Samba #2!!

mpearce1974

All black wheels fail. Don't go there! (although they are pretty damn nice wheels).

I think gold wheels always look good on samba sols...

I wish I could find these again!:blush:

HPIM1050.jpg

HPIM1076.jpg

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a dark wheel would look best on the Samba. I really like my Enkei RPF1 type 2s in charcoal gray. Not cheap but very good quality and very light. My 17s weigh the same as my stock 15s.

I think a dark wheel would look best on the Samba. I really like my Enkei RPF1 type 2s in charcoal gray. Not cheap but very good quality and very light. My 17s weigh the same as my stock 15s.

Oh I agree, but I just dont want solid color. If that rim had a polished lip I would be all over it. I am thinking of anodizing the SRI in black. Then it will look like black chrome as well.

I am also looking for carpet, but I need input from some one who has actually used the seller and carpet they recommend. I am picky as hell and it has to be perfect, or I will hunt you down and keel you!:laugh:

lol wish I could help with the carpet but don't know any...

After closer inspection carpet is good just heel pad area is gone, so new floor mats and a good cleaning after I take it out and install Fat Mat from Fire wall to below rear window, and do my stereo wiring will do the trick!

Ordered Fat Mat, and CD Player today! Already have amp, Alpine TypeR components, and nice amp install kit from a former project I never used it on!:)

drad23.mbr.large.jpgdrad31.br.large.jpgzigfn1.br.large.jpg

okay that was for me and seb's gold/bronze wheel love

i was trying to find a pair like your old ones but i found these:

drad9.gbm.large.jpgdrad23.gbl.large.jpgdrad30.bmf.large.jpgkonswu.mbu.large.jpgkonlac.bmf.large.jpgtswse4.large.jpgzigfn1.large.jpg

these are mine but in black: drad17.gbm.large.jpg

okay im done

Thanks for the help on the rims Sarah, I have not seen any like my old ones since I bought them!:blush: I am wanting to stay with a darker rim to go with my smoke, and black theme. The 5 spoke Drags are ones I am considering, I cant stand solid colored rims! Windows are getting tinted 20%, tails smoked, and I already did black aux lights and head lights.

I got my quote on getting 2 1\4" exhaust from new header to tip. Was $300.00, custom bent piping FTW!:D

i love my drag wheels

well as far as the spoke convo.. when i had the thicker spoke white rims the LOOKED like 17's.. with the thinner spoke 17s i have now they dont look so big.. most people think they are 16s or something

i love my drag wheels

well as far as the spoke convo.. when i had the thicker spoke white rims the LOOKED like 17's.. with the thinner spoke 17s i have now they dont look so big.. most people think they are 16s or something

Yeah I can get those Drag 5 spoke black with polished lip, and Yokohama S. drives, mounted, balanced and shipped for $630.00!:)

Thanks Ryan! You knows I likes me a clean engine compartment!8)

Here is link to for sale thread as well.

My link

On another note looks like I may be getting my rims like on my 1st Samba! Friend found company on the web!!!

Wheel #10

The Sol is looking great Mike! Ash and I are both really glad it went to someone that really cares about it!! Can't wait to see how this progresses... even though I am an Audi guy at heart... :p

Hey Ben! Yeah she will be getting the full treatment! I ordered:

Complete ES bushing kit

Found 2 mint door panels (as stock Del Sol door panels can be)

Ordered that Samba green Targa that is in mint condition

PS window switch

working a deal for front portion of center console

Working same guy for trunk carpet

Buying new drilled rotors from great local brake shop

Ordered my cat, and will be getting complete exhaust done at shop, after I buy my header

Working at finding a stock shifter, if david's is the same as Sol I will take his!

Ordered Fat mat, so as soon as it gets here I will be gutting interior

Ordered Pioneer CD player

Ordered another set of Alpine TypeR components just to use the woofers for bass in rears, sold tweeters and crossovers

already have another set of Alpine TypeR's for the fronts installing as soon as its matted and door panels arrive!

Already have JL Audio 4 channel amp, never used in my hatch

Buddy is sending me a set of stock tails , I will smoke those and install.

Will smoke bumper reflectors and 3rd brake light as well

Skunk2 full coilovers from great guy!:)

New VSR rims like on my former Sol, possibly 2000 SI rims from above great guy!:D

Have not been under it yet, so list will be expanding! I almost forgot how fun these are to work on!

Question man, when you replaced clutch did you drain and refill tranny, what did you use?? Thing shifts like butter, just curious.

Man Mike! You have a crap ton on the docket for the car. Like I said I can't wait to see how this bitchola turns out! Sure sounds like it's going to be sweet!

i see i hope he sees the old samba #1

And yup, I have seen both cars and they looked great!

Question man, when you replaced clutch did you drain and refill tranny, what did you use?? Thing shifts like butter, just curious.

I used Castrol syntec I believe. I always loved how that car shifted after the clutch job! Smooth as silk!

Man Mike! You have a crap ton on the docket for the car. Like I said I can't wait to see how this bitchola turns out! Sure sounds like it's going to be sweet!

I used Castrol syntec I believe. I always loved how that car shifted after the clutch job! Smooth as silk!

Indeed, I just want stock shifter back!:p I dont like how in 5th and Reverse it hits E-brake!:blush:

Archived