Gas omg

hiemsnox

Next time it BJ time take me with you! :thumbsup:

If I didn't know you guys were talking about a grocery store already, I would be more than a little bit worried. Furthermore what the hell is BJ's? We only have Sam's Club/Costo up here.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I didn't know you guys were talking about a grocery store already, I would be more than a little bit worried. Furthermore what the hell is BJ's? We only have Sam's Club/Costo up here.

BJ's is like Costco, just not quite as awesome.

bjs_wholesale.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

crazy to think that something i started could have gone on so long... but as most threads it gets off topic now and then...

so back to topic i guess... i am seeing gas at $1.41 and with a krojer card u get $0.10 off per gallon... so i'm rockin a $1.31 price right now...i cant even spend $13 to fill my whole tank!

holding at around $1.90 in riverside next to the freeway, the chevron further back is in the $1.70-$1.80 range. unfortunately i've noticed alot more people driving than normally prolly due to ppl preparing for holidays, so gas will most likely jump up a little.

Last week I filled up for $1.47 in Mechanicsburg of all places.

This week I got it for $1.55 in my town of 1200 people in the middle of nowhere. Go figure?

so today while i was out driving i saw the most amazing thing...gas was $1.97...its been so long since ive seen gas under 2 dollars!!!

na i seen it for $1.50 hahaha i was like WTF it shocked me

This gas prices really does help combat that for the average person, hopefully it continues. Recession hasn't really affected me in anyway but Hell before the recession with $4.00+ Gas I wasnt happen. SO I could imagine how bad it be if the recession hit you hard and we had those gas prices.

This gas prices really does help combat that for the average person, hopefully it continues. Recession hasn't really affected me in anyway but Hell before the recession with $4.00+ Gas I wasnt happen. SO I could imagine how bad it be if the recession hit you hard and we had those gas prices.

So far *knock on wood* the recession is helping me. Lower gas prices is the biggest plus since I drive so much for work. I'm saving about $150 a month in gas alone over 3-4 months ago. As long as I keep my job (make it through budget this month and I'm good) then the recession shouldn't effect me that much. I'm even able to re-finance the house loan to pay off debt through it all so I'll actually come out of this recession in better shape than when we went into it.

I feel bad for the people on the other end of it though....the ones that are getting hit hard and losing their jobs because of it all. I'm blessed to have a government job that can't "really" be cut... *knock on wood again*.

^^ Seb, it is difficult to compare your situation though. Your fuel is more expensive due to your geography but because of your geography and the layout of your country and cities your average person there doesn't drive as much as people here do.

Everything is super spread out over long distances here so we burn through a lot more fuel per person.

Back up to $1.65 here. Costs me about $15 to fill up and that lasts me 4 days.

nah its not that...it's due to the government putting a whopping 50-60% tax on petrol (note, we also have to pay road tax on top of that, which can be about £100-£300 a year). And the fact that the gov can do whatever they want pretty much to rip money out of us. we've got like the most expensive fuel in Europe.

But yeah to an extent it is because you guys can cover more distance than us, but for the average American, you wouldn't really travel any further, as its not as if you all do massive trips all the time. Its just the fact that if the USA whacked your fuel up to our prices, the whole of America would cry in outrage.

We were up to near those prices this summer. It was around $4.50 here.

And collectively, I drive across the width of your country twice a week.

nah its not that...it's due to the government putting a whopping 50-60% tax on petrol (note, we also have to pay road tax on top of that, which can be about £100-£300 a year). And the fact that the gov can do whatever they want pretty much to rip money out of us. we've got like the most expensive fuel in Europe.

But yeah to an extent it is because you guys can cover more distance than us, but for the average American, you wouldn't really travel any further, as its not as if you all do massive trips all the time. Its just the fact that if the USA whacked your fuel up to our prices, the whole of America would cry in outrage.

back when i was in college, i'd probably be doing about 300 miles a week too, so it ain't really that different...

