All About the Benjamins

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, it's weird being able to put a voice on to someone that I've talked to via forum for about 7 months. Lol. Keep us posted about this guy. And my idea about doing the swap when we meet wasn't a good one. lol I forgot we only have one full day to chill and it would suck spending all that time on an engine swap.

He called. The B18C1 was sold to someone willing to pay $2000 earlier today, but there's some good news....

There is a JDM H22A with LSD that he has, comes with everything, and he said that since i've been patient and not an ass about his miscommunications, he would sell me the motor/trans/everything for $900 and put it in for free tonight in Philly, or tomorrow at the same location.

i said i would do it....so apparently I will now have a H22A DA...oh well, it will be a decent set-up.

i guess I'm goin' N/A now!

He called. The B18C1 was sold to someone willing to pay $2000 earlier today, but there's some good news....

There is a JDM H22A with LSD that he has, comes with everything, and he said that since i've been patient and not an ass about his miscommunications, he would sell me the motor/trans/everything for $900 and put it in for free tonight in Philly, or tomorrow at the same location.

i said i would do it....so apparently I will now have a H22A DA...oh well, it will be a decent set-up.

i guess I'm goin' N/A now!

Grats...

Haha, it's weird being able to put a voice on to someone that I've talked to via forum for about 7 months. Lol. Keep us posted about this guy. And my idea about doing the swap when we meet wasn't a good one. lol I forgot we only have one full day to chill and it would suck spending all that time on an engine swap.

yeah that was crazy wierd. i never called anyone i talked to on a forum before...i called Nick too, but he didn't pick up.

about doing the swap during that road trip...nahhhhh. we'll all just relax and have a good time, no need to let my engine problems get in the way...

edit: i don't usually stutter over every word and curse like a sailor, i was just really, really pissed off and i couldn't think straight...haha i was soooo angry.

Yeah I could barely understand you lol. That's understandable, I'd be really pissed about that. It's gunna be hard for me guys to understand you with the Virginian accents. lol. I was about to text SolLes and let him know what was going on with the engine but I figured he would have read the post.

so he just told me he'd call me back about the h22. i might have to drive to NJ again tonight and get there at like 3 am.

i'm pissed again. this is retarded.

This is retarded. That guy is shady like hell.

Just hope it all works out for you. Keep on the guy, but don't be a jerk. I got all my new suspension stuff from some random dude in Missouri for 275. He kept "forgetting" to call me back or send it but I kept on him enough that I got my way and everything was cool.

Good luck with this one.

HA! So now your the lucky one once again Dan because now you also have the amazing H22!! Trust me you will love it, I cant believe you are getting it for 900, make sure everything on it checks out.

Yeah, we'll see.

New Plan:

i talked to him a couple times tonight. at 8 am this morning i am supposed to call him as a wake-up call type deal. he's gonna call his buddy with the H22 and then i'll get the okay to drive down. i'm bringing 2 friends with me (chris(pa) and this guy rob) just to be safe..they'll probably take pics and post them on here.

We're gonna meet Claudio at his house in NJ, drive to the shop where the motor is, lift it into his dad's giant truck (it's enormous, i saw it today), then i pay the guy for his motor $900.

After that, we're gonna drive to Philly where we'll have the entire shop to ourselves b/c it's a sunday and do the swap.

we're using re-located stock mounts, so we'll see how that goes. i know they make mounts for this specific swap, i'll purchase them in the very near future.

I'm going to go 100% N/A on this swap...but to start off i'm just gonna do I/H/E for a little bit...

RS*R ExMag II Cat-back

Injen RS CAI

DC-Sports 4-1 header

Electric Cut-out for loudness lol

Wish me luck again! This is my last post until tomorrow night when i should be back, and i'll post pics. Peace guys, thanks for the support, ya'll are mad tight....lol i'm tired.

Best of luck, mang. If it all works out this will be a sweet deal indeed. I just hope it does.

Take some pictures for your HF family who won't be there to see it.

A convo I had with Dan via texting:

11:47 AM, 7/23

Me: Did the guy end up jewing you?

Dan: No, we're doing the swap right now.

Me: Good news! You'll love the H22. Hopefully she'll turn right over no problems.

Dan: Hopefully. I'll let you know tonight how it goes.

Me: Cool

4:06 PM, 7/23

Dan: JDM H22A, aem fuel rail, rc injectors, skunk 2 cams, aem cam gears, maybe some other headwork. That's all I know for now.

Me: Why so cheap? Cuz he dicked you over?

Dan: I got it for $1000, I still need mounts, axles, wiring harnass, and ecu... but I'm getting a deal on most of it. Yeah, he felt bad so he took $600 off the price.

Me: I see, is the motor in yet?

Still haven't heard back from him but sounds like things are going good!

Archived