New HF '08 Summer Meet Thread

wannaBstuntin

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uncle Sam loves them virgin butts don't he Scott? Don't feel bad though. At least you only have an exercise. We mobilize soldiers thru here, and from now til Nov I can't get a pass or leave approved. Even if I were to polish the first sergeants floor with my knees, it ain't happening.

But then again, me and you both get to make reaaaaaallllllyyyyyy fashionably late appearances, lol.

Uncle Sam loves them virgin butts don't he Scott? Don't feel bad though. At least you only have an exercise. We mobilize soldiers thru here, and from now til Nov I can't get a pass or leave approved. Even if I were to polish the first sergeants floor with my knees, it ain't happening.

But then again, me and you both get to make reaaaaaallllllyyyyyy fashionably late appearances, lol.

fashionably late huh?? ok i'll go with that but i thought it was hurry up and wait.

hehe...I'm moving to mid-east or whatever it's called lol because California sucks...I'm still deciding where, but if I transfer within the same company, and in US, then it would have to be one of these (I took out OK, TX, AL, AR, CA, CT, FL, GA, IN, ME, MS):

Clayville, NY

Harrisburg, PA

Bellevue, WA

:D

Hurry up and wait is also acceptable. But I ain't playing soldier boy once I get there, so fashionably late would be the proper term for civilian activities such as the meet.

hehe...I'm moving to mid-east or whatever it's called lol because California sucks...I'm still deciding where, but if I transfer within the same company, and in US, then it would have to be one of these (I took out OK, TX, AL, AR, CA, CT, FL, GA, IN, ME, MS):

Clayville, NY

Harrisburg, PA

Bellevue, WA

:D

Clayville i've heard is nice.

Harrisburg is a nice place been there a couple times.

kegger - if i could even make it to the civilian part i would be happy.

and lol Ryan, isn't CT very close to those anyway? lol

Eh...depends where in CT....I'm probably 4 hours from the eastern side of PA....because I'm right next to RI

I just checked, and my trip to the meet will take me through NYC, Philly, Baltimore, D.C., and Richmond

how are you going to miss NC? If you're taking 95 down, you're gonna come down through johnston co/smithfield too.

Are those big cities or something? I dunno. I haven't traveled south much.

So anyways...should we start planning crazy crap to do now?

Are those big cities or something? I dunno. I haven't traveled south much.

Johnston County is known as one of the most redneck counties in NC, particularly in this area (i'm about 30 minutes from Smithfield) and Smithfield has one of the largest outlet malls in the south. Myrtle's got better ones though. Smithfield's the main city of JC. Then you'll hit "South of the Border" which is signposted from Smithfield to the SC border... that's somewhere you've just gotta stop at! (/sarcasm) I dont trust anywhere that has a rickety looking rollercoaster right next to the highway, but they do have really cheap fireworks. Oh, and Dockside Dolls closed down. lol, can you tell I've spent far too much time on 95?

General stuff to do/tourist stuff....

Barefoot landing's alright for something to do- its a shopping center built on top of a marsh so there are signs everywhere to watch for gators & they have baby tigers you can have your photo taken with. There's also a decent selection of restaurants up there- Johnny Rockets (1950's style diner), Dicks Last Resort (this place is funny- the servers are told to be as rude as possible to you), & Joe's Crab Shack are the ones I remember but they've extended the area so there's probably much more since I was last there. House of Blues is also at Barefoot Landing. That's up in North Myrtle.

There's also a little white Wedding Chapel (which, shamefully, I considered using when I was down there with my hs sweetheart immediately after graduation- the last time i was there), Ripley's believe it or not, a good number of clubs, Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville, & Nascar Speed Park. Everyone takes their cars & bikes down the strip to show off but there's not much there even though its always the most busy part of the town (apart from the beach)

dont bother visiting any of the piercing shops down there- they're all way overpriced and mess up. I got charged $80 for my nostril (when I'd asked, they'd said $35... 80 came after all the hidden costs! I still only paid 35 because I bitched them out, threw it down and left.) and then when it fell out 2 days after I got home, I had to have it put back in by a shop up here who were appalled by the angle of it. There arent any tattoo parlors in SC so that ones outta the question.

as far as crazy stuff goes... hmm. my friends and I were trying to plan a trip in 2006 to go and see HIM down there and we'd planned a viva-la-bam type scavenger hunt, wrestling re-match (my 5ft, 100lb female friend managed to win over my 5'7, 180lb male friend so he demanded a rematch) and a party on the beach. But I think they're pretty strict about parties on the beach ending at certain times and you're not allowed to camp out there either.

good stuff Lexi :)

and how about we have some sort of a crazy contest? :D

it's a good thing they are strict about parties on the beach :devil: ...that's why we are going to have a party on the beach! and very wild one :D we all jump in the water??

There arent any tattoo parlors in SC so that ones outta the question.

But I think they're pretty strict about parties on the beach ending at certain times and you're not allowed to camp out there either.

Soo i've been living in SC since 2001 and know my way around MB pretty well by now cause its like 2 hours away... sooo i just wanted to let yah know there are a lot of tattoo parlors in sc now it was just legalized about a year ago... and they are no bon fires or parties on the beach and such.. and you cant drive on the beach either

but if you havent been to MB its pretty easy to navigate.. all the hotels and the strip are technically in north MB and theres a road that runs pretty much parallel to the strip (highway 17 i believe) that has all the food places(like a sonic) and 2 hooters (which is where we normally go eat).. they have about every restaurant down there...

and broadway at the beach and the hard rock cafe isnt far away

there are a lot of clubs, 2 malls i believe, a couple outlet malls, the nascar park, couple water parks, mini golf and puttputt courses(some 24 hours), and bunch of other crap like ripleys aquarium and believe it or not.

and the strip is pretty small.. one lane going south one going north.. the main part is about 1 or 2 miles long...there are a bunch of little beach shops along it and thats about all but it gets pretty packed in summer without a meet or car show so it'll be fun... and wear your seatbelt cause you WILL get a ticket from a cop on a bicycle if you don't...(they ride around and since traffic on the strip is so packed and slow moving they look in everybody's car)

one more thing... on the other thread i said i'll talk to some hotels about deals that week on rooms if we all stay at one or something(im going to MB in like 2 weeks).. but if that doesnt work out make sure your careful about where you stay if your car is lowered or even if it isnt cause a lot of the hotels have parking garages cause parking is hard to come by and the slopes are STEEP... stayed at one last summer and when you were driving down you were looking straight at the ground.. and driving up you were looking at the ceiling.. it'll scrape the hell out the bottom of your car

Archived