Vent Time

DelSolSweetie

but yah if any guy ever laid a hand on me he would be in jail.. i would never be one of those women who get beat and all that cause 'i love the guy'

It's easy to say such a thing, but it's not really any different than saying that someone treats you like complete sh*t but that "it's okay, I'll wait it out and see how it goes". What he's doing to you is still abuse, it may not be physical, but emotional abuse can scar much longer than physical.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't get to read the story, but I caught a reply as I was scrolling down and it seems like you're having man issues.

The guy is a douche.

looks + cars + seems nice + southern = all kinds of win.

Sweet, I know. But don't e-hug me or anything or Ashley might get jealous and baninate you.

EDIT:

Just read this page. In all seriousness get rid of him. From what I know you were single this summer so you haven't been seeing him long. If thats the case its not worth it putting up with crap already, it will only get worse with time (all my female friends call me when this happens to them and it always ends up like I tell them it will).

Sweet, I know. But don't e-hug me or anything or Ashley might get jealous and baninate you.

good gawd, that made me LOL.

but seriously. dump him already. if he isnt falling head over heels into holes for you, he aint worth your time.:thumbsup:

When you get back from your movie and get on here to read this, I'm guessing you won't be feeling groovy.

Tell yourself he is a POS and there is someone way better out there for you (because there is).

Now watch this vid and sing along and shed those tears of joy.

if he isnt falling head over heels into holes for you, he aint worth your time.:thumbsup:

i wonder whos done that before! haha

but okay this is the first time ive been at my house since friday afternoon.. been with him the entire time.. and amazingly nothing went wrong.. like no arguements or anything.. it was weird haha

Sarah, im going to tell you this, with the full expectation that you wont listen to it(girls never do, gotta find out the hard way)...

This guy seems to be very good at acting keeping you around. As soon as you get heated with him, he goes into nice guy mode. It wont last, and as everyone said, will get worse.

With that said, glad you had a good time. If he ever does go to swingin on ya, just remember: Bob and Weave

haha i know that it normally gets worse and well if it does then i wont put up with it.. you dont have to believe that either cause i know most people say that and they never do what they say

but im not one to say okay w/e i give up after ive put time into something.. so we'll see how it goes

wouldnt you rather be with someone where you didnt have to worry about it getting worse or not. or if you going to fight that night?

all signs are pointing towards "get the f*ck out!"

but yet youre still running head first into it. dont be with someone only because you dont want to be alone.

Hmmmmmm, sounds like this guy needs a swift kick in the boys.

I say ditch his ass and find someone else. There are a lot more fish in the sea and you'll eventually get your hands on one that'll treat you the way you need to be treated.

BTW, bob and weave is good, but stiff arm to the chest, one step back, draw, and pop pop is so much easier.

umm i dont remember saying i was running headfirst into it? or that i was with him to be with someone?

it just seems that way. im not saying you are.

its just you give us all these reasons on why you shouldnt be with him, but yet you keep giving excuses on why you shouldnt. you keep giving him that one more chance. if you have this many problems this early in a relationship, then it really isnt worth it sarah.

and i also said i didnt tell yall the entire story.. i mean one problem in a week doesnt really outweigh the no problems the rest of the time.. and i think we finally got stuff straight and if we didnt then we'll end up not together..

It's easy to say such a thing, but it's not really any different than saying that someone treats you like complete sh*t but that "it's okay, I'll wait it out and see how it goes". What he's doing to you is still abuse, it may not be physical, but emotional abuse can scar much longer than physical.

I completely agree! :D

Ashley, you rock! :D

I agree with Sarah here unfortunately.

We don't know the entire story, so we can't judge.

She can do whatever she wants.

But personally, these kinds of problems make me glad that I'm not in a relationship.

Screw that noise.

or that i was with him to be with someone?

No, you haven't actually said those words, but that's what your actions are saying.

Why delay the inevitable? Or do you really like to be emotionally abused? Sorry to say, but that is not healthy and I'm guessing that you probably have some pretty good self-esteem issues if you think it's okay to put up with what's going on.

