Random Thought Thread

DelSolSweetie

I'm bored

I did get a jza70 momo steering wheel and cusco catch can for me and Chris's anniversary

and i just bought a set of hks hipermax coilovers

and the del ate the brake fluid in the clutch master cylinder reservoir

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got my midbass drivers in, finished looming and installing my 2awg "big 3" however need to goto the welding supply store and pick up some 1/0awg to run as a the grounding strap from chassis to battery. Started ripping all the red out of my car, picked up some light tan leather to replace it with, ordered amber leds for the cluster and hvac console to replace my red painted bulbs (that have now faded to pink). Still need to find out whats "clunking" whenever i hit a bump or take a high speed right turn. Its not the suspension, its all tight, bushings are all good. maybe something is in the RQP.... probably a screwdriver.

My sol ate the clutch fluid last week! Slave cylinder went... dunno whether to take it back to the garage or not where it got fixed, theres like an inch or two of free travel/play on the clutch pedal. what u peeps think?

congrats on the anniversary sarah! :). also congrats go out to brian mcboost and his hot wife on their anniversary :p

On a second note. Weekends aren't long enough.

HEY MONDAY MORNING. F*CK U!

Dude that is easy you can do that yourself, it should not take you longer than an hour, hour and a half tops

The bastards. They charged me like £50 labour too.

I'll take it back n the grease monkeys can do it right this time. Apart from that... I'm never taking my car back to that place again, it only had it's MOT there the day or two before the clutch went, they didn't do sh*t all when they are meant to check everything.... my power steering fluid was low, dread to think what else they missed.

Oh and on that note... topping up the powersteering fluid... as easy as it sounds, or do I have to bleed it?

Someone asks me for 50 pounds in labor I'm going to unzip Ahkeem the African Dream and tell them to get busy.

if you replace your slave cylinder just remember to change your master cylinder....when your slave goes out the other is bound to follow, and yes just like sarah said if your Power steering fluid is low then you need to just fill it back up.

and it'll be looking better than megan fox's gooch!

you have pics? lol

gettin quite peeved. been lookin for a car for a while but every dealer i go to is turning me away because my credit is crap. had a dealer tell me hed sell me an 01 civic coupe for 1500 cash. high miles, had been wrecked but was fixed and ran good. go back a week later and ask him about it and he says 1500 as a down payment. wtf? says he has an 03 hed sell me with high miles and a salvaged title for 6500. yea right. everybody on craigslist wasnts 3800 for high mileage egs. i think im destinined to not have a car.

Midbass drivers sound awesome, gave me that little bit of depth i needed between the focals and the sub. not worried about hot spots since im going to scuff the leds to aid in dispersion, might also hit them with a very light coat of white paint to help diffuse the light from them. Also picked up the new material for the interior and some new (much better) adhesive, so my interior will be going from red and black to tan and black. I now have the vinyl for the interior panels, new headliner material, ordered tan carpet w/ black mats with tan stitching, going to be removing the red vinyl from the iggees and replacing with the same material im covering the interior panels with and I will be reinforcing the bolsters with the tan as well. Also ordered a couple of yards of the tan carpet to completely redo the trunk. Looking for a tan and black twill to do a trunk lid liner to cover the fatmat. Got my tint done finaly 38%VLT 13% reflective with a 15%VLT windshield bar. Also have my block stripped, it and my head have a date at the machine shop, then its time to notch the block and girdle for the new rods and pistons. So while the z6 is getting built ill still be driving the sol daily with the d15 thats in it. All in all shes coming together nicely. Still need to swap out busings for polys.

Last time I checked I made a return a while ago. Whether or not I posted a video a while ago. What happened? I thought you weren't a complete bitch. Guess I was wrong there?

In other words..

baby_crying.jpg

^^^ LOL, that made me raff out roud for some reason.

Cory, that's awesome dude, I can't wait to see the tan interior, especially since I can't recall ever seeing that done in a del sol.

I put in some alpine spr17c coaxials that I had laying around in the rear a few weeks ago with a low pass filter at around 200-250. Makes a big difference in spatial sound and depth.

On a side note, I finally got my interior lighting the way I want and the double-din adjusted perfectly, loving the del sol more than ever now.

Archived