Rant Thread

SpeedDemon

Dude. Simple solution to this is to just call in sick. When you see they changed the schedule you don't say anything about it. You call in about 2 hours before your supposed to be there and t ell them you are ill. I had to do it all the time at my last job. They had a tendency to do dumb sh*t like this all the time. I once got written up for missing a mandatory meeting that was scheduled during my week vacation when i was out of town. lulz.

cant. anytime we call in sick its an automatic write up until i get a doctors note. and that will cost me $35 at a minimum just for a co pay

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

new rant:

this toshiba laptop i have is junk. it is the Satellite M305D S4829. i bought it at circuit city a little over two years ago. paid 850 for it preloaded with vista. my extended 3 year warranty runs out this summer and low and behold the damn thing is still broken. it overheats after being used for an hour, the screen constantly flashes after being fixed once previously. and is slow as sh!t despite having 4GB of RAM.

so i call the company that is in charge of my 3 year warranty since circuit city went out of business. and the company tells me that i will have to send it in. well people are sendig their laptops in for the same reasons as mine and they are comingback in worse condition than before and taking 1-2 months to come back from the day it was received.

to make it even worse this laptop was discontinued for poor sales. so now im stuck with a $850 piece of sh!t that they refuse to refund. which is bs because i paid $385 for a FULL RETURNABLE warranty for 3 years coverage. and they refuse to honor it.

I WILL NEVER BUY A TOSHIBA LAPTOP AGAIN.

i wont use mac. i hate how their systems are set up and run. i will probably go back to a HP because they are becoming better and better. or just save and build a custom alien ware laptop

Oh god, HP support is terrible. I know, I am HP support. Don't fault Tocrapba for the warranty issues. That warranty was sold through a third party and the third party is responsible for all the repairs. Nothing to do with Toshiba at all once the initial 1yr ran out. The reason it sucks ballz is you bought it from a company that sucks ballz. Call them and raise complete hell, then ask for the manager, bitch some more, then ask for his supervisor. If you make their life miserable they will eventually replace your entire laptop.

Oh god, HP support is terrible. I know, I am HP support. Don't fault Tocrapba for the warranty issues. That warranty was sold through a third party and the third party is responsible for all the repairs. Nothing to do with Toshiba at all once the initial 1yr ran out. The reason it sucks ballz is you bought it from a company that sucks ballz. Call them and raise complete hell, then ask for the manager, bitch some more, then ask for his supervisor. If you make their life miserable they will eventually replace your entire laptop.

well there is the problem. we bought it at circuit city in Grove City. and they are out of business. so does anyone know of a place where circuit city is still in business?

Circuit city isn't who you need to call, you need to call the warranty service company. Circuit City sold your warranty to someone else as soon as you stepped foot outside their door.

that's why you buy a mac.

and never buy a HP either... i got rid of mine as soon as I could.

My thoughts exactly Saphy. Any Windows machine is prone to that. Hell just today i'm at my guard unit and the Dell monitor froze and had to be unplugged to work again. How does that happen?!

i wont use mac. i hate how their systems are set up and run. i will probably go back to a HP because they are becoming better and better. or just save and build a custom alien ware laptop

When I got my mac, it was weird for me too, learning something completely new. It's second nature now and ever so simple to use. I.E. Removing a program in Windows: Start button/control panel/programs/find the program/click uninstall, go through the uninstall wizard and hopefully it works, sometimes it doesn't (Norton). Removing a program in Mac OS X: click and drag the program icon to the trash can. LOL

I hate when regular HF users post random worthless spam posts all over and then whine when someone points it out. Nothing like bringing the whole place down to the maturity level of clubsi just because they want to insult some new people.

As for Macs: I hated them until I had to learn to repair them at work. Had been a PC guy for 15 years prior. After a couple months I broke down and bought one. Was only awkward for a week or two until I got the basics down. Now it's a piece of cake. It's frustrating to use a PC anymore as everything is SO tedious. I will admit, the mac is downright worthless for game selection though :(

i dont play games on my laptop. aside from solitaire and ebaumsworld. i want pure performance that will run fast. download fast, and have plenty of memory.

i hate macs because i cant ctl + v and stuff lol. so aggrevating

i dont play games on my laptop. aside from solitaire and ebaumsworld. i want pure performance that will run fast. download fast, and have plenty of memory.

