90's Official New Plan

90IntegraC1

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mmmk....seems like people don't check this thread anymore, i'll probably make a new one when everything is in working order, and there's gonna be plenty of pics, trust me.

Uh, to anyone who is slightly interested in doing a AT-MT Conversion....change your f*cking mind, it's a hassle....and expensive, i got good deals and still spent about $2000 in parts and labor. Damn.

What happened that made it such a hassle (and expensive)? The AT-MT conversion on my CRX was finished in a night... and was free because of a parts car...

1. I'm Dan, nothing ever goes smooth for me in case no ones noticed...

2. The guy who sold me the parts car was a little careless about small things, and also not giving me full details on some of the parts...i ordered the following.

-reverse switch on trans

-trans case bolts (4)

-MT starter bolts

-clutch cable bracket

-shifter bushing

-passenger side ABS axle

-bolt and washer for the shift stabilization bar

-brake pedal pin

-cotton pin (2)

-left motor mount screws about 1" longer than OEM

my motor sits on an angle, so they have to make a shim to level it out with the left motor mount, so that's why i need longer bolts. Everything will be here on Thursday.

What is done so far:

-Trans, clutch, pp, flywheel

-clutch cable

-accelerator cable

-pedal assembly

-MT cluster

-shift linkage w/ short shifter

-new plate with hole placed where shifter assembly goes

-MT mounts and brackets installed

-engine back in car

-car started great today, just needs a few small parts and should be done by Friday or Saturday, they're only charging me $400 for all this work, and i'm glad it's being done right.

After this i have to start on the painting prep process....but let's finish one thing at a time shall we?

mmmk.

Archived