Preston's Del Sol Process Thread

tallhamer88

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is a dirty, sexual innuendo somewhere in this quote.

no im just talking about the rubber he bought so it doesnt leak and get wet inside

no im just talking about the rubber he bought so it doesnt leak and get wet inside

No sh it, Sherlock.

When the rubber fails all hell breaks loose.

Local dealer wants 790 but will match majestic

but i think i can get away with the front peice that is all one thing and the 2 on the sides of the targa and it will stop the leaks if not ill buy the back one later down the road

me tired of having a wet seat

• 2 weeks later...

Well today i finally fixed a flawl on my car. So Next im ordering weather stripping for around the targa then its going to be back to aftermarket mods.

As you can see ive had a chipped tail light for a while now. Well No More:)

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

June 5th, 6th and 7th. Come see me and the Sol. At the Ocean City Convention Center Will i should be showing indoors unless something comes up i opted to show out doors if that happens. I will know wednesday.

Today i did a cheap difference to the sols engine bay. I sanded down the exhaust manifold got new bolts and washers and took silver engine paint and painted it. It looks 100 percent difference. Enjoy the Pix.

004.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

026.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Bump:

UPDATE

I just Recently Installed Viper Series 5900 Alarm W/ Remote start

I figure i will rock the remote start till i finish my suspension and start my tranny and motor work..

But this Just In.. New crap to come

I got alot of stuff i would like to have done to the sol. My goal is Mid July..

New Weather Stripping all around targa

Megan Racing Header

Megan Racing Front Upper strut bar-Gunmetal

Megan Racing Rear Upper Strut Bar- Gunmetal.

what a long ass project lol... it looks nice...i like the body kit and the wheels are slick... i would of liked to see it candy apple green tho...just cuz im more a green guy

023.jpg

what are all those ground wires for?

They are for my Nology Hot Wires

So now im thinking i want a little more power to my car. Anyone kno how much a intake manifold would beef the d16 up?

IM and TB...maybe a little?

Did you buy the weather stripping? Did you try to use some adhesive guey stuff? That works sometimes...

Very nice build :D Del Sol Si ftw :D

Nope. Has not been leaking for some reason lately. but i still should prolly get it..saving up for it.

y8 manifold and tb are the best ones you can pull off another car. edelbrock performer X is the best aftermarket you can get for n/a

So skunk 2 no good. I herd i get like 4whp so does not sound like 300 dollars worth for me.But there good after you turbo a car.

here something i came across about intake manifolds

ntake Manifolds- Honda makes a pretty stout intake manifold and they rarely need to be upgraded. However if you do choose to upgrade these are the options.

Stock-This is your standard option as the factory piece can support alot of power both in N/A form and boosted form. Now if you hae a non-vtec motor the best thing to do is to upgrade to a Vtec manifold from either the Z6 or the Y8 motors.

Skunk 2- This is probably the best aftermarket manifold for the money. How ever there isn't much R&D into this piece. its basically a b-series plenum with D series runners. This manifold can actually loose power over a stock one on a bolt on/stock engine, as with any aftermarket piece. Now im sure i'll get opinions on this but this is mine based on research i've done.

Edelbrock- This manifold is probably the best manifold on the market. But for N/A motors its not the best choice unless you have the engine built for it. This is more of a boosted manifold.

Blox- This basically is a Skunk2 copy. While its a decent starting place for starting, the best thing to do is to cut open the plenum and blend the runners together much like you would do on a stock modified one. A decent manifold for the money

OBX- This is a junk manifold plain and simple. Your going to have fitment issues with things and the design is very poor. The only thing this manifold is good for is making ITB's.

dont waste your money with one. youre building a nice car, dont cheap out on it

Yah i thought about that today as well.. cause they saying you get what you pay for keeps running through my head.

I think when i clear my hood and wing imma throw red pearl in it

Sounds sweet. You still need to get a black targa of some sort. I don't care if it's CF, primer, or just one from someone parting out a black Sol.

• 5 weeks later...
Sounds sweet. You still need to get a black targa of some sort. I don't care if it's CF, primer, or just one from someone parting out a black Sol.

Carbon fiber targa would be sweet..

Oh btw recent mod viper series 590s alarm installed comes with turbo timer when im ready to boost and remote start which the remote start would be removed when i do my 5 speed swap

Archived