Has anyone else spent too much money lately?

Hatch92

I bought another torque wrench today, a cherry picker yesterday, new set of 1/2" mm and standard sockets yesterday, spent about $150 at the part stores, and my new helmet.

DSC_0194.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

and it happened to lead to this

DSC_0195.jpg

yeah i think ive spent a little too much money lately also... i spent $150+ at iloveracing.com yesterday on clothes...2 volk racing shirts, FF origionals shirt, no lag all boost shirt, volk racing umbrella, 3 keychains, a smoking kills lighter (ill use it to light my cigarettes lol) and a few stickers to put on the evo (option 2, I <3 Racing)

and i have $200+ woth of DVDs from iloveracing on the way as well... plus i bought some clothes from pac sun ($150+), and some more clothes and 2 pair of adidas from drjays.com ($200+)... and i was thinking about getting online and getting some more hollister jeans tomorrow, lol

Lets see here, went shopping last week, that was about $300.00, went out on the weekend $100.00, bought another Iphone $300.00 (but i sold my old one so it was a wash), bought new tires for the teg $700.00, 2 new o2 sensors for the nsx $120.00 for both (thanks Busted!), need to spend another $180.00 on a real estate test, and thats pretty much it for the past week....so yea i have been spending way too much...but thats why im in the office till about 7pm

I always spend too much money now that we have a kid. Plus his 1st birthday is coming up so we have all the costs of throwing him that party plus Bday presents.

I need to replace my timing belt and water pump on my car but have been putting it off because we're beyond broke. Hopefully it doesn't snap and bend my valves.

Clean: parts are decently priced online if your doing the job yourself, but if you take it anywhere then thats way expensive.

Well, I want to use OEM parts, so they are still fairly expensive. I'm probably looking at $150-200 for the parts which we just don't have right now with Brandon's Birthday party expenses. Oh well.......I'm sure it will be fine since I drive really easy all the time.

I have been really good at savely here lately but I got a few grand thats going to be going here in the coming weeks getting my car up and running again, etc.

Well, I want to use OEM parts, so they are still fairly expensive. I'm probably looking at $150-200 for the parts which we just don't have right now with Brandon's Birthday party expenses. Oh well.......I'm sure it will be fine since I drive really easy all the time.

Ahhh gotcha...yeah OEM is always more than aftermarket...your son comes before your daughter heheh...but yea man if i can get the parts discounted at a good price i'll let you know from Acura (a guy discounts parts since i get the nsx serviced through them) i'll let you know, you just need a timing belt and waterpump?

*Update*

Nate: I can get everything for $140.00

Same here. I've saved just about every penny in the past 2 months. I bought a hydraulic jack and jack stands for $100 last week. Just a few seconds ago, I bought this.

And tomorrow, I'm going to pay my %#$@ing tuition, which pretty much cleans me out.

Same here. I've saved just about every penny in the past 2 months. I bought a hydraulic jack and jack stands for $100 last week. Just a few seconds ago, I bought this.

And tomorrow, I'm going to pay my %#$@ing tuition, which pretty much cleans me out.

Why did you buy a radar detector? I always thought they were garbage...but seems like you got the terminator of all detectors lol

we always spend too much money... we spend about $120/month just on soda (i'm addicted to diet coke), about $300 on tobacco products and I've lost count of how much fast food chris eats every week & how much money gets spent on going out to dinner, movies etc. I blew $40 in walmart yesterday and I'm not entirely sure what I bought... which kind of sucks because I need more eyeshadow, and my eyeshadow runs about $16 for one.

I too save for what I want so I don't have money worries dogging me. Granted it takes longer to get what you want, but patience>debt.

But the girlfriend is definitely the way to drain the pocketbook without me knowing. The credit card bill keeps surprising me every month now! :laugh:

Why did you buy a radar detector? I always thought they were garbage...but seems like you got the terminator of all detectors lol

Just in case. Cost me $300 shipped, which is less than each of the 2 speeding tickets I've gotten. I also had to do a 6 hour defensive driving class twice because of those, which I also had to pay for.

I only go about 70-80 tops, and I don't pass other cars at more than 5mph over what they are doing, but with this long trip next week, and a 2 hour commute to school, I'd rather not get any more tickets.

we always spend too much money... we spend about $120/month just on soda (i'm addicted to diet coke), about $300 on tobacco products and I've lost count of how much fast food chris eats every week & how much money gets spent on going out to dinner, movies etc. I blew $40 in walmart yesterday and I'm not entirely sure what I bought... which kind of sucks because I need more eyeshadow, and my eyeshadow runs about $16 for one.

Wow Lexi! LOL

Now, I'm off to go deposit my check......

Thats an unheard of price for one round here lol. Wow! And I hear you on not knowing what you spent your money on porcelain. My girlfriend and I used to be like that untill i started saving money for my car build, etc. Just spent money all the time like it was nothing!

Ahhh gotcha...yeah OEM is always more than aftermarket...your son comes before your daughter heheh...but yea man if i can get the parts discounted at a good price i'll let you know from Acura (a guy discounts parts since i get the nsx serviced through them) i'll let you know, you just need a timing belt and waterpump?

*Update*

Nate: I can get everything for $140.00

Hey...that's sweet. I'll hit you up in a couple months when I end up doing this. I'm hoping to get a little school money back due to pell grants so I should be able to get the stuff in August or September.

Hey...that's sweet. I'll hit you up in a couple months when I end up doing this. I'm hoping to get a little school money back due to pell grants so I should be able to get the stuff in August or September.

No problem man! btw, did you end up gettin an Iphone or just using the Black jack?

Archived