The where do you see your self in 5 years thread!

mpearce1974

I'll be graduated with my degree by then so I'll probably be working for some accounting firm and or bank climbing the branches. Family/kids more than likely have that settled by then but who knows. I'll probably still be living in or around Columbus as I do now but hopefully be in my own house. Surely wont be my dreamhome, but 2 car garage and a basement will be all I'll need to be happy. I'll also probably be taking strictly night classes 2-3 times a week in pursuit of my masters degree in accountng/CPA and all that BS.

Cars I'll be driving the same Sol around but probably will be more of a fair weather car. My main DD will probably end up being a newer/nicer 4x4 Ranger, or other small truck that'll have a few mods like exhaust, etc. just to give me a little bit of feeling the Sol gives me lol. If gas prices/etc. or the whole electric car scene changes like that in the nexy five years I guess that probably end up being my first new vehicle purchase but i dont see that happening quite so fast.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished with my CS degree

Moving wherever there's a good job offer (preferably CA at this point)

Civic will be paid off and I'll buy a Stingray as my graduation/found-a-job present to myself

Work my way into some kind of career involving artificial intelligence or begin to set up my own company with colleagues.

Hopefully find a nice girl to settle down with by this point as well, because I won't be doing much more moving around.

im going tonight!, is it bad for you?, cause i dont smoke anything else

quite whoring mike's thread!!!

is that an oxymoron? >_< :D

it is bad for you, a lot worse than cigarettes because it lasts so much longer. If you're not doing it super consistently, it won't have that much of an effect, but the chance is always there. again, have you turned 18 yet? they won't let you go in and buy tobacco if you're not 18. that's exactly what hookah is, tobacco and molasses :drool:

quite whoring mike's thread!!!

is that an oxymoron?>_< :D

it is bad for you, a lot worse than cigarettes because it lasts so much longer. If you're not doing it super consistently, it won't have that much of an effect, but the chance is always there. again, have you turned 18 yet? they won't let you go in and buy tobacco if you're not 18. that's exactly what hookah is, tobacco and molasses :drool:

no im not 18 neither is my gf but they let us in anyway

ill help with the importing!, but i see myself in school getting ready to start my own shop/garage, doint anything and everthing with imports, from motor work to body work, and selling the goods in the shop :thumbsup:

BS you'll still be posting sh*t threads here about what car we think you should trade your heap for.

I'm not whining kiddo.

I'm calling it as I see it. I'm calling it as many other people here see it, and just won't say.

By the way, try stepping your f*cking grammar and spelling game up.

We've all done our share of whoring. It's not really harming anyone.

Especially in a thread made by a whore of epic proportions.

But the "real" threads need to have the whoring toned back a tad.

And we could probably do without 20 new threads a day by the same person. Combine them into one thread if you must.

We've all done our share of whoring. It's not really harming anyone.

Especially in a thread made by a whore of epic proportions.

But the "real" threads need to have the whoring toned back a tad.

And we could probably do without 20 new threads a day by the same person. Combine them into one thread if you must.

Ryan, there's a difference between whoring, and making eleventy billion threads about the same, mundane thing. I've pretty much let it go, but the fact remains that Dwayne is a pretty crap poster. Far too many people use these forums as an IM service, and it really needs to stop.

Three scenario's that I can see happening...

1. General Manager at Wawa (my current job) making upwards of 100K a year, but that could only happen if I stay with the company that long and work my way up...so far in 6 months I've been promoted twice, so that's cool...also married with a kid or two in a nice house

2. Working for my dad at Key Advisers in Media. PA...married with a kid or two in a nice house..

3. LAST RESORT --> Touring worldwide with my band...this would be incredibly awesome, but wouldn't pay very well and I'd probably be living the life of a metal head, which is something i don't really dig.

I would be perfectly content with 1/2, and 3 would be a lot of fun, but I want to be financially stable and have a good family life rather than party and die early from lung cancer...

I'll be out of college, hopefully with a nice job at a firm in the city or wherever my job takes me. What job I'll be doing depends on if I choose an entrepreneurship or human resources concentration for management, or just change my major altogether to marketing. I'd like to get a job at Canon USA in upper management or marketing, that would be sweet.

Archived