Forgot to tell you..

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for chubbs car 3" would probably be suitable since he has a built motor and going to be boosting a lot. but on mine it was too big since i was only boosting 6 psi, it was just giving me way too much lag.

this guy in town calls himself prelude dave

i dunno what sorta' work his 00 prelude has gone through but he's generating about 386fwhp and that sh*t pulls crazy hard LOL

has a 3" n1 catback (WTF YO ON A HONDA?) and stock rims appearance wise..that and a carbonf iber hood. really deceptive.

I didnt know you were talking about a boosted lude, thats why i said wtf 3" exhaust... i thought he was just all motor running a 3"

I didnt know you were talking about a boosted lude, thats why i said wtf 3" exhaust... i thought he was just all motor running a 3"

Not being a weiner but do a little more R&D work before posting untrue statements, it has been proven that even on bone stock naturally aspirated H22 setups a 3'' exhaust gives more power and torque gains over any 2.5 exhaust system out there. If you have any contradictions to my knowledge or statements please refer to....

www.honda-tech.com

www.preludepower.com

Or you can give my boss a call at my shop the link to our site and our number is in my sig.

On bigger motors bigger piping is better, even in N/A form.

That's why a decently modified K20 or K24 can sport a thermal 3" catback and STILL not feel as though it's flat while under WOT applications.

I figure if your going to boost, you should be runnin bigger pipin...

i wouldnt look at anything smaller than 3"

There is alot more terminology behind exhaust piping diameter rather then if your just na or boosted, you build the exhaust to flow and suit the needs of the motor. For example If I was doing like a .57 trim or a 60-1 something alot smaller then the turbo im using I would use 3'' to maximize the flow of the smaller exhaust housing of the turbo. My turbo is about the same as a 35R or a T67 I just have different compressor wheel and housing specs because I built the turbo to suit my 88mm motor. Like I said everything in this setup isn't just bought as is an thrown together, everything is built and fully customized to work best based around my motor specs.

• 2 months later...

I know no one on here cares but after 3 years here she is, about to be in the lude in less than a month, still have to finish a few things up. 500+whp :thumbup:

0820081632.jpg

0813081520.jpg

I know no one on here cares but after 3 years here she is, about to be in the lude in less than a month, still have to finish a few things up. 500+whp :thumbup:

0820081632.jpg

0813081520.jpg

DUDE I care! :drool:

Let us know if it was worth the wait! :o

Thanks to you I have to clean my keyboard!!!!!

DUDE I care! :drool:

Let us know if it was worth the wait! :o

Thanks to you I have to clean my keyboard!!!!!

I wasn't really waiting, more or less anticipating, I built the entire motor accept for the sleeve and bore work via (ERL/Darton) and all of my head work via (BES, beschoff) I work for Rob at total performance racing, we did all the fab work etc etc..

I wasn't really waiting, more or less anticipating, I built the entire motor accept for the sleeve and bore work via (ERL/Darton) and all of my head work via (BES, beschoff) I work for Rob at total performance racing, we did all the fab work etc etc..

I will be waiting for vid and pics! :thumbsup:

about time man, good work. when you planning to tune it?

We actually have an in house dynapack 3000 chassis dyno, and Dave Blundell is our tuner. And to Kastigir, we can do anything your heart desires for 4G63's, even tune them! We just did a mild turbo setup on a 2nd gen eclipse gst, fwd :crazy: Anyways it was something like an ERL equal length manifold, garrett 60-1, aeromotive, tial, RC, etc. It put down 290whp and 283wtq, nothing special but its a daily driven 100,000 mile motor.

We actually have an in house dynapack 3000 chassis dyno, and Dave Blundell is our tuner. And to Kastigir, we can do anything your heart desires for 4G63's, even tune them! We just did a mild turbo setup on a 2nd gen eclipse gst, fwd :crazy: Anyways it was something like an ERL equal length manifold, garrett 60-1, aeromotive, tial, RC, etc. It put down 290whp and 283wtq, nothing special but its a daily driven 100,000 mile motor.

I'll be looking at a 16/20g, and 20 lbs of boost. That's if my motor isn't toast, something I'm hoping to find out soon. You really need to call me so we can talk.

I'll be looking at a 16/20g, and 20 lbs of boost. That's if my motor isn't toast, something I'm hoping to find out soon. You really need to call me so we can talk.

Any time your interested in getting some work done or need to get a part, give us a call. -513.942.7020

Yea Chubs. You're my most missed member (not to sound gay or anything). I love your Prelude.

Haha thanks man, im still around I just don't have a lot of down time.

One more, bulletproof.

0811081932.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

man, that took you 3 years?

:laugh: im glad its finally coming together, bout damn time man. i can only imagine what my del sol would look like/power it would have if i kept it. with all the money i dumped in my sti, i would have like a fully blown track del sol :laugh:

Archived