Mike's Sol

SolLesHonda

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I noticed that your headset for the radio is in the bottom slot in your dash... I have that bottom slot open but figured I would take out my stock radio instead of having 2 radios...?

What did you do with the stock radio that is in the dash... if it was in the dash at all?

Del Sol's only have one slot with a cover that can hide it.

Damnit, I had just typed a response here and hit back on the keyboard by mistake. Here it is again, slightly shorter:

1) Good call on Exospeed cam gear (I was just going with a trusted name before).

2) Skunk2 Throttle body too? Done.

3) What all is recommended fuel wise?

4) If I use crome or neptune how does that all work (ie what is required and where do I go for that?)

5) I'd really prefer to stick it out with the D15B7 and not swap on a Z6 or anything. Perhaps you could recommend a new set of pistons instead of a whole new setup?

Damnit, I had just typed a response here and hit back on the keyboard by mistake. Here it is again, slightly shorter:

1) Good call on Exospeed cam gear (I was just going with a trusted name before).

2) Skunk2 Throttle body too? Done.

3) What all is recommended fuel wise?

4) If I use crome or neptune how does that all work (ie what is required and where do I go for that?)

5) I'd really prefer to stick it out with the D15B7 and not swap on a Z6 or anything. Perhaps you could recommend a new set of pistons instead of a whole new setup?

1. Exospeed makes great cams. Take your cam, send it to them, and get the Stage 3. Get new valvetrain from them too. I believe they use Ferrea or Supertech, both are great. If you are going all motor, flat faced valves are preferred.

2. Skunk 2 TB, 68mm.

3. I'd do the fuel setup I ordered if you wanna spend a little more and know it's all brand new and perfect. I have Walbro In tank fuel pump, AEM Fuel Filter, B&M FPR, and AEM Fuel Rail. Get Russell lines and it will look "sweet like candy" as you say.

4. Crome is different than Hondata. It's like burning a chip and just replugging in your ECU. With the mods you have, I probably wouldn't even change anything with your stock ECU. Except remove your rev limiter. Because your motor is going to want to go beyond 7000RPMs.

5. D16a6 pistons, D16a6 or LS Rods, Stock HG, and mill the head 0.020 in and you have a compression of 11.18:1. Which, with a good tranny, headwrok, IM, I/H/E, you could make 140-170whp.

I'm stoked to see how it works out. It sounds like a killer setup.

My setup plans? I'm stoked too. Wanna lend me some money? I might even pay it back!

For my sol, what do you all think would be more badass?

SC'd D16 to make around 200-220whp, or All motor B18C1?

Edit: I had originally said B18C1 but now I think go with the SC D. Too many swaps spoil the broth. Unless you go H22 of course.

Archived