Post PICS of your latest purchase.

true-bluecb7

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DSCF0333.jpg

DSCF0334.jpg

DSCF0335.jpg

Flew to albaqurque NM last tues to pick it up, stayed a night in gallup NM. Then drove to vegas to see some old navy buddies and stay with a friend that I havent seen in a while for a few days. Then yesterday drove from Vegas to Reno. Today I left reno at 3am ended up getting into portland at 1230pm. So now there is a boosted 93si and a NA 1.7 95s in my driveway. Just need to do a few things to get her how I want her, goto the DMV, get her smogged, and then time to go back to work on the dakota and the 95s.

type r oil pump and pickup

000_1701.jpg

type r water pump

000_1703.jpg

new p30 pistons on pr3 rods. the pr3's are gonna go bye bye for some ls rods. hello 12:1 comp.!

000_1704.jpg

the rings are now off and actually looked like they were in great shape

000_1706.jpg

4-1 header that he let me have for $50. sure its banged up a bit. but well worth $50

000_1707.jpg

000_1708.jpg

***********the guy i got these from works at lyndsay acura as a tech and has a 500hp turbo del sol. white with lip kit and slammed. apparently he knows brian from import alliance in tennessee lol

XSL5W30_240x320.jpg

Figured I'd give it a try since I can get it at cost from work. Probably going to continue to be paranoid and change the filter every 3k-5k miles still.... And probably do full oil changes at least every 10k-15k... I dunno, depends on how well it seems to work. I doubt I'll ever do it less than about 3x as often as Amsoil recommends though.

10 to 15 thousand miles?

Well, they say you only need to change the filter and add a quart of oil every 25k/1 year. I'm gonna put them to the test, checking the oil constantly to make sure it isn't burnt/contaminated/etc. Other oils say every 10k miles... so I'm gonna do filter every 3-5k, and a full change every 10-15. For Amsoil that's should be overkill. *shrugs* I dunno, may end up going back to cheap stuff every 2500-3000 miles...

Archived