Official General Photography Thread Part II

CRG7

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow very nice! you guys are so talented :)

I got my pic from Nate :D yaaay! It's going on my room wall hehe.......my camera/pic taking abilities don't do justice to this pic...

looks soooooo awesome!! :D

ppppiiiink.jpg

You need a good macro

Yes I do. Unfortunately the good Macro I want is about a grand which is about 1,000 more than I have to spend right now. Plus I want a Sigma 10-20 for my next purchase to start working on landscape stuff.

What's wrong the the 60mm marco

Only like 300ish

Well, nothing optically, but to get 1:1 with a 60mm would put me really close to the "subject". If I got a dedicated macro lens I would want to photograph insects and stuff and it would be hard with the 60mm. 105mm f2.8 VR would be the best.

I've seen used 55mm Macro's for even less than the 300ish. I need to pick one up next time I see it and start using it. Would be worlds better I'm sure......however I've been shooting my macro's at around f22 and higher most of the time so I'm not sure I"d see much optical difference. 1:1 would be super nice though.

that would be a sweet pic if it wasn't for the two goons making eyes at you.

browsing through your photobucket album is phenomenal btw

i like this one:

IMG_4176.jpg

If you shot Canon you could get the MP-E 65mm

5:1 baby

crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Chris....many, many times I wish I had gone Canon instead of Nikon. I love certain things about my Nikon like the 1/500th flash sync which I use a lot, but when I upgrade in the future I'll probably get a D300 which for the same price I could probably get the 5d. Who knows, I may sell all my stuff and make the switch when I upgrade. I'm very appealed by the 40d. About the same price as the D200.

Chris....many, many times I wish I had gone Canon instead of Nikon. I love certain things about my Nikon like the 1/500th flash sync which I use a lot, but when I upgrade in the future I'll probably get a D300 which for the same price I could probably get the 5d. Who knows, I may sell all my stuff and make the switch when I upgrade. I'm very appealed by the 40d. About the same price as the D200.

I regret not going Canon.

Archived