Official General Photography Thread Mark III

sup

I got my Tamron 17-50 tonight and Holy Ball Sack is this thing sharp. Sharper wide open at f2.8 than my 50mm is wide open at f1.8. I'd venture to say that it might be sharper wide open at f2.8 than my 50mm is at f2.8.

Believe it or not....this first picture is with a very, very slight amount of USM on the eyes. Probably 1/3 the amount I normally do when shooting with the 50.

p991553879-4.jpg

This one's just for kicks....we told Brandon to give Gracie (the dog) a kiss and he ran to the gate and tried to give her a kiss

p801006137-4.jpg

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
REPOST!!!!!!! lol

Saw it on TPF...

Lol. It's worth posting twice about. I'm just excited that I got such a sharp copy since I"ve heard some variation with front/back focusing. Although, I've heard of a lot less variations with the Tammy than the Sigma but still.....good to have a sharp copy and no longer worry about it.

Quick pano I threw together this morning. Looking north down the Chicago River, Sears Tower half a block to my right and Union Station on my left.

pano1.jpg

Got some more time to use the 70-200 f/4L IS this weekend.

Mah cat, f/4, 1/50, 97mm

img7610aa8.jpg

Untouched 100% crop for good measure

img7610100ii9.jpg

Then decided to see how IS mode 2 works with panning. It works well :thumbsup:

img7783wv3.jpg

Excellent picture. You are right. cityscapes at night never grow old.

I couldn't make it into a desktop, the resolution of the picture off of the HF page is way too low to look good as a background image.

Archived