Official General Photography Thread Part II

CRG7

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no cure for L fever :pirate:

Just some random shots from today. I love the colors from my 17-40. It almost looks like I'm using a polarizer. I also found out coffee filters work great for setting a custom white balance

IMG_2943copy.jpg

IMG_3175.jpg

My glass takes 77mm filters

IMG_3226.jpg

Wish i had some clue as to WTF yall are talking about. I think taking pictures for a living would be awesome, but i pretty much suck at it. On top of that, add to the fact that im a noob with anything concerning phots, and its a bad combination...

I just received my new Sigma 70-300 APO DG Macro plus adapter for lens reversing. I played with some pictures with my 50mm f1.8 reversed onto the Sigma. Here's a series of pictures.

This was the closest I could get without Macro Setting on the Sigma

2008-03-31_3.jpg

THis was the closest with the Macro Setting

2008-03-31_1_1.jpg

And now for a couple reversed 50mm f1.8

70mm on the Sigma

2008-03-31.jpg

300mm (I think this one was without the Macro switched on with the Sigma)

2008-03-31_8.jpg

300mm (I'm positive the Macro was switched on the Sigma for this one)

2008-03-31_2.jpg

I want to say razor thin DOF on the last shot which makes me wonder......could I photograph the edge of a razor with this setup?>....might be my next test.

Oh....and here's the closest I could focus with the Sigma w/ Macro enabled @300mm.

2008-03-31_10.jpg

100% Crop

2008-03-31_10-crop.jpg

I know the pictures aren't particularly interesting, but the close focusing is amazing. This new setup is gonna be a lot of fun when it stops raining and I can get out on a bright day and play.

Some pics from Florida, all taken with the 17-40mm f/4L

My friend Troy

IMG_3263.jpg

My friend Tommy

IMG_3294.jpg

Taken while walking around some strip mall. Rushed the composition on this one :/

IMG_3364.jpg

Fellow photographer in the wild! Gripped 5D with what might be a 50mm f/1.2. A little out of focus, taken out the car window.

IMG_3378.jpg

The bridge to St. Armen's. ISO1600, .3"

IMG_3384.jpg

Some more for now

Troy

IMG_3422.jpg

Me

IMG_3423.jpg

Troy

IMG_3425.jpg

Me. Way to take a crap shot Troy.

IMG_3428.jpg

Another bridge shot. This one looks awesome as a print.

IMG_3446.jpg

Troy needs to pull his pants up, lol.

And the pic of the first bridge really makes me not like the fact that Nikon doesn't has CMOS and you do.... Virtually no noise for as high of an ISO you shot that at.

EDIT: Finally broke down and got PS to process pics... Some minor edits to come shortly.

Archived