Mike's Sol

SolLesHonda

i'm just curious as to why there are pics of shift knobs and tweeters instead of turbine's and FMIC's......but if your camera was broken during when the sol was boosted then so be it, i just want to know why you didn't take pics of the set-up?

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But he had a camera phone he said up above. I won't lie, SolLes, I've got my doubts, but the bottom line is, who cares? SolLes knows his shat, especially about the turbos, he's a cool dude and he's my dawg, so I'm with SolLes, whatever. Just wondering, was there any salvagable turbo parts from the crash for a future build?

The one below the dash to left is for my gauge faces. They can change from blue to green.

The other switch is when I had interior LED's. I took em out, but am going to wind up wiring something to that switch.

The car looks much better now. The camera doesn't show you how clean it really is. I cleaned it again, and it looks phenominal.

I just need a new steering wheel, put on my Mugen pedals sitting on my floor, and get Type R or Recaro Seats. Thenm, my interior will be done.

I noticed that your headset for the radio is in the bottom slot in your dash... I have that bottom slot open but figured I would take out my stock radio instead of having 2 radios...?

What did you do with the stock radio that is in the dash... if it was in the dash at all?

Yeah ... school + work > me.

Update guys: Althuogh I don't know all the details of it yet, I'll be doing something similar to what I had planned.

Z6 Block

CP 10.5:1 Pistons

Eagle Rods

Z6 Head

Ported by RM, RM Valvetrain and Cam.

AEM Cam Gear

SMS Header

JRSC w/ B20 Crank Pulley to boost about 10 psi.

J's Intake Knockoff

Same Exhaust Setup as Now

Same Fuel Mods on the Way.

Hondata S300 tuned P28

Without Nitrous control, it'll make about 200 - 220 whp, and 190 or so wtq.

Daily Driving Reliability stays and can still run high 12's, low 13's.

You have an SC? What?

200-20 hp/190 tq is killer with that setup. My aspirations are less grandiose. All this is for the D15B7:

PWJDM SRI

Skunk2 IM

SMSP 4-2-1

Tanabe HM exhaust

Delta 272 cam

AEM cam gear

Crower Valvetrain

Ported head

LS rods

D17 pistons

ARP head studs

SSR-built trans

Questions:

What type of power/compression should I be expecting?

What of fuel system stuff? Necessary?

Three things I've heard tell of but don't know if they are necessary: throttle body, MSD ignition, and Hondata. Advice please.

I checked my math a lot.

The LS Rods are 137mm, just like the D16 rods; however with the D17 pistons' dome of -6.20cc and comp height of 27mm, it will lower your compression. With the D15B7 block, fitted with them, and the B7 head, and gasket, it will only be like 8.05:1. Which is teh suck for NA.

You should do Z6 with P29's and A6 rods. RM Valvetrain. Skunk2 IM and TB, and new fuel stuff is cool to do too. No Hondata, jsut use Crome or Neptune.

That will bring your compression to about 11.9 - 12.03 depending on the HG. Get a good tune and its more than possible to run on 93 octane gas.

I noticed that your headset for the radio is in the bottom slot in your dash... I have that bottom slot open but figured I would take out my stock radio instead of having 2 radios...?

What did you do with the stock radio that is in the dash... if it was in the dash at all?

Wha???

Archived