Samba #2!!

mpearce1974

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya I would have liked that too. But I figured you'd appreciate the GSR one over that riced out bullit one. hahaha

IC, well keep on the look out for the seats I want!:)

this car better be around long enough for me to help you swap a nice engine in it. if you want to piece together a decent swap i'll assemble it here in chicago for ya and ship it out ready to drop in

maybe i should build and swap my b16 into the hatch...and trade it for a sol...hmmmmm

yeah mike find out if the shifters are the same and when i put my short shifter in you can have mine. just pay shipping lol

yea mike done alot already.

Not much to report, waiting on parts!:wub:

Got new parts!!

Interior door handles $38.35 each dealer

Targa handles $13.95 each dealer

glove box latch $9.85 dealer (thank god!!!!!)

block offs for door handles

All spray tint and clear spray for stock rear tails, 3rd brake light, and front bumper replectors

All 4 new brake rotors $54.00 for all OEM replacements

Hawk pads

All my motor flush and oil change stuff, and Seafoam.

NGK plugs of course

Tons more on the way, looks like I will have a fun week!

ES bushing kit

Stock trailing arm bushings

Skunk2 full coilover setup

new cat for exhaust when it goes in, need to order header

both close to mint as Del Sol door panels can be

replacement targa (Samba even)

rear speaker covers,

new Pioneer CD\MP3 player

Alpine TypeR components (again) 2 sets

Stock tails

and some other stuff I am no doubt forgetting!!:D

mike you need to do a write up on how you clean ur engine bay! i really want to do that to mine... im just not sure on the cleaning agent you use or methodology. :D

mike you need to do a write up on how you clean ur engine bay! i really want to do that to mine... im just not sure on the cleaning agent you use or methodology. :D

You will have a PM shortly!:laugh:

looks good cant believe you got it for a g but that is good and happy to see that you redid the tails and the head lights they were like rice to me but its all good. so what motor are you going to go with for this

looks good cant believe you got it for a g but that is good and happy to see that you redid the tails and the head lights they were like rice to me but its all good. so what motor are you going to go with for this

Stayin with Z6 for now, then possibly B-18, with B-16 head, and B16 LSD trans. If it has not been played out too much!:p

Stayin with Z6 for now, then possibly B-18, with B-16 head, and B16 LSD trans. If it has not been played out too much!:p

ls-vtec? hmm dont think its going to be cheap lol..

many people think its a cheap way to get some power but its not...... not if you want it to be reliable at least l

many people think its a cheap way to get some power but its not...... not if you want it to be reliable at least l

Not caring if cheap, and I am doing complete rebuild, not just throwing things together.:D

Not caring if cheap, and I am doing complete rebuild, not just throwing things together.:D

alright thats good to hear :D

just a lot of people here think its cheap and it kind of is but then they start having problems with it later on

i want a lsd b16 for my swap....but jesus its expensive

hell yea i love the b16 trans so much with lsd i hvae it and god do i love it

h8chu

it can be reliable, they just dont like high revs too much

alright thats good to hear :D

just a lot of people here think its cheap and it kind of is but then they start having problems with it later on

only real problems you have is getting it in time at first, and making sure you have the right head gasket.

mike if you do go ls-vtec i have a 100% write up from websites around. it even has pictures :D

Yeah I want my freakin 96-98 GSR seats like I had in my other Samba Sol!blush.gif

HPIM1262.jpg

i has tan ones :)

mike probably has plenty of know how on ls vtec.. hes an old fart remember? hes been around longer then us

hahahah

• 2 weeks later...

Well stock tinted tails are in, stereo system is in, sound deadening is almost done, new carpet will arrive very soon(thats when I post pics) Alot of parts are on their way to make interior 100%. New door panels are in, instead of Skunks I am going with Ksport lowering springs, and Tokico blues. Waiting to lower until I get Rear LCA's, and Camber kit for rear, and front A-arms. Might be ordering rims soon as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Couple things!

Have new carpet but not installed yet!

New custom made floor mats plain black!

Tails lightly tinted and installed!

Sound deadening installed and almost complete!

Stereo system is roughed in and awaiting me to complete my interior!

Good as Del Sol door panels get are in and sound deadened on doors, and underside of door panel!

New interior door handles are in thank god!!

New targa handles!

Snapped a pic with one of each in on tails.:D

HPIM3733.jpg

Installed Alpine TypeR components, tweets look sweet!:)

HPIM3719.jpg

Fitment of new mats!:)

HPIM3776.jpg

HPIM3777.jpg

Thank god they added sticker it may of taken me hours to figure it out!:crazy: Just realized I forgo to pick up a brake pedal cover!!:sleep2:

HPIM3778.jpg

Archived