thing I feel your pain. Luckily yours looks like a higher hit then mine doesn't take much to repair these del sols. I'm kind of curious how the body kit fits I have my body kit in route and have been told they fit like crap? Keep me posted Good luck in your rebuild send us pictures when your done.

most of them do fit like crap unless you buy legit stuff. i have a kaminari rear and it bolted up perfectly, the front i had to mess around with a little

yah kaminari bolts up and fits nice and has under supports and so on. my kit dont have under supports so thats why we got to mold the rear cuz if not it will twist and can cause my paint to start to spider. Yah well my kit fits real nice around the back bumper support and the foam but on the sides we had to use a heat gun to bend them in. cuz they stuck out of the side like hell

yah kaminari bolts up and fits nice and has under supports and so on. my kit dont have under supports so thats why we got to mold the rear cuz if not it will twist and can cause my paint to start to spider. Yah well my kit fits real nice around the back bumper support and the foam but on the sides we had to use a heat gun to bend them in. cuz they stuck out of the side like hell

wait youre molding in your rear bumper?

Archived