HF Summer Meet (Myrtle Beach: 7/25 -8/2)

90IntegraC1

According to the old thread, it was the 25th thru the 2nd. I'm not losing my mind yet. Also, the hotel I'm looking at is only 3 minutes away from Sea Cruz. No offense on the hotel choice, but I don't trust any business without a website. Also means they probably won't have internet there.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ true.. its already halfway through april

we need to figure out if everyone is goin to HIN cause i need to cancel my reservations now so they have time to book it with someone else and you guys need to call and change the check in date.. if your going

We've got 3 months, but yea, it's gonna go by fast.

The dates all depend when everyone plans on leaving. I've personally got like a 13 hour drive from CT but I'll probably be leaving from ME, which is like an 18 hour drive. Based on that, I'd probably leave like friday night and get there Saturday night anyways, so I'm probably going to have to pass on HIN anyways.

I requested time off from work July 22 - Aug 2. I'll be going up to Maine very early Tuesday (22) then leaving there that Friday evening (25). Get to MB Saturday afternoon/evening (26).

Let me know if anybody in the northeast wants to meet up to convoy during the course of that night.

i wish i knew if i was going

What are you waiting on dood? Get the time off and get your snowmobile butt buddies to come.

EDIT: Just found out Projekt Revolution 2008 featuring Linkin Park, Chris Cornell, The Bravery, Ashes Divide and many more! is in Charlotte, NC on July 30. Charlotte is about 3 hours from MB. Anybody interested in this?

go to the one in raleigh!!!!!! dammit. Raleigh's closer. It's only like... 2 hours from MB. haha. Charlotte's actually a lot further. It's a good 3 hours from Raleigh and I'm assuming the route you'd probably take is 40 to 85 to get there. And even if you drove from MB to Charlotte it'd take close to 5 hours. So why not just push the date up by a day to the 25th and hang out in raleigh for day & party around here that night. Plus, you'd have a personal tour guide for this place.

ps. charlotte's one to avoid. severely. if you don't know the city, don't even bother- you'll get lost as all hell and probably miss the show anyway. NOTHING is signposted there.

hmmm, like I said I probably wont get down there till the evening so what time is the concert at?

I haven't got a clue. the only band on that list that I'd want to see is Hawthorne Heights... and I'd only go to that if it were free.

It's just gonna be a timing issue that day for me, I dunno about others. Middle of the week would be better when we're running out of things to do anyways.

I've never really been to any concerts and Linkin Park is one of my favs, and some of those other bands I think would be cool to see too.

yay! I can't wait for this! It'll be life-changing for me! I get to meet all of you and after the meet, I'll be moving to wherever I move to! yaaay!

ps. charlotte's one to avoid. severely. if you don't know the city, don't even bother- you'll get lost as all hell and probably miss the show anyway. NOTHING is signposted there.

yup! I got lost there so bad...lol

OK, so it's official. I booked my hotel room today. Room 304. I'm right next to Lina, and somebody else, I didn't catch the last name. Something like Johnson(?) or something.

$677 for 6 nights (Jul 26th - Aug 1). I'm still trying to confirm 2 of my friends are going. The guy at Sea Cruz said the double can occupy 4 people. I might get a fourth friend to come, but if not, somebody can share the room with us. Divided by 4 people it would be $170 a person for that whole week.

And sisnce we're just gonna want to check in and get settled that first night, I'm gonna go ahead and get tix for Projekt Revolution on the 30th once my friends confirm. If anyone else wants to get the tix together, let me know, and I'll order them and you can just pay me at the meet.

not cool ryan!

the dragstrip day was probably going to have to be on a wed. but you wanna go to NC haha

ill try to see if the tracks around here are going to be open anyother time.. but normally its wed night for test/tune saturday is the big days where some wont let you run without slicks.. or i know some might be open on sunday night

how far do guys mind driving for a track? an hour? 2? 2 and half?

Hmm. Not sure if i'll book a room or not. Cash may be a little tight around this time. If I don't stay in a hotel i'll just camp in the sol. ;) Haha but yeah i'm most likely going to be able to make this trip. I'm definitely looking forward to it. :( I doubt i'll have the 5 speed swap by then... That makes me a sad panda.

OK, so it's official. I booked my hotel room today. Room 304. I'm right next to Lina, and somebody else, I didn't catch the last name. Something like Johnson(?) or something.

$677 for 6 nights (Jul 26th - Aug 1). I'm still trying to confirm 2 of my friends are going. The guy at Sea Cruz said the double can occupy 4 people. I might get a fourth friend to come, but if not, somebody can share the room with us. Divided by 4 people it would be $170 a person for that whole week.

And sisnce we're just gonna want to check in and get settled that first night, I'm gonna go ahead and get tix for Projekt Revolution on the 30th once my friends confirm. If anyone else wants to get the tix together, let me know, and I'll order them and you can just pay me at the meet.

Well how much are the tickets and it is linkin park doing this right?

If so and the price is not too bad then you can sign me up cause I LOVE LINKIN PARK!!!

I got my room situation all good as well. so no worries here.

i need to check on my room cause i think i should have been on the third floor.. and they told me as long as one person in the group made a deposit it held the other rooms so i didnt have to put anything down.. im going to call monday to check on my reservations

so am i going to be the only one there on the 25? cause it was the 25

i need to check on my room cause i think i should have been on the third floor.. and they told me as long as one person in the group made a deposit it held the other rooms so i didnt have to put anything down.. im going to call monday to check on my reservations

I should be there on the 25th as well, although in a different hotel.

When I talked to the guy he said everyone else was booked for the 25th. I dont know how many that was but there ya go.

I'm leaving on the 25 and arriving on the 26th.

Chris I'll try to check the ticket prices right now.

EDIT: It says they are $20-60 and they go on sale in the morning at 10AM

Archived