Mike's Sol

SolLesHonda

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the work of his magical fairy! You have all talked about the h22 before and dissed it. It's too heavy, that'll cause too much understeer, not worth it, especially SolLes. Now all of the sudden it's a good idea. Hell yeah I'd want an h22 but had second thoughts after everyone's input. Come on now, you guy's change your mind more than my pregnant wife when deciding on where to eat for lunch! Is it or isn't it a good swap?

I for one, have not changed my mind about the H22. I think in these smaller cars that the H22 puts too much extra weight up front. Yeah, it's only about 40lbs or so, but 40 lbs in the front of a car that is already badly front heavy is really bad for handling. If the 40lbs were getting added to the back of the car (hypothetically) then I'd be all for it because that would actually help the handling. The cars that came with the H22 stock are heavier cars stock and the heavier engine doesn't throw them off as much......they were designed to run the heavier H22 in the front while still handling well.

All that said, an H22 sol or civic could still handle well with a really good suspension setup and a obese rear sway bar. I'd keep a smaller front sway bar up front though to prevent counter understeer though.

Ok, well some updates:

Omnipower coilovers are on. I wish my crapty camera could actually show how low it is, I couldn't seem to capture it. The car needs to be washed badly, so don't hate. And the tire shine is so damn dark that you can't see where it starts or ends in the pictures lol. Here they are anyway. I'm a bad photographer.

In My Driveway after Letting her back down:

SolDay2011.jpg

Trying to show you how low it is. The splash guard is lower than my car remote (2 inches tall):

SolDay2010.jpg

SolDay2009.jpg

SolDay2008.jpg

SolDay2007.jpg

This looks mean IMO. I need to decide on a lip now. Thinking OEM 92-95 lip.

SolDay2006.jpg

Need an alignment badly. Camber kit = needs adjustment NOW:

SolDay2004.jpg

SolDay2003.jpg

Front wheel well gap. (On 14" rims, so it's low. Can't even get a finger in between wheel adn fender.)

SolDay2002.jpg

And lastly:

SolDay2001.jpg

Comments?

you need to lower the back like another half inch dude , imo. just to even it out a bit. looks a little uneven. other than that , looks bomb dude im jealous , cant wait to trade my springs for some CO's.

looks sexy as hell.

i like lower in the front then the back, that's how my car is....

you got the Omni-power camber kit? do you like it? i think i may buy one very soon, my tires are suffering...

and my H22 pwns stock H22's, it's got about $1500 in work done to it already.

I love the splash guards.

I am powder coating my rims bronze. I can't fit 16's anymore. I have 14's and it's tucked.

I like my car lower in front than in back.

90 - I just wish I could get AC lol. I'm still figuring out the money situation. ok?

I wanna see CRG's sol.

There are pics of it around here somewhere. It's filthy, or I'd take new ones. Maybe I'll wash it in a little while.

SolLess, what was it lowered at before?

Do it.

Yeah, I probably will. I didn't have it last week and didn't wash it the week before since it was rainy that week, so it's due for a wash. I'll throw pics up in the "show off" thread later on probably. (I didn't realize this was in SolLess' thread :rolleyes:)

Archived