Rant Thread

SpeedDemon

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so i lost my oil cap somewhere between home and school

had to clean car again

why the hell are nice oil caps expensive... its a f'in cap

im about to buy an 'i love JDM' oil cap so i can laugh my ass off every time i pop my hood

I have been ranting in the health care thread, but I thought I should do one here.

Why did the previous adminstration open the flood gates to all businesses to move all of their production to foreign soil? Why did they enact laws that all them to have shell companies in countries where the US can not reap taxes from them?

And why with all this healthcare crap going on, is no one talking about the real problem in this country? The problem is with each passing day, US companies are searching the world to find the cheapest labor possible. The boarders where opened up a crack with NAFTA which allowed production centers to be moved to both Canada and Mexico.

That was ok, because most companies realized that moving to Mexico and setting up their production down there was cheaper in labor, but the initial investment was too great.

The issue was made bigger when the last president and congress made laws that allowed companies to move as they please and lowered the tariffs on imports, opening up the entire world to be explotited.

Why wasn't the first act by our current president to repeal these laws or enact a huge tariffs on items sent in to the US from these centers. If the company saw that the costs were identical to build their product here versus in Asia, they would move the production lines back, because the quality would improve from 70% yields to 98% yields in this country, thus making doing business in Asia more expensive.......

so i lost my oil cap somewhere between home and school

had to clean car again

why the hell are nice oil caps expensive... its a f'in cap

im about to buy an 'i love JDM' oil cap so i can laugh my ass off every time i pop my hood

The stock plastic one isn't expensive. It's what I have. I went from an aluminum one. I think it looks better, more sleepy.

I have been ranting in the health care thread, but I thought I should do one here.

Why did the previous adminstration open the flood gates to all businesses to move all of their production to foreign soil? Why did they enact laws that all them to have shell companies in countries where the US can not reap taxes from them?

Way back in the day, after WW2 and before the onset of the cold war, the US government initiated a sly operation to affect our way of life upon the rest of the world to undercut Communist Russian influences. Without informing the general public congress enacted legislation in the tax code which would allow US based companies to open facilities on foreign soil and forgo all taxes on profits gleaned from the operations that took place oversea. Since many of the countries in question had weak governments or governments that bowed and scraped to the US these companies paid very little in local taxes either. The net result was an explosive increase in US industry on foreign soil in an effort to bend the thought process and way of life to that of a capitalist republic.

If Al Queda is any indication: we were extremely successful, so much so that there was a backlash against the results of our influence being pushed on their homelands so strongly.

i just dont like the cheap pos one.. but i dont want a chrome or blue or red pos either lol

Bro, it's Honda OEM. :crazy: I've had it on my H22 now for years with absolutely no problems. I'm sure it's good enough for Sweetie's Sol too.

I did not just spend a long time making my engine bay pretty for a stock off black cap to stand out like a sore thumb

and it stands out sooo much

Your right, if you have made your engine a masterpiece, don't mess it up. Make it pretty

Bro, it's Honda OEM. :crazy: I've had it on my H22 now for years with absolutely no problems. I'm sure it's good enough for Sweetie's Sol too.

Dude is that your car in the pic? That is pretty sweet........

I did not just spend a long time making my engine bay pretty for a stock off black cap to stand out like a sore thumb

and it stands out sooo much

Well your theme is different from mine I guess. I was trying to make the engine bay look as natural as I could.

4045161049_b24599bcde_o.jpg

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE working in a restaurant. REALLY REALLY HATE IT. I'm trying to figure out when I can go home before I even start my shift thats how much i hate it. And it's not that I'm not good at it- I've been hostessing for 2 days and I did more work tonight than the other girl who's been working there for much MUCH longer than me- and I did a better job of it than she did. Hell, I've scored 100's on ALL of my tests so far. And the work's easy. But it's seriously the most degrading job I've ever had- and there's no way I can save enough money to cover my costs and move out on that income. I CAN NOT wait to find something else!!

Upside however, is that I sent my resume to a barn that was looking for staff on craigslist the other night and they left a message tonight saying they were "extremely eager to set up an interview at the earliest possible time" and that i had an extensive and impressive resume. The ad said they had both full & part time available Mon-Fri so maybe I can get a FT with them, and cut my hours at the restaurant to weekends only which would be MUCH better! Then I'd get to do something I LOVE (which will probably pay more too) and still get the income from the restaurant.

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE working in a restaurant. REALLY REALLY HATE IT. I'm trying to figure out when I can go home before I even start my shift thats how much i hate it. And it's not that I'm not good at it- I've been hostessing for 2 days and I did more work tonight than the other girl who's been working there for much MUCH longer than me- and I did a better job of it than she did. Hell, I've scored 100's on ALL of my tests so far. And the work's easy. But it's seriously the most degrading job I've ever had- and there's no way I can save enough money to cover my costs and move out on that income. I CAN NOT wait to find something else!!

Upside however, is that I sent my resume to a barn that was looking for staff on craigslist the other night and they left a message tonight saying they were "extremely eager to set up an interview at the earliest possible time" and that i had an extensive and impressive resume. The ad said they had both full & part time available Mon-Fri so maybe I can get a FT with them, and cut my hours at the restaurant to weekends only which would be MUCH better! Then I'd get to do something I LOVE (which will probably pay more too) and still get the income from the restaurant.

What tests??? Hostess tests?! lol wtf srsly?

What tests??? Hostess tests?! lol wtf srsly?

yep! hostess tests. I've been tested on Food, Beverages, Health & Safety, Responsible serving of Alcohol, Table Numbers & Sections, and Hostess guidelines (basically what we're supposed to do & say, and how to answer phones and take to-go orders).

Guys,

I have to make an apology. I have been posting bad things that I thought was funny. Lina is a friend and I was trying to pull an April Fools joke on her. Obviously, it was dumb and I have a stupid sense of humor. She ripped me a new one and I am sorry if I have offended you.......

Sorry...................

HOW DARE YOU!!! SHE'S A NICE LADY!!!

baby.jpg

I don't mean to be to forward, since I am new here. I have read a couple of your posts and I hope I can help. What kind of job skills do you have? I have a lot of connections in the mid/south atlantic area, maybe I could help?

Well your theme is different from mine I guess. I was trying to make the engine bay look as natural as I could.

4045161049_b24599bcde_o.jpg

i have the same strut tower bar as you lol. do want though

I have to ask, I have been all over TN, where is the blue hell is Murfree, TN?

youll know you get there when you see all the queers and gays

jk brian

i have the same strut tower bar as you lol. do want though

youll know you get there when you see all the queers and gays

jk brian

It's some no-name brand I believe. Same as my rear bar. The mounts for it are painted black now. The red was hideous.

Archived