I have come to a decision.

chris_agu28

Well let me explain my situation on this. My family is in need of a car and we just bought two new cars and a house. We also just got our roof redone, brand new hurricane and expensive windows and we are redoing the siding on the house. Well after all this my family can't afford to buy a new car or even a used one. My sister is 16 and she has been sharing my mom's car. After a long talk and thinking this out I need to help the family out and to help them I will give them one of my cars. In this case it would be the honda. The Nissan is not the kinda car to suit my sister and such plus I wanna go drifting every now and then. Another thing I know the honda has or will not give my sister problems, I know it runs perfect now and I want her to be safe and know I am not giving her a piece of crap. So I am giving my parents the honda, I will be signing the title over the day the 240sx is up and running. I mean its not like I am selling it and such plus I know I will still see it and take care of it but not really drive it cause I will not be on the insurance. I have my own insurance. But anyways. I have decided until I get another del sol or whatever I will buy my friend's EF hatch with a b18b in it with the b16 trans and finish it and sport the EF. I gotta finished wiring the engine, put the other CV joint in, put the shift linkage in it. I found out the motor has 55K on it. So I can't go wrong. I am not a big fan of the EF's but everyday I see mpearce1974's hatch I start to like it more and more and its starting to grow on me. I know it won't impress the ladies like the del sol did but I will shock them with how much faster it is compared to the del slo.

Do you think I am doing the right thing in my current situation?

I also want to make the EF look clean something like this.

BABYJ_EF_HATCH2.jpg

or

DSCN0414.jpg

or even better

Sig5.jpg

lol

Any input on the situation or the hatch would be great.

Thanks.

Thats a pretty stand up thing to do. Cuz if you really think about it, your sister does not need a car. But your doin the honerable thing and giving her yours. Your better than most. Much repsect for that decision.

As for the hatch, go for it. worst case senario you can finish it and sell it.

So basically your just pawning one of your cars off for your sister am I right? Sounds good pics of your friends EF and how much are you spending on that?

Not really pawning off one of the cars. lol. I just kinda giving up a honda for another one. But I wish I could keep the del sol. ya know? but hey the family needs it so I decided to give it to them to help them out. The pics above are of different EF's I want it to look something like. Something clean.

I will be spending about 400 to 500 just for the car and he has all the parts in the car. The only thing it is missing is little stuff like a resistor box and such. Here are the pics in this thread just scroll down.

http://www.hondaforums.com/index.php?showt...mp;#entry330810

You had better tell her if she even thinks of selling, to talk to you first! I am speaking from experience, you will miss it badly! :( Every time I see my So lrollin across town I start looking on Craigslist for another one! One day I saw mine and 3 others, and came to a decision to buy one at all cost! :thumbsup:

Found another Samba with AEM CAI, Act Clutch, new brakes, tires, Skunk2 Intake, and B&M short shifter, ect! For $4200, the kicker is it only has 67,000 miles and is near mint condition! :drool:

You had better tell her if she even thinks of selling, to talk to you first! I am speaking from experience, you will miss it badly! :( Every time I see my So lrollin across town I start looking on Craigslist for another one! One day I saw mine and 3 others, and came to a decision to buy one at all cost! :thumbsup:

Found another Samba with AEM CAI, Act Clutch, new brakes, tires, Skunk2 Intake, and B&M short shifter, ect! For $4200, the kicker is it only has 67,000 miles and is near mint condition! :drool:

+1, and pearce you need to find me one!!! i cant find any, or any that are worth buying/trading

:( im sorry

Yeah It will be fine but I am not leaving the honda family so its all good.

better not be the hatch with the big honda symbol on the back :nono:

No sarah I know you don't like that hatch or even B engines so I bet you are hating me right now. lol. That hatch is a EG mine will be a EF.

Trust me, I told my family Unless it gets in a wreck, DO NOT SELL IT. That is the only request I have about it. So do you think a upgrade/downgrade (how ever you look at it) to a EG del sol to a EF hatch is a good decision.

Now is a good time for me to find you one too! :thumbsup: Cause I can only find kickass deals when I am broke! :crazy:

Trust me that is how it goes all the time. lol.

Tint makes those EFs look 10x better IMO.

It already has tint on it. Pretty dark, Black primer and also drop springs so it sits as low or if not lower then my del sol and thats why I am loving it. Its just this one EF I really like. Plus it has a motor swap (not done yet) but I can't compain.

Thats a pretty stand up thing to do. Cuz if you really think about it, your sister does not need a car. But your doin the honerable thing and giving her yours. Your better than most. Much repsect for that decision.

As for the hatch, go for it. worst case senario you can finish it and sell it.

Yeah Thanks man. Yeah I could be a A*hole but I am not in any forum or fashion.

I like the hatch I have a feeling I will wind up with three cars if we buy my sis a new car. I could just sell the hatch and get good bit back. So I can't complain or just take the engine out and swap it in the del sol and sell the shell. Or knowing my luck, I will try to keep it.

Not really pawning off one of the cars. lol. I just kinda giving up a honda for another one. But I wish I could keep the del sol. ya know? but hey the family needs it so I decided to give it to them to help them out.

It's your car. You can do what you want with it and giving it to your sister is very kind of you. But in your original post I find nowhere this "need" is established. Me and many of the people I know drove family vehicles when they turned 16 until they had earned enough money to buy their own. Why can't she do the same? It's very nice of you and she'll owe you big, but if you don't want to part with the car why should you just so she doesn't have to work for it like so many of the rest of us have had to?

Not trying to be a d!ck. I just want to make sure this is a wise decision. :sleep2:

I would let your sister drive the Del Sol, but not give it to her. Once she gets older you will thank me. Sisters have a way of needing to borrow at least a grand at some point in time, when that comes you will not want the car to be in her name incase she doesn't pay you back. Sounds a little harsh, but trust me.

^ lol.

I have to agree though, simply let her "borrow" it.

I also agree with Mitchness... does she have any kind of a job right now? If not, is there any way she can get something (near impossible, but maybe your area has a couple of misc. things available somewhere)? (If she doesn't have a job, why does she need to have a car?)

I would never do this myself, and don't really agree with it. Reason being is that well you worked hard for your vehicle, and you would be just handing it over for nothing...why was she not able to work and save for a vehicle herself? It's what I did and worked @ minimum wage at the time it was $6.75hr. for over a year, and did side jobs etc to bring the money into the bank account. I had enough money to purchase an '86 dodge aries with 70k on the clock for $200, all that it needed was a muffler. As well as buying the acr i paid my car insurance in full for the year...still not depleting the funds in my bank account.

It's all about what you want in life and if you are willing to work hard for it. If not then why should you deserve it? Also what kind of example does this set for her...will she always be expecting handouts because thats what has been presented to her?

I mean no offense mind you it's the way I feel, and yes even though it is family that does not make a difference to me even if they're the best kid in the world and one couldn't ask for anything else from her...I will not buy any of my kids a car (when i have em) nor will I pay their insurance.

Life is just all about choices, and even when you're very young your choices will stay with you for the rest of your life.

Why not lease it out to her? No reason you shouldn't get some kind of return on it. I mean your still be helping her out alot considering shes not going to get any loan from a bank by herself especially with the economy today lol.

Yeah but something i dont see why it should be his responsiblity to just give up his car for nothng to come from it. I mean either get it back over time once she's done with it or slowly pay for it herself, etc?

have her buy the hatch, keep the sol

sol > hatch

or make her pay you a little just so she has to earn it, handing the keys to someone is generous, but ultimately they learn nothing from it, i was damned proud of my first car cuz i had to earn it, and i treated it better to.

Archived