Need to beat a 2001 Mitsubishi Spyder GS

SpeedDemon

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah were gonna make a trip out of it. gonna get abunch of people together including my buddy with his 86 mustang gt that is gonna be laying down 500 at the rear wheels by then, and the friend with a talon pushing out 22lbs of boost and 460 AWHP. and now it looks like we are bringing another kid we graduated with along that just bought a 08 mustang gt lol. i know both mustangs will be competing and so will the talon for actual money. me and the spyder are just for fun...and some bets on the side lol

ebay intakes are all about the same as name brand same. you are safe there.

exhaust manifolds matter and there is much photo evidence of ebay ones sucking balls. avoid if you can

springs hugely matter. you break an exhaust manifold or cai cause its junk - no big deal. you break a spring at 80 on the freeway - you die. they may actually be fine, but i will NEVER put generic suspension, steering or braking components on a car i drive.

i bought my header from ebay.. better then stock and never had a problem with it.. had it for like 2 years now

Let me clarify, the name brand products would be fine, and knockoff products should be ok, it's the nameless ones you have to worry about. the 'racing headers' with no maker or information.

who was that that posted up pics of the inside of his ebay generic header where the metal overlap on the inside of the welds blocked over half of the tube?

Let me clarify, the name brand products would be fine, and knockoff products should be ok, it's the nameless ones you have to worry about. the 'racing headers' with no maker or information.

who was that that posted up pics of the inside of his ebay generic header where the metal overlap on the inside of the welds blocked over half of the tube?

Alex I think??

$55.00! :thumbsup:

yep, gonna go to the stealership monday

thats what im trying to stay away from.

OP is updated with parts.

ben and mike had a good point, im really not gonna gain anything from all this. so im not gonna waste too much money. ive never heard of AP1AP2 so i looked up reviews, they had 7774 positive, 103 netural, and 42 negative, their prices are fair, and i called and talked to them today. very informative, and it all comes with gaskets and bolts.

so right now ive the the CAI, exhaust, header and test pipe taken care of. still looking for a GSR throttle body though.

any other suggestions for things?

should i use loctite on the bolts for the exhaust?

im pissed now. so me and the guy with the spyder get out of class and head into town. he picked up some wheel bearings and i got some prices on half shalfts. after wards we took the backroads to university and there is a 3 mile stretch of open road with no houses. so were like "why not get some test runs". we both made individual runs around a 1/8 mile. so we line up and go head to head, first run he spins all the way through second so i just ran away. second run he bogged it and didnt move more than 10 feet. third run i get him by 2 cars from the dig, and out of nowhere he flys by like im not even in gear. my first though is "damn...vaccum leak". nope this butthead has lied to me for months. he doesnt have the GS 4 cyl with 142 ish HP. he has the GT v6 with 200 hp. i was pissed off. so this thread can suck my dik because its either a motor swap or turbo going now.

ill still be picking up the extra intake manifold and gsr throttle body. found a guy that has both, so how do i tell if it is a gsr throttle body other than size?

http://columbus.craigslist.org/pts/1534489319.html what u guys think? too much?

HAHAHAHAH OWNED.

HOW COULD YOU NOT LOOK AT HIS ENGINE?

i could never get him to let me look. thought about slitting his convertible top open and then popping hood lol.

hell he doesnt even have the badge on his car that says GS or GT

Couldn't have put it better.

That is pretty gutting though mate! Don't just go getting the cheapest/easiest turbo set up you can just cos u wanna thrash this guy, spend some time on it n then thrash him!

yeah it was gutting. im not gonna rush this, i want to do it right(and funds dont allow it to be done quickly lol). but i havent decided on what i want to do. i want to swap motors, because i dont feel like going to get a tune. im trying to find a b16a2/3 and cam it with basic bolt on junk.

If you get a gsr throttle body, won't you have to get it tuned?

thats what i said!

and yes.. for it to run right he would need to get it tuned.. and since he isnt porting/polishing anything else it really wouldnt help THAT much.. it wont let in THAT much more air.. and the intake manifold is still the same size.. and its not designed to FORCE air in.. it might add like 1-2 hp IF

and not to mention the piggyback/chip would be more money.. tuning is normally $150+ an hour.. not worth it IMO

david.. save your money and dont worry about morons.. save it and PLAN YOUR BUILD

and until then do what ben said.. it'll hold a 50 shot for a while

you only hate it because it doesnt poke and stretch and the wing isnt huge :p

here she is. should have it after i get my tax return. gonna piece together the axels and mounts off of craigslist and ebay. and i can get a gsr transmission for <400. or just take my cousins gsr tranny since he detonated a piston haha.

so any opinions?

Archived