intergra type r

Honda_boyd0.ob

you guys are mean.

steve at hmotorsonline can import them. he sells them for like 18-20k, though plus the importing fee.

It has to go through the US DOT though right? when i was younger i was FANTISIZED about the hachi roku (LEVIN) and i wanted to order one but they told me i had to buy 2 so they could total one so that they could "make sure" it was up to the DOT standards... im just wondering, if thats not the case, i want a S15 lol!!! :drool:

All you have to do when importing it is make sure it passes emmisions... so ship it over in parts, label it as parts, and when you get it here, put it back togther. then find someone who can make sure you pass emissions..

I tried to bring up this topic before, here.

You have to:

1. Locate a vehicle in Japan

2. Establish a purchase agreement

3. Find a Shipper that can handle loading the car in a container, or hire a Transporter to drive it to the dock

4. You have to find/pay a Forwarder who will find/charge you for a Holder; they don't ship it right away, you have to wait your turn, and the container has to be stored and secured in the meantime.

5. Once the Forwarder has the vehicle stowed, you will have a Bill Of Lading specific to the voyage your container will be on. All Forwarders require that you insured your shipment.

6. If your container is not lost, dropped, overboard, stolen, or shipped to Europe; then it gets to sit in customs. Yeah, you have to pay another warehouse to hold your container.

7. When the Bill Of Lading is inspected and they see you have imported a vehicle, the government is going to want some money.

8. If you cannot meet the vehicle at the docks, you have to hire a Cargo Carrier to ship the container to your city. He will require that you insure the shipment for that portion of the journey.

9. Once you have your precious car, you can crank it up, but you will not be able to register it if it is not found on the list I provided above.

You can pay someone to handle all the above for you, but it's like paying a concierge, an expensive concierge.

If you or your agent do not follow the above procedure, it is considered smuggling. Uncle Sam doesn't like smugglers, Homeland Security doesn't like smugglers.

One way to get around the above mess (and I'm sure you guys have seen this), is to have the vehicle cut into pieces and then shipped in crates, the restrictions are reduced as are the rates for insurance, warehousing, etc. You still run the risk of loosing a crate.

found one! forgot a friend of mine was selling one. little pricey though.

Year: 2002

Model: Honda Integra Type R

Mileage: 000,063 KMS

Price: $27,000 Firm

Registration Ends: 12/16/2008

The 1 Make Race Version came with 1 base model seat, no rear interior, no heater core, no LSD etc.... However the car will come with...

Engine:

K20A Type R Long Block

K20A Type R Transmission w/new OEM LSD

No A/C

Interior: 10/10 Condition

Full Type R Interior (Red Front Seats/Door Panels)

No Heater Core (I have one but not installed)

No Power Door Locks

Exterior:

Full Type R Exterior

Reverse Lights and License Plate Lights have no plugs on the Race Version, however I will include another interior harness with these plugs (also not installed)

Brakes/Suspension:

OEM Type R Suspension

OEM Brembo Brakes

No ABS

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

Just waiting on the brake and lamp inspection to get the title.

Thanks

Alex

crispikreme@yahoo.com

a little pricey?!?! that thing cost almost as much as my EVO 9 :crazy:

i guess if you really want a rare car youll pay for it... but it is freaking awesome, id like to have it but not for 27G's

anything top end like a honda integra type-r, will not meet emission standards in cali. not sure about the other states but similar.

I pass emissions no matter what, best friend works there, he said after i start modding the evo he'll pass me, lol :)

I tried to bring up this topic before, here.

You have to:

1. Locate a vehicle in Japan

2. Establish a purchase agreement

3. Find a Shipper that can handle loading the car in a container, or hire a Transporter to drive it to the dock

4. You have to find/pay a Forwarder who will find/charge you for a Holder; they don't ship it right away, you have to wait your turn, and the container has to be stored and secured in the meantime.

5. Once the Forwarder has the vehicle stowed, you will have a Bill Of Lading specific to the voyage your container will be on. All Forwarders require that you insured your shipment.

6. If your container is not lost, dropped, overboard, stolen, or shipped to Europe; then it gets to sit in customs. Yeah, you have to pay another warehouse to hold your container.

7. When the Bill Of Lading is inspected and they see you have imported a vehicle, the government is going to want some money.

8. If you cannot meet the vehicle at the docks, you have to hire a Cargo Carrier to ship the container to your city. He will require that you insure the shipment for that portion of the journey.

9. Once you have your precious car, you can crank it up, but you will not be able to register it if it is not found on the list I provided above.

You can pay someone to handle all the above for you, but it's like paying a concierge, an expensive concierge.

If you or your agent do not follow the above procedure, it is considered smuggling. Uncle Sam doesn't like smugglers, Homeland Security doesn't like smugglers.

One way to get around the above mess (and I'm sure you guys have seen this), is to have the vehicle cut into pieces and then shipped in crates, the restrictions are reduced as are the rates for insurance, warehousing, etc. You still run the risk of loosing a crate.

Or find someone that has already done the above and is selling theirs for $27k.

I pass emissions no matter what, best friend works there, he said after i start modding the evo he'll pass me, lol :)

oh yes, buddy buddy hook up at a smog shop.. im not risking a $100k fine over that, and possible jail term for the treehuggers club if your a tech

couldnt you just import the car in pieces and rebuild it here... then have it listed as a "reconstructed title" and all you should have to do is have the dmv certify it has been brought up to code...

couldnt you just import the car in pieces and rebuild it here... then have it listed as a "reconstructed title" and all you should have to do is have the dmv certify it has been brought up to code...

That was already stated a little bit earlier

• 2 weeks later...

here this is what you should read it has everything you need to know.

http://www.foreignborn.com/visas_imm/enter...tingyourcar.htm

what you should do is find someone that is getting ready to come to the US from there and then just have them bring the car when they come. might be a little harder but it would be cheaper (free entrance into the states it looks like)

I don't see the attraction of having a car from Japan. For less money, you could get a usdm one and make it faster than the jdm model. Or go with a completely different chassis and swap in the k20A. I'm not saying the jdm ones aren't good, in most cases they perform better. But an actual JDM vehicle is mostly a status symbol. The main allure of it is it's exclusivity.

I don't see the attraction of having a car from Japan. For less money, you could get a usdm one and make it faster than the jdm model. Or go with a completely different chassis and swap in the k20A. I'm not saying the jdm ones aren't good, in most cases they perform better. But an actual JDM vehicle is mostly a status symbol. The main allure of it is it's exclusivity.

Exactly why alot of people want them, b/c nobody has a RHD ITR/RSX, at least thats how i see it...

Oh seeing that you live HELLA close to me and talking about JDM cars, have you seen the White R33 GTR with the CF bodykit, hood, trunk, and wing? Guys name is Zong and works at Fuji on northfield in murfreesboro (he used to drive a 475whp boosted ITR).. Now thats one SICK and clean JDM peice of ass right there :) (talking about the car, lol)

Archived