Rant Thread

SpeedDemon

It has become so painstakingly clear to me that I'm screwed now. I used to roll in the money, now I'd kill to make even a fraction of what I was with Engineered Cooling.

Bastards.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has become so painstakingly clear to me that I'm screwed now. I used to roll in the money, now I'd kill to make even a fraction of what I was with Engineered Cooling.

Bastards.

cant u go back to it?

Guys, I have been reading your posts and I feel bad. I have been lucky in my life when it comes to education and employment, so even though I am new here, I would like to help. I have been working for a long time and made many friends in a lot of different places. If I can help you out of your bad situations, please ask. I can't guarantee anything, but at least I could try to give you a leg up.

How did your interview go?

not terrible. not as great as it could've... but given the fact that I haven't taught lessons in about 5 years, it could've been worse. They said they'll get back to me in a couple of days but they really liked the experience that I have and my ground work.

why is it you can be an alcoholic or have add/adhd and get disabiltity easier than someone who has a physical disability???

thats like my gf. she has adolescent seizures. her meds are 1200 a month. she works to help her parents pay for food. other than that her family has no income. her dad will now be getting 800 or so a month. so they are taking her medicare away. she wont have any way to pay for her medication. she applied for ss/disability and they deny her everytime. yet a crack addict can go in and get disability because they are deemed unable to work. its a bunch of sh1t. health care plan my ass

ill post this in the health care plan thread.

not terrible. not as great as it could've... but given the fact that I haven't taught lessons in about 5 years, it could've been worse. They said they'll get back to me in a couple of days but they really liked the experience that I have and my ground work.

Hopefully you just showed your personality, that is the most important part. Things can go wrong and maybe you are rusty, but personality always gets the job.

I wish you the best of luck. If it doesn't work out I will talk to some people for you if you like. It may not be the dream job, but who has their dream job in real life?

thats like my gf. she has adolescent seizures. her meds are 1200 a month. she works to help her parents pay for food. other than that her family has no income. her dad will now be getting 800 or so a month. so they are taking her medicare away. she wont have any way to pay for her medication. she applied for ss/disability and they deny her everytime. yet a crack addict can go in and get disability because they are deemed unable to work. its a bunch of sh1t. health care plan my ass

ill post this in the health care plan thread.

exactly. i tried applying for disability today because my arthritis and the lady was asking a crap ton of questions about me working and yada yada. apparently you have to be dead before you can get the crap.

cant u go back to it?

They shut down when state businesses and things of that nature decided to hire their own repairmen and maintenance men who are MUCH cheaper than we were.

They shut down when state businesses and things of that nature decided to hire their own repairmen and maintenance men who are MUCH cheaper than we were.

are you still doin hvac work? become a diesel mechanic. i knew a guy who was makin $18/hr and they were gonna send him to school to further his education in it and when he came back they were gonna up him to $25/hr

My past with education and school has not been good. I'm certified and degreed in more involving heating and air than I am throughout high-school or ANY kinda' college oriented schoolwork. I get by with common sense, that's about it.

Diesel mechanics aren't big around here. There are mobile diesel repair trucks but..they're paid dirt.

WISH I could get back into heating and air but it's not HOT HOT HOT outside yet so..no one is hiring.

Damn joining and paying a union just to travel. That's the only way you'll make money welding when you're living where I live. And I can't just sh*t money to move.

with all sincerity i really hope you find a job. i know this sounds dumb but maybe sell the truck and get a cheap beater car till things get better?

f this stupid program that crashes when im done with a problem

Dev C++ Portable. everytime i would compile a program it would either a) crash. b) freeze. or c) want me to pay for the real version which then caused it to do either a or b.

get a job welding.. if you dont mind traveling and working a lot you can make a good bit of money

when my girlfriends dad could still work before his quad bypass he used to be a trades man. he knew nearly everything. but specialized in welding. made $68 an hour. but had to hang off of a 18story scaffolding while doing said welding.

If I could sell this truck it'd be gone with the quickness.

But, 10 or less mpg isn't appealing, nor is the need for a paintjob on a black vehicle. Truck spent a majority of it's life near the coast -- and salt air has done a NUMBER on the paint.

Not to mention I'm somewhat lucky in how long they financed.. Was a little too high to buy for cash outright, it's served it's purpose to me well..

As a matter of fact it's got a bed load of cherry wood that'll be used to smoke our meat the next time we have a cookout..

Did you hear anything?

Archived