so....pretty....

and you'll get to drive yours...unless i steal it first :devil:

oh sorry i already drove mine, thats how i knew that the clutch was slipping there smart one.

i like how you TRY to crack on me, but you fail at it :thumbsup:

and joe there is nothing wrong with rotas, my slips just arrived at the house. im waiting for my mom to get back from FL to take pictures of them :p

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the car has mitsubishi plates because its at a mitsubishi dealership. it was traded in.

15k miles.

the access port was unmarried when it was traded in.

the dealership paid 27k for it when it was traded in, so they are into it that much.

they are asking 28.

they cant come down on the price of the car because they cant afford to take that kind of loss.

but since im good friends with the owner, instead of coming down in price on the sti, they are giving me 8500 trade in value for my wrx, which should be around 4700.

bens right, im not pissed. lol. let us know if u get it.

I thought you wanted one though?

Those wheels look sick Joe.

Nothin wrong with Rotas. Just figured someone who can afford a new STi would have more expensive taste.

i didnt pick out the rims. they are on the car.

my guy over at metric subaru just got back to me though, he says the engine has had some major repair work done last september. me thinks the guy blew his motor

here is the Vin: JF1GD76617L509536

oh sorry i already drove mine, thats how i knew that the clutch was slipping there smart one.

i like how you TRY to crack on me, but you fail at it :thumbsup:

and joe there is nothing wrong with rotas, my slips just arrived at the house. im waiting for my mom to get back from FL to take pictures of them :p

my bad i thought you said you never had a chance to drive it.

the car has mitsubishi plates because its at a mitsubishi dealership. it was traded in.

15k miles.

the access port was unmarried when it was traded in.

the dealership paid 27k for it when it was traded in, so they are into it that much.

they are asking 28.

they cant come down on the price of the car because they cant afford to take that kind of loss.

but since im good friends with the owner, instead of coming down in price on the sti, they are giving me 8500 trade in value for my wrx, which should be around 4700.

what year is it, 06 or 07?

you do know you could get an 08 for almost that price right? waaaaaaay too high of a price. dont care what the dealer said, its not worth that much period. it does have low mileage but if there was motor work done to it id find out what and then take it from there. but right now that car is dangerous running on no EM, and im sure they have let people test drive it. probably overboosting like hell without the EM too.

not trying to be negative, just dont want you to pick it up and then have a billion problems with it.

I thought you wanted one though?

Those wheels look sick Joe.

Nothin wrong with Rotas. Just figured someone who can afford a new STi would have more expensive taste.

thanks man. yeah well you know i had volks on there, but i picked these rota's up b/c they are aggressive as hell and i like how they look. dont even care if they are rota knockoff's of the TE's...lol whatever. i can at least say i've owned expensive AND cheap rims :laugh:

what year is it, 06 or 07?

you do know you could get an 08 for almost that price right? waaaaaaay too high of a price. dont care what the dealer said, its not worth that much period. it does have low mileage but if there was motor work done to it id find out what and then take it from there. but right now that car is dangerous running on no EM, and im sure they have let people test drive it. probably overboosting like hell without the EM too.

not trying to be negative, just dont want you to pick it up and then have a billion problems with it.

kelly blue book says suggested retail is $30k for the 07 sti with 15k miles and in "excellent" condition. although my buddy picked up his 07 wrx limited with 25k miles with an awesome warranty for $16k (came out to something like $275 a month on what i think was a 5 year loan) but the dealer gave him all kinds of grief that it was the wrong price for that vehicle and that he was taking a huge loss for it, but i think that was all a gimmick.

my car valued at almost 14,000, im paying 10,500, loan is only for 8,500 tho. i could wreck it and make money. my insurance company was not amused, the loan ppl were thrilled.

kelly blue book says suggested retail is $30k for the 07 sti with 15k miles and in "excellent" condition. although my buddy picked up his 07 wrx limited with 25k miles with an awesome warranty for $16k (came out to something like $275 a month on what i think was a 5 year loan) but the dealer gave him all kinds of grief that it was the wrong price for that vehicle and that he was taking a huge loss for it, but i think that was all a gimmick.

KBB is retarded anyways. i'm not sure if its an 06 or 07, thats why i asked.

oh and by the way, if it is an 07, that would probably explain the motor going kapooey (along with his mods that werent properly tuned for i bet). 07's have a very bad factory tune and a LOT of people had issues with cracked ringlands. wouldnt be suprised if thats what the motor work was, new pistons lol.

its an 07.

ive heard that its been hit or miss on the 07 motor problems. some have them, and some dont.

who said that the parts looked like they were just thrown on there with no tune? i didnt realize that parts looked different after getting a tune.

anyway, dave over at metric subaru was able to get some info on the car. it was bought in ct, thats where the guy lived and had the work done to it. its also where he had the warranty replace his motor. still trying to find out if the accessport used was unmarried or not when traded in. id go to the dealership today and talk to the owner to get the previous owner's contact info, but i have a meeting with a congressman later.

seriously, i do. its to get a reference letter for the army.

COBB?

EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

??????????

yeah rick, make sure that accessport was unmarried b/c then your kinda screwed, lol. i was just saying that you should find out if that car was test driven by anyone b/c if there is NO accessport still married to it, then its running without at least an off the shelf map and thats not a good thing.

the 07's had a bad factory tune, im pretty sure there was no recall for it so i couldnt see how it would only be some and not all, maybe some didnt have any affects, but it definitely came with a bad tune from the factory. no worry, all you would need is a AP or whatever and a base map and you should be ok.

??????????

yeah rick, make sure that accessport was unmarried b/c then your kinda screwed, lol. i was just saying that you should find out if that car was test driven by anyone b/c if there is NO accessport still married to it, then its running without at least an off the shelf map and thats not a good thing.

the 07's had a bad factory tune, im pretty sure there was no recall for it so i couldnt see how it would only be some and not all, maybe some didnt have any affects, but it definitely came with a bad tune from the factory. no worry, all you would need is a AP or whatever and a base map and you should be ok.

does the bad tune only apply to the sti?

Archived