Sure you might be but Im sure on average we drive more than you guys do per day. And besides you can't just claim we have it easy over here when prices for everything is different. With exchange rates, different wages, etc. I mean even in America cost of living is significantly higher in some states but you will likely be getting paid alot more in that state as well in many cases. Same case for countries.

Actually, it really depends on where you live in the UK. For someone in London, they may not use as much gas as someone who lives in the countryside like I do. In large cities, public transport is much more accessible, and a far more cost effective method of transportation than driving. Not to mention, there's more of a selection- taxi's, buses, trains, metro/underground and for the health concious you could even walk!

However, for me it's 10 miles (one way) just to get to the nearest town [worth going to- there's a few others that are closer, but they only have a post office, general store & a bank], and it's 25 miles (one way) to get to the closest city. Now take into account that I used to travel to and from town at least twice a day, sometimes up to 4 times a day. That's 40-80 miles in one day just to go to town and back, let alone all the other places/villages I'd sometimes go to throughout the day. That's well over double the amount that I travel in the states. At most, I probably travel about 20-30 miles daily around here, but I spend the same amount of time in traffic as I did driving the 80 miles a day. When gas is nearly (or over) $4 a LITRE, rather than a gallon and your money is being given to you in dollars, it certainly takes a toll on your bank account. I had $2000 a month (plus the £'s that I made at work) which for NC would make life pretty comfortable for me. However, in England I wouldn't have been able to live on my own on that amount because of how much I was paying out in gas costs every week- if it wasn't for the fact that I was living with my mum, I probably would've been broke and living on someone's sofa. In Britain, for most things you'll pay the same number amount but instead of a dollar symbol in front of it, it'll be a pound sign. And, you get a smaller amount for the money. ie- US cola cans hold 355ml. UK cola cans hold 335ml. To come over here after spending a long time there, everything seems excessively large and much cheaper because of the quantity vs. price.

edit- I forgot to mention, america doesn't have half the amount of taxes that britain has. they have some similar but they aren't as expensive nor do they nickel and dime you the way that britain does. Therefore, to a brit it does seem like the cost of living is less.

Actually, it really depends on where you live in the UK. For someone in London, they may not use as much gas as someone who lives in the countryside like I do. In large cities, public transport is much more accessible, and a far more cost effective method of transportation than driving. Not to mention, there's more of a selection- taxi's, buses, trains, metro/underground and for the health concious you could even walk!

However, for me it's 10 miles (one way) just to get to the nearest town [worth going to- there's a few others that are closer, but they only have a post office, general store & a bank], and it's 25 miles (one way) to get to the closest city. Now take into account that I used to travel to and from town at least twice a day, sometimes up to 4 times a day. That's 40-80 miles in one day just to go to town and back, let alone all the other places/villages I'd sometimes go to throughout the day. That's well over double the amount that I travel in the states. At most, I probably travel about 20-30 miles daily around here, but I spend the same amount of time in traffic as I did driving the 80 miles a day. When gas is nearly (or over) $4 a LITRE, rather than a gallon and your money is being given to you in dollars, it certainly takes a toll on your bank account. I had $2000 a month (plus the £'s that I made at work) which for NC would make life pretty comfortable for me. However, in England I wouldn't have been able to live on my own on that amount because of how much I was paying out in gas costs every week- if it wasn't for the fact that I was living with my mum, I probably would've been broke and living on someone's sofa. In Britain, for most things you'll pay the same number amount but instead of a dollar symbol in front of it, it'll be a pound sign. And, you get a smaller amount for the money. ie- US cola cans hold 355ml. UK cola cans hold 335ml. To come over here after spending a long time there, everything seems excessively large and much cheaper because of the quantity vs. price.

edit- I forgot to mention, america doesn't have half the amount of taxes that britain has. they have some similar but they aren't as expensive nor do they nickel and dime you the way that britain does. Therefore, to a brit it does seem like the cost of living is less.

We also pay for our own healthcare, at least 1 reason we don't have as much in taxes.

Archived