Need to beat a 2001 Mitsubishi Spyder GS

SpeedDemon

ok so my buddy has a new 2001 spyder gs. 4cyl. all he does is brag and brag. its a convertible and 5 speed.

here is a link for tech aspects http://autos.yahoo.com/2001_mitsubishi_ecl...pyder_gs-specs/

i needs some part suggestions to run to beat him in the 1/4. maybe some 1/8 runs too. i know turbo was the first thing, but im on a strict budget. VERY strick.

so far here is what im thinking

cheapo CAI

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-95-HONDA...=item2eaa4d544f

AP1AP2 catback exhaust

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-CIVIC...sQ5fAccessories

AP1AP2 header and test pipe

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-93-94-95...eQ5fCarQ5fParts

i take him from a dig easy, but he wont leave my back bumper. i want to walk away(somewhat).

all of this is straight line oriented. because i flat out rape him in the corners

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the hell happened? how did you become a noob all of a sudden?

Why race, he's driving a non-turbo i4 mitsubishi. nuf said.

Attaching said items to you car will not net you any actual power increase.

yeah i kinda figured. just wanted everyones input. i was expecting the first reply to still be "turbo/motor swap". but i dont get it. he keeps up with me despite only having 20 more hp at the crank and his car weighing a sh1t ton more...thats why i posted this

gearing and torque, despite the fact that your car is the SI model you still get 10-15mpg better then he does because your little 1.6 lacks those two things.

yeah i kinda figured. just wanted everyones input. i was expecting the first reply to still be "turbo/motor swap". but i dont get it. he keeps up with me despite only having 20 more hp at the crank and his car weighing a sh1t ton more...thats why i posted this

" It doesn't matter if you win by a inch, or by a mile" :thumbsup:

LOL were in the same boat i know someone who owns one of those ugly eclipses and thinks there hot shart let me know what you end up doing.

right now im gonna get some parts off of ebay. going with a header. stock cat(i want to stay emissions legal). catback exhaust, a cheap CAI. and if possible i want to mount up a GSR intake manifold. ive heard of it being done, but im gonna search some more on it.

tell em not to fking smoke then! it's your car man, your rules.

its mostly mom. cant argue with her caues then the world will blow up

" It doesn't matter if you win by a inch, or by a mile" :thumbsup:

fk that. i just found a turbo kit for $500. needs 1 oil line and the piping. i can make the piping myself, uncle has a tube bender and stuff for that.

kinda hard when im still living at home. already gotten the threat for being kicked out lol. o well, turns out that turbo kit is already sold.

how are tsudo headers?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-95-Honda...sQ5fAccessories

ive never heard of them before

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...RK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I am getting those for my next Sol, hopefully B-series though. They will take $150 offer

meh, ill just get the other ones that i put up. i figure if i pay 70+20 for shipping thats 90. then 50 for a intake, and im searching for a catback exhaust

F-that! Why buy some ones used POS, and you will still need new gaskets as well! >_<

yeah but there are others that arent 150. they all do the same thing. ill probably do what you did for a short ram intake. just mount the filter lol. i need new gaskets for my car anyways. shouldnt be to hard to get some

damn every one thinks just because they have ahonda it needs to beat every thing on the road. But damn just in joy that you save money at the pump while some one with a mitsubishi is spending out the ass at the pump just to get down the road.

Just wait untile he fries the tranny in that eclipse then laugh at him for having to put out money on the tranny since they are weak and mitsubishi does not want to admit it. I know this for a fact do to that i own an eclipse and the trans went out and well lets put it this way they are not cheap to come by due to that fact they have so much electronics just for the transmission. Just for a trans for the GT model is over 1000 dollers thats not including labor cost. And the way you are talking, that person does not know anything about the eclipse or any other type of car. So if you wait for his trans to go out then you wont have to worry about seeing that car for a long time. do to that labor alone will cost over a grand and the only people that can afford to shell out that much money is either rich or have a very high paying job. But then why would they get a eclipse that every one knows about the weak points about the car with just a little bit of reasearch.

damn every one thinks just because they have ahonda it needs to beat every thing on the road. But damn just in joy that you save money at the pump while some one with a mitsubishi is spending out the ass at the pump just to get down the road.

Just wait untile he fries the tranny in that eclipse then laugh at him for having to put out money on the tranny since they are weak and mitsubishi does not want to admit it. I know this for a fact do to that i own an eclipse and the trans went out and well lets put it this way they are not cheap to come by due to that fact they have so much electronics just for the transmission. Just for a trans for the GT model is over 1000 dollers thats not including labor cost. And the way you are talking, that person does not know anything about the eclipse or any other type of car. So if you wait for his trans to go out then you wont have to worry about seeing that car for a long time. do to that labor alone will cost over a grand and the only people that can afford to shell out that much money is either rich or have a very high paying job. But then why would they get a eclipse that every one knows about the weak points about the car with just a little bit of reasearch.

ill be the first of many to tell you. "shut the fuk up". that first sentence you said is not going to give you a warm welcome here. for the record im not much cared to put any money into my car until he got his GS. because i never cared. 36 mpg is great. and i will still retain a good bit of that. and dont even start the sh1t about DSM's. one of my co workers (also went to high school with im). has a talon that is putting down 450 WHP. he has eaten more than 5 transmission in 4 years. i know that DSM break. everyone knows that. but no im not going to wait for his transmission to break, because mommy and daddy will either buy him another car or fix the car for him. i went to highshcool with him, he is the person that in order to shut them up you have to show them up. i have every intention of doing it this summer when we make a trip to norwalk to compete in the free runs for head to head 1/4 mile. my car SHOULD beat his, but its barely staying ahead. i know what parts i need, i just asked the rest of the regulars for brands and opinions.

so if you have nothing constructive or helpful to say toards the OP then sit your noob ass back and let us regulars talk

ill be the first of many to tell you. "shut the fuk up". that first sentence you said is not going to give you a warm welcome here. for the record im not much cared to put any money into my car until he got his GS. because i never cared. 36 mpg is great. and i will still retain a good bit of that. and dont even start the sh1t about DSM's. one of my co workers (also went to high school with im). has a talon that is putting down 450 WHP. he has eaten more than 5 transmission in 4 years. i know that DSM break. everyone knows that. but no im not going to wait for his transmission to break, because mommy and daddy will either buy him another car or fix the car for him. i went to highshcool with him, he is the person that in order to shut them up you have to show them up. i have every intention of doing it this summer when we make a trip to norwalk to compete in the free runs for head to head 1/4 mile. my car SHOULD beat his, but its barely staying ahead. i know what parts i need, i just asked the rest of the regulars for brands and opinions.

so if you have nothing constructive or helpful to say toards the OP then sit your noob ass back and let us regulars talk

Honestly he was right really. :thumbsup: I for one take no offense! :D

i took offense to it. the first thing said is "damn every one thinks just because they have ahonda it needs to beat every thing on the road." the OP was made for one person, not every perosn on the road.

but back to OP.

any brand name suggestion for catback exhaust?

ive got apexi

spoon

and at an extreme mugen

i took offense to it. the first thing said is "damn every one thinks just because they have ahonda it needs to beat every thing on the road." the OP was made for one person, not every perosn on the road.

but back to OP.

any brand name suggestion for catback exhaust?

ive got apexi

spoon

and at an extreme mugen

There you go you uptight little sissy! :laugh:

Archived