I have come to a decision.

chris_agu28

I would let your sister drive the Del Sol, but not give it to her. Once she gets older you will thank me. Sisters have a way of needing to borrow at least a grand at some point in time, when that comes you will not want the car to be in her name incase she doesn't pay you back. Sounds a little harsh, but trust me.

I was gonna say, why don't you just let her drive it, with the promise that if she messes anything up, she will have to pay for it! That's it! She will have a car and your parents don't have to buy another car :D

It's what I did and worked @ minimum wage at the time it was $6.75hr.

I was making $5.65/hour when I bought the Sol (was making like $6.10/hour when I got the CRX, but then left that job to enter the world of retail) :laugh:

I was making $5.65/hour when I bought the Sol (was making like $6.10/hour when I got the CRX, but then left that job to enter the world of retail) :laugh:

yea that was back in i wanna say '01

yea that was back in i wanna say '01

Made $6/hr in '99, $6.10 for most of '00, then dropped took a pay cut to $5.50 to work a different job. minimum wage was like $5.35 or something :laugh:

Made $6/hr in '99, $6.10 for most of '00, then dropped took a pay cut to $5.50 to work a different job. minimum wage was like $5.35 or something :laugh:

yea i got in working at that restaurant for over a year at that rate. then it took one of the other cooks to OD for the owner to realize how much i do around there. got bumped up to $9hr then. and my network in the local restaurants is pretty strong so ill always have something to fall back onto. i just quit for school @ $13hr. and would get something like 70hrs. a week...its all choices.

Well to update you guys, I am planning on getting the EF hatch not cause it has a engine swap but I also found out it also has LOW miles like for the 91 civic DX it has 71K on it and 55K on the new motor. Plus I need more seats and with a hatchback I can carry my BMX bike with me unlike the del sol where it did not fit. The reason I am giving the car to my sis is cause she does alot in her life. She is a Straight A student, is in the band (Also the best trumpet player in the band), and when she graduatates she gets a free scholarship to any college she wants for all the stuff she does. Her day breaks down on this schedule. 6:30am she gets up and gets ready for school, 7:15am leaves for school until about 3:30pm then she stays after school until about 6pm for band then comes home, does homework until about 7 sometimes all the way to 9pm and then goes to sleep at 10pm. Not really any time for a job. and we all are working but her but she has school. So by all the work she is doing, I am giving her the car and my parents are giving me money for me to finish the 240sx like money for a new clutch, headgasket and everything I need and I can use that money and buy the EF and finish the swap.

Trust me I was no straight A student and I got a job and bought and earned all my car's in my life so I appreciate all the cars have and still own.

Archived