The where do you see your self in 5 years thread!

mpearce1974

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i would like to be naked in a bean bag chair eating cheetos

Better than peeing on yourself in the canoe... Guess you didn't have the urge to send the preacher $10,000?

hmm in five years...

out of the army, hopefully married, have kids, and a nice house. probally still working wih my step dad at his shop detailing cars and bringing in that green stuff :p

Hopefully be working my way up the ladder on a local PD. Possibly on the SWAT team(one can dream a bit right). As far as wifey goes, if i find her great, if not, i'll still be out havein fun enjoyin the single life. I will also have my Ram 2500 4x4 with the cummins as my DD. And a project car or two on the side. Only two things i know i will have in 5 years are my house(planin on buyin one here in the next year or two) and my GSXR 1000.

Ryan, there's a difference between whoring, and making eleventy billion threads about the same, mundane thing. I've pretty much let it go, but the fact remains that Dwayne is a pretty crap poster. Far too many people use these forums as an IM service, and it really needs to stop.

suprised i haven't seen a certain someone already say this but...

eleventy isn't a number!

MUAHAHAHHAHA. Okay i'll leave this thread now.

... :pirate:

I'll be 30, going on 31. I shudder at the thought.

Wow, your just so old....i'm j/k. Unfortunately I'm in the same boat as you. I'm glad to see I'm not only one of the few 'older' people on this forum.

Let's see...five years from now I'll hopefully be trading in my 2003 Avalanche 2500 for a 2009 Avalanche or 2008 Ford F-250. I don't need a new truck, something used is just fine. I should be well into a carpentry/related field by then as I finish school this year. I'll hopefully buy an older house(30-40+ years) and pretty much rip the inside apart and rebuild it how I like. A girlfriend around that time would be nice, but I would also be content with being single, to be able to work longer hours and make more money. Other than that, I'll either still have the del sol or if I made enough money I would look into a 2007 Infiniti G35 for a fun weekend car.

Fairly realistic I would say.

hmm 5 years from now ill be 26. ideally id like to be settled down but the way things have been going as of late i the old dating dept. prob not. I would probally/hopefully working as an x-ray tech/CT tech over in the UK and saving some bank.

suprised i haven't seen a certain someone already say this but...

eleventy isn't a number!

MUAHAHAHHAHA. Okay i'll leave this thread now.

...:pirate:

yes it is, i saw it on the internet, therefore its totally true. you take it back. now!

Finished with my CS degree

Moving wherever there's a good job offer (preferably CA at this point)

Civic will be paid off and I'll buy a Stingray as my graduation/found-a-job present to myself

awesome, Ryan :D I can't wait until you get a stingray :D

I've worked with a lot of people who moved to Cali from the east to work. They all thought the money CA companies pay is so much more than what eastern companies pay, but the thing is that cost-of-living in Cali is so high that the money is less, relatively...

I wish you all the best :D

everyone else, it's nice to hear what others want and think about life...I'm enjoying this thread :D thanks Mike :D

I know the cost of living is higher there, but there's more job opportunities there for CS, and I need a change of scenery. Not saying that's where I'll end up, but anywhere on the west coast would be nice for a couple of years. Like I said, by around 2014, I'll be looking to move on.

It all depends where I can find a good job. If there's a good one in Idaho, I'd move there.

I heeeerd that! Hell if I found a good job in Canadia I'd be packin' up. But I guess that's easy to say when you don't have too many ties.

Yea, I know I said Canadia, it's more awesomer that way :D

Ryan,

Thats cool. How long until you finish?

Are you going for a 2 or 4 year degree?

In Feburary of 2009 I start Auto Mechanic School. That will go for about a year and a half. Then I will apprentice under my friend who has at least 30 years in the field. I will eventually get "ASE" certified. I will be 27 years old when I finish up the school.

- Max

How come u wanna work in the UK?

eh, because its different and i would also like to play soccer in a different culture than over here...Plus it will be like geting paid to travel all at once. It'd only be for a year or two anyways..also lol id like to find a mint edm sol with the trans top etc. and bring it back state side, idk if they have them (i think so) but an LHD would be ideal for me, since RHD doesnt do anything for me except for being completely different and unatural feeing.

Archived