The where do you see your self in 5 years thread!

mpearce1974

So like the title says, where do you see yourself in 5 years? What field of work, car you will own, marriage status, kids, work that will be done to current car, ect ect ect!

I see myself with a new part time job (where and what I have no idea). My Sol will become weekend, and evening cruiser! I will have another hatch for DD, we are done kid wise. I will have a dealers license (shocker there), and want to find some one on East coast, or Great-lakes area and start to import rust free Honda's into those areas, from around here and all the other rust free states around me! :thumbsup:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So like the title says, where do you see yourself in 5 years? What field of work, car you will own, marriage status, kids, work that will be done to current car, ect ect ect!

I see myself with a new part time job (where and what I have no idea). My Sol will become weekend, and evening cruiser! I will have another hatch for DD, we are done kid wise. I will have a dealers license (shocker there), and want to find some one on East coast, or Great-lakes area and start to import rust free Honda's into those areas, from around here and all the other rust free states around me! :thumbsup:

ill help with the importing!, but i see myself in school getting ready to start my own shop/garage, doint anything and everthing with imports, from motor work to body work, and selling the goods in the shop :thumbsup:

ill help with the importing!, but i see myself in school getting ready to start my own shop/garage, doint anything and everthing with imports, from motor work to body work, and selling the goods in the shop :thumbsup:

Nice but I meant some one with money! :laugh::p

^very smart :D

In five years, I see myself happier :D living in a lake house that I fixed up (I'm buying a fixer-upper in a year or so), working a job that's outdoors/or teaching (I don't want to work in my current style job, offices 9-5 kind of job, forever), and being in a good relationship and more good friends (maybe have only one kid...I want a kid in life and also because girls pretty much save their lives by having a kid before they turn 30), a sweet car project (270R would be day-dreaming but maybe a silvia or supra) and whatever else life brings me :D

If I ever become a safe/boring/flowery stuff/quilts kind of girl or a soccer mom, someone please slap me and tell me "snap out of it!" :D

^very smart :D

In five years, I see myself happier :D living in a lake house that I fixed up (I'm buying a fixer-upper in a year or so), working a job that's outdoors/or teaching (I don't want to work in my current style job, offices 9-5 kind of job, forever), and being in a good relationship and more good friends (maybe have only one kid...I want a kid in life and also because girls pretty much save their lives by having a kid before they turn 30), a sweet car project (270R would be day-dreaming but maybe a silvia or supra) and whatever else life brings me :D

If I ever become a safe/boring/flowery stuff/quilts kind of girl or a soccer mom, someone please slap me and tell me "snap out of it!" :D

Soccer moms are HOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT!! :drool:

Lets see here in 5 years, well in 5 years I hope to already be married, in my dream house, spinning music still, my business to be still up and running, and maybe have a kid shortly after

Lets see here in 5 years, well in 5 years I hope to already be married, in my dream house, spinning music still, my business to be still up and running, and maybe have a kid shortly after

what kind of business?

It's cool I actually think most of these plans, if not all, are things that are pretty reasonable and very much in line with what little I know about most people on here.

5 years from now I want to be running a hookah bar as my day-to-day job and writing books about economic social justice in my spare time. I don't have many plans besides that because these things never work out the way I envision them, but I will say I have hopes for a wife at least...

Okay so i actually put some thought into this. And to be honest, i really don't see any of my dreams (as if i had any) coming true by the time i'm 23. I'll probably be in the same boat as i am now. Going to college, still living with my parents if they are both still alive by then, still a virgin, and still with just a part-time job struggling to get by. I really don't see much, if anything, changing in 5 years. Call me sad, depressed, say i'm not ambitious but i really don't see anything happening if everything goes the same way it has been for the last couple years

I wasn't calling you sad. Sorry if that's how it came out. I was saying being homeless and on the streets is sad. Hugs :)

Shane, change your job to one that makes more money? try to finish college fast so you'll be out and working and doing things you want instead of school/homework? A friend of mine just became a tow-truck guy and is making sooo much money now, instead of his old job, so he is a lot more happy now.

You seem like a cool guy, so you can get girls :D

Btw, you guys know that if you say/think "I won't get anywhere," then that's exaclty what's gonna happen...you won't get anywhere.

Positive thinking actually works! It's proven scientifically also (neuroscience)

Eh i'm hoping to find something else. I'm just finishing up my first semester in college, getting my AA in computer sciences and i hope to move to orlando after i finish two years here and get my AA degree. I'm thinking of switching to something automotive. As far as myjob goes, i'm 18 and work as a food runner at a restaurant. I make $8.25 an hour and it's my second job, i make decent pay and it pays for my car insurance and gives me some pocket money. There aren't any jobs here for people who don't have degrees and there are few jobs for the people who do. But what i was really saying is that i really doubt anything major will change in 5 years... right now it's more of a 7-8 maybe even 10 years in the future, maybe something will work out.

