What's your favourite thing about Winter?

Sapphyre

It's seriously starting to feel like winter here- we even had snow flurries yesterday! I always dread winter- I'm really not a fan of the cold weather and all the holiday season, but for the sake of Chris' happiness I'm trying to change my opinion of it because it's his favourite time of the year. I'm trying to come up with all the reasons why I should like winter... so far, here's my list.

1. Hot chocolate with whipped cream & marshmallows

2. log fires

so, what else?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snowball fights, nothing says "I Love You" like a snowball to the face.. or butt :thumbsup:

"Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland" With significant other, of course.

Driving on hard-packed snow when there aren't any other cars on the road

SNOWBOARDING or Skiing (Especially if you're lucky enough to live somewhere in the country that actually has hills worth mentioning... Ski Roundtop FTL >_< )

Watching little dogs go bounding through the snow :laugh:

I like the holiday season alot even though its stressful. Snow can be fun if you get out and snow sled or something in it, but I seldomly do so its just a complexity and annoyance to every day driving/life in most cases. Fall FTW! Best time of year hands down.

I'm looking forward to Brandon playing in the Snow for the first time. I also look forward to the very, very occasional snow days we get for work.

Not looking forward to.....those snow days where they forget to call and tell me and I drive 40 miles one way to work to find out I"m the only one in the entire building. Last time that happened I just worked that day and stayed home the next day to make up for it......still sucked hardcore though.

Things I like:

Dogs playing in the snow is one of my favs.

Nookie in a snow drift, now there is an adventure everyone should have at least once in their life.

Listening to everyone else complain about winter - to which I answer that they are free to move any time they feel like.

Best part about having a winter is that it makes you truly appreciate spring, summer and fall. (I just got back from SF and it was like a 70 degree groundhog day. Every day the same forecast, same sky, same everything = boring)

Hmm, well theres not much to like around here, but snowboarding....shopping....and going downtown every weekend cause they have the coolest setup for the winter season...lights, parks...awesomeness

Archived