It's command + v now dummy. Command + x for cutting, command + z for undo, etc. Just replace command for ctrl. There is a "control" key too, but just ignore that. As for the single mouse thing, on the laptops, it's two finger click for the right click and any PC mouse will work on a mac. My mouse is a bluetooth Microsoft laser mouse :laugh:

Don't take this wrong, you are a tool. :laugh: So windows uses ctl-v, ctl-c and ctl-x for cut copy and paste. You know Apple used com-v, com-c and com-x to do the same things right? It's the key right next to the ctl button.

Don't take this wrong, you are a tool. :laugh: So windows uses ctl-v, ctl-c and ctl-x for cut copy and paste. You know Apple used com-v, com-c and com-x to do the same things right? It's the key right next to the ctl button.

The thing that bugged me the most is the complete lack of cut feature on the desktop/file folders. I don't even really think about it now. With Exposé (the window manipulating feature), dragging and dropping files is soo easy and multi-tasking is a cinch. It's what macs were really designed around.

It's command + v now dummy. Command + x for cutting, command + z for undo, etc. Just replace command for ctrl. There is a "control" key too, but just ignore that. As for the single mouse thing, on the laptops, it's two finger click for the right click and any PC mouse will work on a mac. My mouse is a bluetooth Microsoft laser mouse :laugh:

i never used a mac enough to know that lol.

im the best tool out there man. cant replace me, one of a kind hahahaha. but like above i, i never used a mac enough to learn that.

i never used a mac enough to know that lol.

im the best tool out there man. cant replace me, one of a kind hahahaha. but like above i, i never used a mac enough to learn that.

You're like the tool people hardly ever use but when they do need it, they're glad it's there. hahaha

You're like the tool people hardly ever use but when they do need it, they're glad it's there. hahaha

exactly. like at work, im never really needed because people buy their own stuff without us having to "sell" it to them. but whenever any heavy lifting is needed..."DAVE!!!" rofl

well there is the problem. we bought it at circuit city in Grove City. and they are out of business. so does anyone know of a place where circuit city is still in business?

Circuit City went out of business because they went completely bankrupt. They no longer exist... just like Service Merchandise and Montgomery Ward. (does anyone remember those stores?) Tiger Direct/CompUSA bought out their webdomain, and HH Gregg has taken over most of the old Circuit City stores around my area and revamped them- I'm not sure if that's a national thing that they've done, or if it was just convenient for them around here.

i just found out how much it sucks working in maximum security settings at a gunpowder manufacturing and nitroglycerine plant. cant do a damn thing and cant have phones with cameras.

i just found out how much it sucks working in maximum security settings at a gunpowder manufacturing and nitroglycerine plant. cant do a damn thing and cant have phones with cameras.

Try working at a Gov agency.........

A little late to the party, but...

new rant:

this toshiba laptop i have is junk. it is the Satellite M305D S4829. i bought it at circuit city a little over two years ago. paid 850 for it preloaded with vista. my extended 3 year warranty runs out this summer and low and behold the damn thing is still broken. it overheats after being used for an hour, the screen constantly flashes after being fixed once previously. and is slow as sh!t despite having 4GB of RAM.

so i call the company that is in charge of my 3 year warranty since circuit city went out of business. and the company tells me that i will have to send it in. well people are sendig their laptops in for the same reasons as mine and they are comingback in worse condition than before and taking 1-2 months to come back from the day it was received.

to make it even worse this laptop was discontinued for poor sales. so now im stuck with a $850 piece of sh!t that they refuse to refund. which is bs because i paid $385 for a FULL RETURNABLE warranty for 3 years coverage. and they refuse to honor it.

I WILL NEVER BUY A TOSHIBA LAPTOP AGAIN.

I feel your pain. I bought a Toshiba P200 for $1300 after all kinds of rebates... would've been $1700 without... and it sucks. Similar overheating problems, largely due to the graphics card in my case, the hardware has compatibility issues up the wazoo... Anyway, yeah. Toshibas are largely crap. You can sometimes get lucky with a low end A-series... But apart from that..

HP's are towards the top of the current mainstream pc manufacturer... Alienware is just Dell's high-end stuff. If you want a bare bones pc, Lenovo is probably your best bet, and if your looking for gaming or multimedia power, you want an Asus. You can actually get a good gaming computer from Asus for under $1k. Granted, I want either their tablet or their super slim laptop... Both priced at $1200ish... And agreed on the Macintrash issue. *braces for flak* :p (Yes, I know Mac's are fairly reliable computers, and for some people they're great. For those of us who like compatibility and the ability to alter the OS to suite our tastes... They're just overpriced. And not as perfect as everyone seems to think, considering you can find plenty of magazines with "How to fix the top 5 issues in Mac OS X Parrotfish" or what have you)

Archived