CIVIC or COROLLA ?

titani

Hello,

Although my 1992 Accord is running fine, I am itching for a new car. I narrowed things down to either the 2009 Civic or the 2009 Corolla. The Civic has the Honda Quality. The Corolla seems roomier on the inside. The Civic has a great reputation. The Corolla is less costly. The Civic is sporty. I prefer the conservative look of the Corolla. Which way should I go?

Thanks.

take a test drive. All toyotas ive ever driven have crappy suspensions, crappy interiors, and well are horrible expensive to repair.

i personaly would say honda

but then again your asking this question on a honda board (duh)

Test Drive them both, sure the corolla is a little more roomier but it is "cheaper", it will cost you to fix em'. as is the civic more sporty but their versetile.

Cost to fix-em? Toyota is every bit as reliable as Honda if not even more so. I had a 1989 Corolla w/ 210,000 miles when I wrecked it, my wife had a 1989 Camry that had 178,000 miles when we sold it. Both ran like new with absolutely no mechanical problems. (granted, Honda's have similar stories)...my point is that you won't be spending money to "fix em'" with a toyota.

That said, if you like the conservative looks of the Corolla, then don't rule them out. I personally really like the looks of the new Corollas. Test drive them both and see which feels best to you. Both are very comparable and both are going to have incredible reliability.

Cost to fix-em? Toyota is every bit as reliable as Honda if not even more so. I had a 1989 Corolla w/ 210,000 miles when I wrecked it, my wife had a 1989 Camry that had 178,000 miles when we sold it. Both ran like new with absolutely no mechanical problems. (granted, Honda's have similar stories)...my point is that you won't be spending money to "fix em'" with a toyota.

That said, if you like the conservative looks of the Corolla, then don't rule them out. I personally really like the looks of the new Corollas. Test drive them both and see which feels best to you. Both are very comparable and both are going to have incredible reliability.

This.

I have 2 Toyotas and a DSM, guess which ones are more reliable? Both of my Toyotas are over 15 years old, and still run strong.

test drive both. my sisters newer corolla isn't bad, only thing i don't like is the steering wheel feels like its flat against the dash. i feel like i'm crammed against the front. when i test drove an 08 si i fit just fine, but it was an si and it was a coupe.

I'm part and partial to any Honda, but that's just me. For those saying how reliable their 15-20 year old Toyota's are, that's great, but we're talking a 2009 Toyota and nobody really knows how well it's going to hold up against a 2009 Honda.

I'm part and partial to any Honda, but that's just me. For those saying how reliable their 15-20 year old Toyota's are, that's great, but we're talking a 2009 Toyota and nobody really knows how well it's going to hold up against a 2009 Honda.

Well, yeah, but you can say the same about Honda....it's a 2009 and nobody knows how well a 2009 Honda will hold up against the rest. However, in the past 50 years, neither Honda nor Toyota has let us down on reliability issues so it's probably safe to say that either of the two 2009 models will have the reliability that we've come to trust out of both companies.

I agree they are both reliable!

I just think Toyota Corolla/Camry and such are boring...If I ever get a Toyota like that, someone slap me please :D

You could go with base Civic so it's not as expensive...also search a lot of dealers and haggle! With the economy, car dealerships are selling for less :D

Well, yeah, but you can say the same about Honda....it's a 2009 and nobody knows how well a 2009 Honda will hold up against the rest. However, in the past 50 years, neither Honda nor Toyota has let us down on reliability issues so it's probably safe to say that either of the two 2009 models will have the reliability that we've come to trust out of both companies.

+1

I agree they are both reliable!

I just think Toyota Corolla/Camry and such are boring...If I ever get a Toyota like that, someone slap me please :D

You could go with base Civic so it's not as expensive...also search a lot of dealers and haggle! With the economy, car dealerships are selling for less :D

2009_camry_se_2.jpg

2009_toyota_corolla_dt9b.jpg

i think they look pretty good considering how they used to look.

im biased

make sure if you do get the toyota its not an 5sfe engine. i had to replace the one in the old camry at 50,xxx and found out it has loads of problems and its the one they use a lot.

my camry was beyond a nightmare.. it was cursed so i will stay with honda, but ultimately the decision is yours. also, honda still has a higher re-sale value if that matters to you at all.

I can't date you now loool jk

lol wtf?

i'm deff. biased towards honda because of their aftermarket support and they are more sport oriented. just saying that the new corolla and camry aren't that bad, not good, just not bad. if you could afford it i'd say go for the avalon, poor mans bmw/mercedes/lexus, but almost as nice, and they are quick as hell too

im biased

make sure if you do get the toyota its not an 5sfe engine. i had to replace the one in the old camry at 50,xxx and found out it has loads of problems and its the one they use a lot.

my camry was beyond a nightmare.. it was cursed so i will stay with honda, but ultimately the decision is yours. also, honda still has a higher re-sale value if that matters to you at all.

False. The 5SFE engine is an awesome engine, you just got a bad one.

lol wtf?

i'm deff. biased towards honda because of their aftermarket support and they are more sport oriented. just saying that the new corolla and camry aren't that bad, not good, just not bad. if you could afford it i'd say go for the avalon, poor mans bmw/mercedes/lexus, but almost as nice, and they are quick as hell too

lol just joking :D

ya they aren't bad cars...I was just saying they are boring...not fun to drive IMO...

Agreed. I had one in my celica and it was a great engine...no problems at all. Mine had over 100k when I sold it (don't remember exactly how many miles). It was a weak engine (power wise) but I've found out since selling it that it can be boosted pretty safely to around mid 200's whp. Wish I had known that back then....probably would have boosted instead of ricerized.

i will take your word for it. i dont have the pos anymore.. i feel bad for the poor bastard that does. seriously it was f*ckin cursed. the mechanics would just drop their eyes when they saw me coming. now i refuse to own another yoda. my dad has had similar luck with his last 2 yodas. i'll stick with hondas, i have better luck with them.

Archived