No, we don't know the "whole" story. However, you're with a guy who won't allow you to do the things you are passionate about (racing), won't allow you to speak to your friends (because they're guys), etc. That is not "one problem in a week". Those are long-term problems that won't ever change, he'll simply get more controlling.

Yes, you're going to do whatever it is that you're going to do, and you can get pissy about my saying this if you so choose to, but you're making a really bad decision of you stay with him.

I just had to look this up, because I was 99% sure it was you that made this thread, and turns out I was right. You just got out of a fairly serious relationship this past spring/summer. This whole situation that you have found yourself in now makes it seem as though you really aren't ready to date right now, but that you miss having a relationship because it's what you were accustomed to for a couple of years.

I spent five years in an emotionally abusive relationship because I thought just like you do right now: when it was good, it was good, so it made up for the bad. The good times will get fewer and farther between, but you'll continue to use that rational and then the time you've spent with him will factor in and whatever promises of a future you two hold together will factor in. I'll bet that he'll also make you feel as though he is superior to you, and that you're the one that's lucky to be with him. It's been said countless times in this thread, but the truth is that it won't ever change. It's only going to progress until you're completely miserable, and probably until long after you've forgotten who you are because those things that make you YOU have been stripped from you (he's already doing/done that by isolating you from your friends and not allowing you to, or guilt tripping you if you do race).

So, think what you will, but I'd hate to see someone else suffer in such a way.

Screw that noise.

Agreed. :thumbsup:

haha wow.. i was like i miss the relationship, this sucks, but i have an ipod

i lost that ipod too.. i cant find it anywhere

but yah i know the emotional abuse thing isnt cool.. which is why if he had been doing it i wouldnt have been with him 24/7 all weekend.. i think he might have gotten some sense back in him.. and if it goes back to the bs then we wont last..

and back to the thread with my ex... i was way too young when i got in that relationship and was not acting like myself at all.. that doesnt even really sound like me now that i read it.. me and that guy actually ended up being friends that summer and it went well.. we both knew it was over and we were SOO much happier that way

and i never got in the relationship becuase i wanted one.. actually it was the complete opposite.. i had been in school for about a month and was going to class, going to work, going home.. i would MAYBE go see my "friends" (turns out some of them should have never been called that) on the weekends.. my mom actually introduced me to this guy and my friends at school told me i need to go out on a date cause i never did anything except school and work and SOMETIMES stay and hang out with them.. and well thats how it started... and it kinda stuck.. thats part of you guys dont know the entire story.. i was not looking for a relationship.. i was cool without one cause i figured one might show up sooner or later but i wasnt going out of my way to find a guy

thankyou ryan

and thankyou ashley i understand where your coming from but like i said i have to make my own decision and im not one to quit when there is no proof he is cheating on me.. and he hasnt been doing all that bs.. and i did leave out a large part that makes it more complicated then it is

Sarah, it's gonna hurt much more when it doesn't work in a few months...I'm afraid putting up with abuse like that damages a person too...

I hope good things for you... :)

Ashley, I admire your thinking :) just one thing you two:

Screw that noise.

Agreed.:thumbsup:

fixed: screw that noise, until I find a great person I'm great and happy with :D

Ok, since we don't know the whole story, and obviously don't know your BF... I think everyone here is basing their opinions off situations in their own lives that they think are similar, whether or not they are(that includes me). Now, obviously he isn't perfect, but no one is. Also, you're old enough to know what you're dealing with and make your own decisions. It's your life, he's your boyfriend. If you think he's worth it, stick with him. But, you should go to the track and hang out with your other friends when you want to. Don't let him rule your life just because he's your BF. If he can't live with you being yourself, he doesn't deserve you. If he dumps you because he can't control you, thst's his loss.

ive been talking to my best friend more(hes a guy) and my bf just gives me that look.. haha.. its funny

oh and the situation being more complicated then that is not that im pregnant.. i was thinking about it and it sounds like something crazy happened like i got knocked up.. which i have not

Archived