Official General Photography Thread Mark III

sup

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wtf, 4x4 and AWD are the same thing I thought? and how is it not 4 wheel drive! I'm so confused.

"Got the lights like that by closing up the aperture to I think f/22 in that shot. It's just a property of shooting through such a small aperture. Neat thing is that all the lights are all 7-pointed since the lens I used has 7 aperture blades."

Thats cool!

4x4 locks front and rear axles so they rotate at a fixed rate and usually have a lower ratio in fron than in the rear. awd puts variable power to each axle and they are allowed to spin independently from one another, like a limited slip. that's why you should not leave a 4wd vehicle in 4x4 while it on the street because it puts strain on the drivetrain.

i found a way better deal on a 28-70mm 2.8 for like half the price of the 24-28mm 2.8

i wonder if theres a big difference, ive heard nothing but great things about the 28-70mm 2.8

i found a way better deal on a 28-70mm 2.8 for like half the price of the 24-28mm 2.8

i wonder if theres a big difference, ive heard nothing but great things about the 28-70mm 2.8

28-70 f2.8 is an incredible lens and the difference between it and the 24-70 f2.8 is very small from what I've heard. If you can find the 28-70 f2.8 for a good price...grab it in my opinion.

28-70 f2.8 is an incredible lens and the difference between it and the 24-70 f2.8 is very small from what I've heard. If you can find the 28-70 f2.8 for a good price...grab it in my opinion.

yeah, i went ahead and sent payment via paypal for 950.

ive researched them and found them up to 1500 used but i guess theyre all used noew since its discontinued.

nate- you shoot with the 50mm 1.8? how is it?

I used to shoot with the 50mm f1.8 but once I got the Tamron 17-50 f2.8 I never used it (sold it with my D70s). My Tamron is every bit as sharp wide open as the prime (in my opinion at least) and it's nice to have the wider end. I have a feeling you'll be the same way with the 28-70 f2.8 as it's probably as sharp wide open or sharper than the 50mm f1.8. Plus I don't really need the f1.8 since I get very acceptable shots at ISO3200.

View of the skyline from my window. HDR processed in CS3 and touched up in LR2, actually came out looking pretty natural.

photoshophdrtmp743237r.jpg

Decided to take some shots of the XTi before mailing it out today.

3494024559_8180dbd932_o.jpg

3494852880_6663c07319_o.jpg

And took some shots of the 50D while I still could

3494112311_4a2498b10a_o.jpg

3494118111_529697c05c_o.jpg

gary, do you have one of those tables that light up? those are great.

you should be a product photographer, for reals.

heres my latest cityscape.

3495470667_a38cea7794_o.jpg

Here's a landscape which is out of my style. It's gotten a lot of good feedback on the 2 photo forums I'm on so thought I'd post it here

p401308398-4.jpg

And the style of photos I usually do

p721846274-4.jpg

p956271178-4.jpg

p687639494-4.jpg

Not sure if I like the first edit or this one better

p679538026-4.jpg

I'd vote for the 2nd one Nate...the black edging on the 1st looks a lil weird, makes it looked photoshopped.

That 1st shot of the grasses is sweet, looks like a HDR image.

Black edging?? What do you mean? Oh, and thanks. The shots of the cattails was actually an old throw-out that I re-edited. Now I really love the shot.

Black edging?? What do you mean? Oh, and thanks. The shots of the cattails was actually an old throw-out that I re-edited. Now I really love the shot.

I think he means the halos outlining the flower, a result of usually too much high-pass sharpening/use of the clarity slider.

I'm almost done processing the shots from the ballet rehearsal I shot a couple weeks ago, only about 100 more to go through.

IMG_0651-1.jpg

gary, do you have one of those tables that light up? those are great.

you should be a product photographer, for reals.

Thanks Nancers, my setup is actually really basic. Just a bunch of printer paper held together by tape with a piece of plexiglass on top. That and my two Speedlites.

I think he means the halos outlining the flower, a result of usually too much high-pass sharpening/use of the clarity slider.

Yeah...that's what's weird. There was no high pass sharpening and very little editing other than levels/curves. The last one has a ton more editing to it. It seems like the darker one is most people's fav. anyway.

Archived