Samba #2!!

mpearce1974

Well at long last I have another Samba! It is going to be quite a project, but will be fun as hell! Resurrecting a Sol is always fun! So here begins the Resurrection!8) Little history: found it on CL listed at $2500 OBO, well due to suspect title history that previous owner knew nothing about, I was able to get it for $1000.00 after showing the car fax!! The guy was very cool, and a joy to deal with, and is very interested in what I do with the car. So I will be sending him a link to this thread so he can be kept up to date on Sol resurrection. I have big plans, and will need parts, time, money, and a little sweat on this one!:) Car has new timing belt, water pump, tensioner, clutch kit, tires, windshield, tune up, among other things. No RUST and only one bad spot on body, and it is not very bad at all. So here are a few pics as a setup.

HPIM3634.jpg

HPIM3630.jpg

HPIM3633.jpg

HPIM3632.jpg

HPIM3631.jpg

HPIM3635.jpg

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice. Glad he Did let it go after you showed him that. Imma suggest Stock wing. Thats Just Me.

Cant Wait to See it Become as nice as the Previous Samba.

yeah we dont want another brian running around :D

nice pick up mike. ditch the tails, they are icky

Thanks guys!

Tails are being replaced by stockers after tinting! Rims are going bye bye, and I am thinking on modified Meshies. Headlights and aux lights like in my SIG are on their way here. Picking up Skunk2 coil overs that are less than a year old with less than 4K miles I am thinking for $340!8) Also am currently making a listt for the Reverend to get all interior parts I need. I will be adding more pics, and high lights along the way of course!:)

Well, I guess it's just me that actually LIKES those tail lights... Oh well. If you seriously are getting rid of them, drop me a line. I think they might look good on my Cypress green.

Well, I guess it's just me that actually LIKES those tail lights... Oh well. If you seriously are getting rid of them, drop me a line. I think they might look good on my Cypress green.

PM me a offer and they are yours.

I also have the chrome housing AM aux lights as well and the Chrome housing headlights as well that are up for grabs as well. Found a set of stock corners as well in trunk,perfect no tabs broken, no hazing.

I'd say those tails look pretty good on colters sol, but that's only because the red in them matches the paintwork...

On the green they just don't look right, and especially since they were tinted. And mike, don't tint the new tails!

Oh the new stock tails will be tinted as well but only as much as the ones on my black Sol. Perfect amount,:D and will look good with tinted 20% windows! Plus I am thinking something a little different with meshies!:happy:

HPIM3119.jpg

aweeeesome! :D Very nice find!

Are you going to keep the front license plate (even though it's the law) ? I think cars look better without :p

I can't wait to see the "cleaned up" pics :D So excited!

Wow, good start. The lights look 10x better, same goes with the engine bay!

Thanks guys, now if only I could find a decent set of damn rims!!!!!:mad:

Thinking on these look almost like black chrome, but I am not sure I want a all black rim!!!

Archived