And i didn't take it as you calling me sad, so don't worry about that.

Another thing i'm not happy about is the fact i'm going into computer sciences. I don't think it's something i want to do, i feel like i'm taking the easy way out. I really want to find what i'm good at and have still yet to find that one passion everyone has, i have a buddy who's into photography, he's 18 and is already starting an amateur business with photography. I have a few other friends who are actually really good artists, another who's been a DJ since he was about 16.

I just need to find out what i really like before it's too late, i get the idea that now that i'm in college, this is my last good chance at figuring out what i want to do for a living before i get too comfortable doing nothing

Hmmm... 5 years down the road I'll have hopefully graduated from College (Trying to figure things out, but it looks like I might take a few more than 4 years to graduate... Maybe trade school is the way to go.), hopefully going steady, if not married. No kids just yet, I want the wifey to myself for at least a few years before kids :happy: . I'll still be driving my Sol around, but if I need a bigger car I might get a Wrangler... and possibly try to turn it into a Honda :thumbsup: . Who knows, maybe I'll have my own little store... video games and computer hardware combined perhaps? with better trade-in values than Gamestop... I could make a killing... maybe.

Another thing i'm not happy about is the fact i'm going into computer sciences. I don't think it's something i want to do, i feel like i'm taking the easy way out. I really want to find what i'm good at and have still yet to find that one passion everyone has, i have a buddy who's into photography, he's 18 and is already starting an amateur business with photography. I have a few other friends who are actually really good artists, another who's been a DJ since he was about 16.

I just need to find out what i really like before it's too late, i get the idea that now that i'm in college, this is my last good chance at figuring out what i want to do for a living before i get too comfortable doing nothing

I hear you there... I'm actually looking at getting a job in Tech support and moving in with one of my buddies who works there and is helping me get the job... I'm a Comp Sci major myself, but I really have no idea what I want to do either. I've actually been considering teaching lately... Along with a billion other random things. Good luck figuring it out.

interesting you guys...good luck with everything :D

You know, at this age, we are all supposed to be figuring out what we want...

You didn't ask for advice, but can I tell you something:

Figure out what you really like to do AND also figure out what kind of a job you will like doing in the future!

If you get into computers and want to work for a company, know that when you start work, you'll be working 9-5 in a cubicle/office all day. If you want to be using your hands and having the sun hit your face all day, then do a hands-on kinda job...like a mechanic or something like that...

I went to school and got out and working in office setting and don't like it. I'm working on getting out and doing an out doors job or teach at a school where I get to be out and not really be in an office all day :D

Well 5 years will be here faster than I know it! At that point I hope to have my Associate's in Police Science and Bachelor's in Criminal Justice, and will be an Officer in the Marine Corps :thumbsup: . I will be doing Reserves before long, then do my Officer training between my Junior/Senior year. So hell of lots of training! I should be right about to get married, if not already hitched. :D After I serve in the Marines, I want to be a Special Agent with the DEA in a large city somewhere, and I will also get to spend 5 years out of country :drool: . I love traveling! So that's the plan and I really want to stick to it!

EDIT: The cars! DIRR! I will still be driving the Sol, unless a tragedy happens :( . Probably will have it stored during the winter, the head will have been shaved a few thousandths, IM and TB both upgraded along with custom catback and header. Maybe some wheels as well. :thumbsup: I will probably have an EG hatch as my daily driver, or the other way around :crazy: . Who knows!!!

It's cool I actually think most of these plans, if not all, are things that are pretty reasonable and very much in line with what little I know about most people on here.

5 years from now I want to be running a hookah bar as my day-to-day job and writing books about economic social justice in my spare time. I don't have many plans besides that because these things never work out the way I envision them, but I will say I have hopes for a wife at least...

dude i love hookah! :thumbsup: i will come and give you a little money in return for some smoke and a tasty sammich! :happy:

5 years from now I'll be driving an electric car as a dd and have my civic fully built with a huge turbo and completely stripped out and lightened, on slicks, used for rag racing only, since gas will be $15/gal for 87 oct and $18/gal for 93.

Oh, and I'll still be selling cars. Electric ones.

5 years from now? hm...

1. I'll be married.

2. Chris will be finished Law School & will have a good job with a law firm.

3. I'll have gone to & finished cosmetology school.

4. I'll be working part time as a hairdresser or makeup artist, and I'll be trying to start my event/wedding planning business

5. We'll probably have had at least one kid by then.

6. we won't have bought a house yet, but we'll be in talks with contractors & architects to have it built.

7. most importantly, we'll be financially stable.

Hopefully still employed, in a higher paying position within my current company. Single and enjoying it. Living where I am, with another house bought for a rental property. A Supra TT, my Celica, and a 10 second, 1/4 mile, daily driveable, Talon. Honestly, I really hope I'm still alive in 5 years, you never know what each day will bring.

Archived